Remove admin jails in favor of suspensions

Tank

I'm not in support of the suggestion because I simply believe that admin jails server better use than a 'suspension' in this application. However, I'll be quick to admit that no punishment truly matters when you can just AFK in the admin jail and watch a movie as mentioned above.

I think the primary concern your suggestion brings to the spotlight is that bad apples will never learn. An admin jail won't do it, a kick won't do it, a temp ban won't do it. Sometimes even a permanent ban won't do it (They'll find a way back). The people who are truly determined to break the rules (or are simply bad at following them) are unlikely to be deterred from rule breaking long term by a 30 minute ajail.

Although I haven't been ajailed on this server, I can tell you from experience in the past that if I wasn't in a legal faction, I wouldn't have batted an eye at an admin jail. PD/SD/FD (etc) being on their toes and weeding out those who accumulate OOC punishments is one of the few fully functional deterrents to rule breaking. Perhaps if we can devise something similar to this to work for the average player, we can get rid of admin jails for something different. But for now, it may be old but it's the only reasonable option for staff to employ.

• mj2002 locked this topic