Remove admin jails in favor of suspensions

Tank

28 minutes ago, Wirbelwind said:

Because a roleplay server requires more thought and effort than rooty tooty point and shooty, and shouldn't be something you jump into mindlessly to ruin other people's experiences.

You can find a new CoD match in a matter of seconds.

What point are you trying to make? What you've said is true but I don't see how it correlates to a-jails and punishment or how it answers Fergie's question.

1 minute ago, Tank said:

What point are you trying to make? What you've said is true but I don't see how it correlates to a-jails and punishment or how it answers Fergie's question.

The point being that in CoD, a sour experience is going to stick for less. On a roleplay server, a sour experience is going to linger for a longer time.

I see no issue with admin jails. They're going to deter future offenders because they know they have to be in-game and can't do much else. It'll give them time to think and reflect upon their actions and hopefully we won't see them there again!

• Applaud 1
2 minutes ago, Wirbelwind said:

I see no issue with admin jails. They're going to deter future offenders because they know they have to be in-game and can't do much else. It'll give them time to think and reflect upon their actions and hopefully we won't see them there again!

This is precisely the point of an ajail.

39 minutes ago, Wirbelwind said:

The point being that in CoD, a sour experience is going to stick for less. On a roleplay server, a sour experience is going to linger for a longer time.

A suspension should deter future offenses all the same. Time off the game allows people to think about what they've done as well. Except you don't have to literally waste time in-game and thus not extend the punishment outside the game.

I get the point of an a-jail is to punish. I just think that's the wrong way to go about it.

3 hours ago, mj2002 said:

I think this is the most interesting part.

What makes GTAW special that it has found a means of punishment that's superior in this situation? 

If it were superior, there wouldn't be anyone doing anything bad...

People don't get locked up IRL and sent to the hole for their whole prison sentence...Why? Cause it's inhumane. Having to keep a game running to serve my time for doing something bad, is also in-humane.

People are either gonna break the rules or not. Just make it a temporary ban system and a strike system. More then 2 temp bans leads to a perma.

Edit; This is coming from someone with a clean GTA: W record and a clean LS-RP record. You have to look at the other side of the fence sometimes in life.

Edited by Sixth
  • Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic