Davis Mega Mall

Just now, Shekh said:

thats what original person was talking abt when u quoted them, so yes.

and i was saying how that stereotype isn't actually a stereotype on gtaw because of the stereotype and how people who don't know any better actually roleplay characters to fit that stereotype. it's a lot of 4d chess, ya get me?

Just now, Ode to Liberty said:

You are a racist and I hope you get banned from this community. If you don't realize how racist that really is then you need to go and take a course on how to be more progressive. You are the poster boy for white privilege. You get the opportunity to sit here and dictate what us African Americans really do, say and think on a roleplaying game and yet you choose a boring, disgusting stereotype because you have not done much research other than movies - which by the way, corrupt people's mindset.

I'm not racist. I'm not talking about African Americans in real life. I'm telling you that this stereotype that exists in real life isn't actually a stereotype in GTAW. Please refer to my prior point to better understand how things commonly occur on the server that you haven't actually played on yet.

I apologize if you took my comments the wrong way, but that's what has happened.

Just now, Marksman said:

I'm not racist. I'm not talking about African Americans in real life. I'm telling you that this stereotype that exists in real life isn't actually a stereotype in GTAW. Please refer to my prior point to better understand how things commonly occur on the server that you haven't actually played on yet.

I apologize if you took my comments the wrong way, but that's what has happened.

Your apology is accepted. Please just be more careful of the things you say in future as it can make you look like a racist. Can you please delete or edit your previous post to clarify that you were not being racist?

1 minute ago, Marksman said:

Considering most black characters you find are played pasty white teenagers from Europe living in a VICE documentary putting no effort into actually learning about and portraying black culture I don’t think this is far off. 

1 minute ago, Ode to Liberty said:

Your apology is accepted. Please just be more careful of the things you say in future as it can make you look like a racist. Can you please delete or edit your previous post to clarify that you were not being racist?

You just misunderstood his post now he has to go edit it? 

• Upvote 4
1 minute ago, Ode to Liberty said:

What do you mean by "no"? I simply asked for you to edit your post so it does not appear racist and now you have backtracked?

I'm going to make a forum report so this is your notification.

You’re not really asking you’re threatening him...

• Upvote 1
Just now, eTaylor said:

You’re not really asking you’re threatening him...

Why are you being argumentative over a racist comment? You do realize that you're making yourself look like a racist by defending what was thought to be an innocent mistake, but now it's actually looking racist and the apology is looking like something similar to a get out of jail card.

Stop defending racism. Marksman apologized because I took offense to what he said and now you're trying to strengthen the racist statement.

13 minutes ago, Ode to Liberty said:

Why are you being argumentative over a racist comment? You do realize that you're making yourself look like a racist by defending what was thought to be an innocent mistake, but now it's actually looking racist and the apology is looking like something similar to a get out of jail card.

Stop defending racism. Marksman apologized because I took offense to what he said and now you're trying to strengthen the racist statement.

I think you should drop this entire discussion before you get the thread locked ?

20 minutes ago, Ode to Liberty said:

I didn't apologize for what I said. I apologized that you misunderstood what I said. I don't think you've yet to understand what I said at all.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Ode to Liberty said:

There's no racist comment, just a misunderstanding on your part. It's an open discussion so I just commented on it, but we're taking it pretty far off-topic and it's hate to ruin the thread. If you'd like to discuss the intricacies of the teaching coming from the privileged strata of society my PM box is wide open and I'll invite you to a dialogue, just not on this thread.