Towtrucks and Stolen Cars

AlphaBatal

Tighten the rules around car theft with towtrucks. Make it a theft you have to report about or something, it's a bit tiring to have crappy roleplayers roll by Legion square in their towtruck, copy-paste an emote and lift off with your car scriptwise. What's the point of the whole lockpicking/hotwiring system if they'll just relocate the vehicle in an area nobody roleplays in and then hit their head against it to lockpick it, /vp their towtruck and head for the chop? That or just abuse the few seconds it takes for their character to walk towards the car to quick-fire through the garage menu and chop it without even busting it open? Make people roleplay the circumstances of the theft, leave details for CCTVs and think realistically, instead of rolling around town looking for a car left unsupervised for twenty seconds to quickfire an emote on and dart out of /antitheft range with. As it stands, it doesn't matter what antitheft shit you fit to a Kawaii or a Rebla (since both yield plenty of parts when chopped), since the person stealing it will look for the least interaction or roleplay possible as to ease their script grind and minimize their risk.

• Upvote 2

Without saying too much, there are already elements in place to alert staff to such behavior. But I agree, this issue is frustrating. 

I believe others have suggested a per character cool down on chops to prevent uh... I don't know what to call them. Lumberjacks?  From chopping everything in sight. 

Yeah. In full agreement with this. I don't really mind it if you steal my car but /please/ do it properly. Would an average person pull up to some random parked C Class by Pershing Square, attach it to their towtruck n then gun it (and in some cases drive like an absolute madman) towards the county? Unlikely. Now, would ten-fifteen people who are completely unrelated to each other do it every few days?

Not to mention that from what I've heard the whole chopping process is, in most cases, terribly RP'd, rushed and unrealistic. If you want to go out and steal other players' cars, sure go ahead, but please make the process realistic and try to make it fun n fair for yourself, others and possibly cops n the owner of the vehicle you just yoinked.

Edited by Brian
14 minutes ago, Doosty said:

Without saying too much, there are already elements in place to alert staff to such behavior. But I agree, this issue is frustrating. 

I believe others have suggested a per character cool down on chops to prevent uh... I don't know what to call them. Lumberjacks?  From chopping everything in sight. 

It is even more frustrating when you see it happen, but you can not see name due to the distance that you need to stand next to the damn tow truck to see their name!

In my opinion, if a house break in is overseen by an admin so does vehicle theft(lock pick, hotwire and towing a car for theft purposes)

Moreover having upgrades on Locks, Alarm, Antitheft do not help this issue, irl a car with an alarm would trigger when towed unless disabled.

To be frank with you. In my entire time on the server I've seen and responded to a car alarm a total of once. Perhaps those could use a tuning too in this regard. If the alarm is blaring on the towed vehicle, it's much more suspicious and able to be handled ICly by police versus involving an admin. 

Just now, Doosty said:

To be frank with you. In my entire time on the server I've seen and responded to a car alarm a total of once. Perhaps those could use a tuning too in this regard. If the alarm is blaring on the towed vehicle, it's much more suspicious and able to be handled ICly by police versus involving an admin. 

Yis, because severe movement as towing will definitely trigger it.

• mj2002 locked this topic