This needs to be addressed badly.

Engelbert

I role-play what I can currently see. If there is no-one around, I'll speed. If you're on a street by yourself, you might get robbed.

I'm not gonna role-play people watching me or cars being on the street when they aren't actually there. There is a fine line between realism and fun.

Just now, Declan said:

Los Santos is a city consisting of 600 people ? 

my biggest pet peeve is people driving on the promenade at Vespucci. But yeah you should drive like you would drive through a city irl. Los Santos is a thriving metropolitan city. Treat it like one.

Have to agree with this. I think people just generally--- let it slip off their mind that our City would have thousands and thousands of people driving daily... and for some reason, use that as an excuse to break traffic laws.. "Oh no ones on the roads though!?" --- well.. yeah.. sorry that the Development Team decided not to spam our game with 100's of NPC's.. but heres your citation!

Edited by Pillsbury
3 minutes ago, Pillsbury said:

Have to agree with this. I think people just generally--- let it slip off their mind that our City would have thousands and thousands of people driving daily... and for some reason, use that as an excuse to break traffic laws.. "Oh no ones on the roads though!?" --- well.. yeah.. sorry that the Development Team decided not to spam our game with 100's of NPC's.. but heres your citation!

Yes well NPCs are the biggest issue here as it would give the city THAT vibe. But we need to understand that Rockstar servers do not host 600 people in a single session with all those NPCs , simply cause it's a great pressure on the server as well player computers. Which is the reason why we are in a city with only 600 players, at best. Cause regular player count I noticed so far is around 420-500 at peak and 125-200 in the morning when I usually play. But honestly I might as well just play Minecraft if I want a city or a town with no life.

Edited by Engelbert
Just now, Engelbert said:

Yes well NPCs are the biggest issue here as it would give the city THAT vibe. But we need to understand that Rockstar servers do not host 600 people in a single session with all those NPCs , simply cause it's a great pressure on the server as well player computers. Which is the reason why we are in a city with only 600 at best players. Cause regular player count I noticed so far is around 420-500 at peak and 125-200 in the morning when I usually play. But honestly I might as well just play Minecraft if I want a city or a town with no life.

I honestly feel ya! Sometimes I'm on super late and i'm like "okay im in a ghost city" -- its a particular situation thats one of those middle ground ones. I wish we were able to have a constant flow of like 1000 players, that would give the vibe that we would all need, especially when it comes to traffic ?

1 minute ago, Pillsbury said:

I honestly feel ya! Sometimes I'm on super late and i'm like "okay im in a ghost city" -- its a particular situation thats one of those middle ground ones. I wish we were able to have a constant flow of like 1000 players, that would give the vibe that we would all need, especially when it comes to traffic ?

I don't actually mind people playing with what they have, sadly that's all we can do. But it can be better you know. I stop at red lights and speed through when I see green, cause that's normal. Another thing I noticed is that people simply don't know how to drive in line. I usually maintain the 2 meters distance cause that's where you can break if the guy in front of you suddenly stops. These are but details, that can be tended to if people wanted. Problem is they do want to. They usually wave the realism flag around only when they pulled the short straw. Its all about detail in the end, anything can be made more enjoyable, or more realistic or more immersive even in a ghost town, if people wanted to.

Edited by Engelbert
Just now, Engelbert said:

I don't actually mind people playing with what they have, sadly that's all we can do. But it can be better you know. I stop at red lights and speed through when I see green, cause that's normal. Another thing I noticed is that people simply don't know how to drive in line. I usually maintain the 2 meters distance cause that's where you can break if the guy in front of you suddenly stops. These are but details, that can be tended if people wanted. Problem is they do want to. They usually wave the realism flag around only when they pulled the short straw. Its all about detail in the end, anything can be made more enjoyable, or more realistic or more immersive even in a ghost town, if people wanted to.

What I highlighted is the perfect example.. its really all up to the player for the small details that they want to include. I'm honestly baffled sometimes by peoples driving (as I'm an LEO in-game), and wonder, if they have ever drove a car in real life.. Sometimes I imagine it's people who have never drove and thinks it's easy to get up to 120 miles per hour, and control the car at 120.. But as you said, it's all about the detail. I like how you included the 2 meter distance, that's something that is SUPER REALISTIC (unless your a jerk that rides your butt), and not a lot of people understand that.

31 minutes ago, Pillsbury said:

What I highlighted is the perfect example.. its really all up to the player for the small details that they want to include. I'm honestly baffled sometimes by peoples driving (as I'm an LEO in-game), and wonder, if they have ever drove a car in real life.. Sometimes I imagine it's people who have never drove and thinks it's easy to get up to 120 miles per hour, and control the car at 120.. But as you said, it's all about the detail. I like how you included the 2 meter distance, that's something that is SUPER REALISTIC (unless your a jerk that rides your butt), and not a lot of people understand that.

Cars are easy to drive in gta v and it's simply how they behave, I think it'd be extremely strange to rp a car handling differently than it does in the game. Of course real cars handle differently and don't have anywhere near the levels of grip gta v ones do. This is also why the speed limit in the city is 60 mph, because the cars simply behave different. That's not realistic in any way by real life standards, but in the gta universe it is since cars have obscene grip, 120 mph in gta v is not the same as 120 mph irl. 

Now there's actually a very easy but time consuming fix to retarded driving, and people who can't handle their car properly would quickly stop driving stupidly after crashing on every corner - setting up a team of people who'd work on the handling of all the cars on the server to make them somewhat more realistic to drive (more weight, more bodyroll, more power to keep wheels spinning when losing traction but more wheelspin as well etc.). 

People will drive retardedly no matter what rules you set up because it's just so easy to do so. If the cars themselves were challenging to drive the majority would be probably terrified to go 120 in the city.

Edited by Shiro
10 minutes ago, Shiro said:

Cars are easy to drive in gta v and it's simply how they behave, I think it'd be extremely strange to rp a car handling differently than it does in the game. Of course real cars handle differently and don't have anywhere near the levels of grip gta v ones do. This is also why the speed limit in the city is 60 mph, because the cars simply behave different. That's not realistic in any way by real life standards, but in the gta universe it is since cars have obscene grip, 120 mph in gta v is not the same as 120 mph irl. 

Now there's actually a very easy but time consuming fix to retarded driving, and people who can't handle their car properly would quickly stop driving stupidly after crashing on every corner - setting up a team of people who'd work on the handling of all the cars on the server to make them somewhat more realistic to drive (more weight, more bodyroll, more power to keep wheels spinning when losing traction but more wheelspin as well etc.). 

I agree with everything you are saying, but it's the fact that people do 120 miles per hour through the City and claim its for no literal reason.. besides the fact of having "oh its a clear road though, no ones on the road!" - It's about immersion in my opinion. I am one to know car's in this game don't handle like in real life (I use to mod for the game, develop on FiveM and such), but just because those physics are different, shouldn't give a player the excuse to drive like a maniac on the road, or in fact, drive like they are some professional sports car driver, because they know how to handle a car in a video game, rather, then having a character learn a vehicle and it's limits..

Ill give an example: My (now crushed) 99 Durango, had a steering retention problem, and as-well, the steering shaft was basically broken, meaning, when I turned? I had no power steering.. I had to literally jam that wheel so far right to make that car turn.. the alignment was so far off, I let go for one second, and I would be in the far right lane.. I had to learn my car, and learn how to make it drive like a SAFE car on the road... which, overtime, I was able to master in a sense. However, in-game, that doesn't mean I am now going to buy an Elegy, and since I know the space-bar gives me access to drift, now I'm going to go drift. I'm not saying people should drive 100% like real life, obviously there will be breaks in the game, and limitations--- but from what I see personally, most of the people I pull over or have a daily encounter with, literally have no care in the world for an IC perspective of driving.. and only care what their OOC intentions are.. that being "I wanna have fun with my drift car why does bad mister po-po stop me" --- on top of that, most people I have also encountered with, don't even RP the fact of knowing the limits to their own vehicle.. As I said, people buy a car, jump in it, and act like their has never been a simple problem, and immediately jump to the fact of knowing how to handle the vehicle like a professional. 

tldr: just because you can drive 120 in the game, or at super fast speeds, because the game physics let's us, doesn't mean you should abuse that in a city full of thousands realistically, or a state full of thousands of drivers

edit: 

10 minutes ago, Shiro said:

People will drive retardedly no matter what rules you set up because it's just so easy to do so. If the cars themselves were challenging to drive the majority would be probably terrified to go 120 in the city.

Just saw this.. and it's mainly what I'm going for. I just personally think, even without the extra support of modding the cars to kinda 'dumb them down' - players should already take some of these into account. 

Edited by Pillsbury