This needs to be addressed badly.

Engelbert

So...let's begin. 

As I seen on another PD this and PD that thread. Let us address few things, that kinda stand out.

Highways are never empty. They are packed in real life and would be also in the game if we had NPCs, we don't have NPCs cause they take up player slots.

But they are not empty. Then traffic lights are synced yes it's not an excuse anymore. If I have green I go, if you have red you stay put. And this sadly happens everytime. I always stop at lights and wait for the go. But in general the traffic on the server is quite sad. Also remember people you are not roleplaying in empty world, but rather one of busiest cities in US. Take that into consideration, that normally the beach is packed, normally the highways are packed. Normally every PD station is active, even that on the pier. Yes on the server it is not as it should be cause limitations. But just because your character doesn't die if you don't eat for a month, does that mean you shouldn't buy food? You don't have to, but in that case it's not realistic.

Edited by Engelbert

No. Please stop. We have to lock one of these PD bad threads five times a day. It's IC, your in character actions will have in character consequences. If you want to change how things are handled IC I'd look at getting precedent set legally IC or making an IC petition. Metagaming to change something in character is just frustrating and won't happen. 

Just now, Sush said:

No. Please stop. We have to lock one of these PD bad threads five times a day. It's IC, your in character actions will have in character consequences. If you want to change how things are handled IC I'd look at getting precedent set legally IC or making an IC petition. Metagaming to change something in character is just frustrating and won't happen. 

It isnt IC if people simply disregard the fact that they are being unrealistic with nearly every action they do IG. How is that IC?

It's not metagaming though? It's addressing a serious issue. People need to pay more attention to their driving. Honestly I'm not sure could I go and mimic my somewhat daily routine in game, driving/walking around without getting rammed by an Elegy Retro going 110mp/h through legion square. Not an issue confined to just GTA:W but people should /really/ pay more attention to their driving and drive realistically.

Edited by Brian
Just now, Brian said:

It's not metagaming though? It's addressing a serious issue. People need to pay more attention to their driving. Honestly I'm not sure could I go and mimic my somewhat daily routine in game, driving/walking around without getting rammed by an Elegy Retro going 110mp/h through legion square. Not an issue confined to just GTA:W but people should /really/ pay more attention to their driving and drive realistically.

Exactly my point here. I cannot count how many times I was swiped away but a sportscar or any car just speeding through "Empty" intersection. Yes it is empty cause of game's limitations, but normally it wouldn't be. That's what I am saying.

There's already a dedicated team of people in the LSPD doing their best to try and tackle it. But there's more people out there with elegy's than they can handle. There is nothing that the faction has that can even get close to an elegy, exception being the interceptors, but even those aren't ideal cause 9/10 people stay in downtown LS to try & duke people out.

I tried approaching it from a purely IC perspective, and ask for much harsher penalties imposed on people that go that route. But the current penal code "only" lets people get their license suspended for 7 days at the max if they run from me, and a 7 day impound of the car they used to evade me with. Both of which are meaningless, as those types of people don't care if their license is valid or not. And they got enough $$$ to afford a backup car for their backup car. 

That only leaves jailtime, which is 1 day in jail. So most are back out, ready for round 2 the very next day. 

You're essentially trying to mop a floor whilst the tap is running.

I saw 2 guys get banned because people actually go as far as to leave their fully maxed out elegy, acquired on their main account. Leave it in a parking lot. Log out, log onto their alt. And evade police with -ZERO- regard for their own safety. Blowing through downtown in excess of 140 miles an hour.

Had a guy evade for 15 minutes, run his sportscar down the mountain, crawl out. And run on foot for 20 minutes down the zancudo river. Gets nailed again, and instantly rp's having cardiac arrest to attempt to CK.

All this in one night.

Edited by Kenshi Haroku

I think you guys are missing the OP's idea. He's advocating for players to make the conscious realization that they don't RP in a quasi Los Santos with a population of how many players are online, and put that into one's driving (i.e. senseless speeding and borderline non-RP driving). 

This isn't aimed at PD, SD or anything. It's aimed at this plague of players who go around like it really is a Fast Furious sequel. You can take it IC all you want but it's not in game law enforcement's job to police the server and go after players who legitimately take it out of any proportion of realism and hold no regard to what's around them. If cop role-players start going after these guys instead of making the conscious realization that it's about role-play, not entertaining provocateurs and bad role-play, it only lowers the bar and enables them. I don't know what other factions do but the Sheriff's Department employs tactics such as terminating pursuits under the guise of public safety concerns (it's too dangerous to pursue whoever you're pursuing any longer), and retort to other apprehension methods. Most players who get in this spot are often reported and dealt with. 

On an administrative basis, you can't enforce a standard like this systematically. It has to be on a case by case basis. This means report what you see. Commonly, players like the ones described are usually in groups. RP Quality/old Player Management used to be all over this in the past and I'm certain they still are, but it takes the broader community to show the administration where to look. 

Edited by liq
  • Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1