Modding Epic Games Store version?

fierre

Ayy
I've been playing on RageMP since a few weeks by now, tried several ways to mod my game but none of them actually worked. I saw some people commentin bout Epic Games Store version works fine w mods.
Last time I tried to mod my game w archive fix RageMP crashed on the launching screen n got the message "Verify your game data" so I did but after that my mods went ghost mode, there were no archive fixed rpfs, of course they didn't show up IG neither.

Is there anyone who has the EGS version and willing to help me find out a working solution for my problem?

Edited by fierre

Some modifications could cause these issues indeed, but often the issue lays in the way you archivefix your game, ensure that you backtrack the RPF's you've edited, and ensure that you always archivefix the RPF's inside of a RPF first.

For example.

Clothes.RPF is the main RPF, you enter but there's a secondary .RPF you have to enter inside of the main RPF, ensure that you first patch the second .RPF before moving to the main one.

Also ensure that your auto updates for GTA V on Epic Games is stopped. Simply click on the dree dots below the game in the Epic Launcher, and turn the slider off on the auto update.

Edited by Sterren
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/2/2020 at 7:01 AM, Sterren said:

Some modifications could cause these issues indeed, but often the issue lays in the way you archivefix your game, ensure that you backtrack the RPF's you've edited, and ensure that you always archivefix the RPF's inside of a RPF first.

For example.

Clothes.RPF is the main RPF, you enter but there's a secondary .RPF you have to enter inside of the main RPF, ensure that you first patch the second .RPF before moving to the main one.

Also ensure that your auto updates for GTA V on Epic Games is stopped. Simply click on the dree dots below the game in the Epic Launcher, and turn the slider off on the auto update.

Hi, I'm trying to download some clientside clothing mods and it's just not generally working for me, it's just all the same when I go back into game. 

Just now, Marksman said:

Well there's your problem, you're trying to use clientside clothing.

What's the point?

I've seen a lot of people on different RageMP servers as well as GtaW run it fine, it adds to some better immersion and quality of life. People say it works fine on epicgames version just putting it in dlcpacks under the server name, but I never tried turning off auto update. What does turning off auto update do?

Just now, Alex G. said:

I've seen a lot of people on different RageMP servers as well as GtaW run it fine, it adds to some better immersion and quality of life. People say it works fine on epicgames version just putting it in dlcpacks under the server name, but I never tried turning off auto update. What does turning off auto update do?

The point is, clientside clothing is absolutely pointless. Only you can see it, and unless you're really, really, really careful and you know what you're doing, it will interfere with those that dont use clothing mods and generally look terrible.

Turning off auto update does exactly what it says on the tin.

• Woona locked this topic