Limiting suggestions

Guest Ingram

I understand this is a bit tough abd there are a lot of open minded people around who has creative and useful stuff to offer, but I think overloading with suggestions is a bad idea, devs don't have that much time to spend when everyday there's a new suggestion, eventually it will gain to hundreds, like experienced in other servers. I suggest to close the suggestions board until all the forwarded suggestions are concluded and re-open it. And repeat.

Edited by Ingram
1 hour ago, Orcaninja said:

Devs are perfectly capable of deciding how they prioritize the suggestions. Forwarding doesn't necessarily mean it's coming soon. 

I concur. I'd much rather have some more precise way of sorting suggestions, such as a scale of priority.

• Developer

I am agreeing but also disagreeing. We have a lot of suggestions and bugs, I myself prioritize bugs over suggestions, as you may have noticed, most bugs are gone and I brought down the bugs from 2 pages to a half page.

I know we as dev's can choose what to implement and what we put on hold but it is also hard to go through 6-7 pages of suggestions, read em all, see if we understand the suggestion and then script it.

But since we are a community friendly server we do not want to silence you with your suggestions, but perhaps we have to make a rule about how you suggest a suggestion, for example: not just 2 lines of what you think, but HOW it should work and why it should be added so it is easier for us to prioritize things.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
On 1/12/2017 at 4:10 PM, St3fan[NL] said:

I am agreeing but also disagreeing. We have a lot of suggestions and bugs, I myself prioritize bugs over suggestions, as you may have noticed, most bugs are gone and I brought down the bugs from 2 pages to a half page.

I know we as dev's can choose what to implement and what we put on hold but it is also hard to go through 6-7 pages of suggestions, read em all, see if we understand the suggestion and then script it.

But since we are a community friendly server we do not want to silence you with your suggestions, but perhaps we have to make a rule about how you suggest a suggestion, for example: not just 2 lines of what you think, but HOW it should work and why it should be added so it is easier for us to prioritize things.

I can back this one up. Limiting suggestions is not the right way to go if ya ask me, however as st3fan mentioned, making stricter guidelines on how to post a suggestion makes more sense, and doesn't do any harm. Perhaps it could even make the developers' lives easier.

I do not support this at all. Considering that alot of other communities where they let people do suggestion tend to work better then a community where the admins / testers / founders only got the saying. Everyone want a saying since they are using so much of their free time in the game.

• Kiddo locked this topic