Hearts of Iron 4

Mosher

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played Canada and led an amphibious invasion of Spain (which had fallen to the fascists after its civil war) through the Bay of Biscay on the northwest coast and Gibraltar on the southern coast, at the same time. The northern invasion quickly pushed for and took Madrid before joining with the southern front, after which they headed to the Spanish-French border and held there to prepare for France’s liberation. 

I had at least a dozen allied countries involved in both invasions.  

While preparing for the liberation of France, I joined American and British forces in their invasion of Sicily (made possible because we controlled Gibraltar). They eventually advanced through Italy — with help from Australia, NZ, South Africa, the British Raj (India), Republic of Ireland (Ireland), France, Greece, Romania, Czechoslovakia, Poland, the USSR, Republic of China (Taiwan), Iceland, Norway, Sweden and Denmark — from the south and, not long after, Italy capitulated.  When those forces made it to the Italian-French border, Switzerland joined the allies — needless to say, I had historical IA turned off! — and then the liberation of France began with two simultaneous invasions from the Spanish-French border and Italian-French border. France was soon liberated; followed by Belgium and Holland; and then Germany was surrounded with USSR on the eastern side and everyone else on the Western side. 

It may have been many years ago, but what a memorable game it was.

(I also invaded fascist Venezuela as Canada. Please don’t PLM me for poor portrayal! ?)

Edited by Midsummer Night's Dream

I'm not crazy for the new DLC La Resistance. Portugal, Spain and France's focus trees are pretty good but I don't like the aspect of a resistance network that I have to micromanage, and at most times I find it completely useless in MP games. I feel like Paradox could've redone Italy's and Russia's focus tree as well, don't buy it for full price, wait for it to go on sale. I made the mistake of preordering it after hearing rumors of a new Russia focus tree that wasn't announced and would pretty much be a surprise new feature in the DLC.

On 3/15/2020 at 1:42 AM, homer said:

I'm not crazy for the new DLC La Resistance. Portugal, Spain and France's focus trees are pretty good but I don't like the aspect of a resistance network that I have to micromanage, and at most times I find it completely useless in MP games. I feel like Paradox could've redone Italy's and Russia's focus tree as well, don't buy it for full price, wait for it to go on sale. I made the mistake of preordering it after hearing rumors of a new Russia focus tree that wasn't announced and would pretty much be a surprise new feature in the DLC.

then don't invade, imperialist scum.

• 2 weeks later...