Adding some of Rule 18's points into a new rule for general RP

Craazy

On 8/26/2020 at 4:24 AM, Anselmi said:

It's a case of being courteous to your fellow player. Small amount of drugs on them and they're adamant that they stashed it somewhere? It's not going to kill you to give them benefit of the doubt. Walking around with obscene amounts of illegal goods on you is another story though.

This is honestly all there is to it.

As someone who's been on both sides of LEO RP (the arrestee and the arrester) for almost a decade, one way to make me instantly respect a cop's RP ability is if he's cool with coming out of a situation as the loser. My first experience being arrested on this server was actually super positive. The cops didn't strip-search me until I got to the station, and whether that's a mistake or just protocol, I took advantage of it and was able to hide, and eventually dispose of a tiny baggie of cocaine I had on me. They witnessed the /me's, etc. OOCly, but just went with it IC'ly. I was super impressed.

It all comes down to being courteous, just as Anselmi says. There's another person on the other side of the screen and they enjoy playing just as much as you do; cut them a break every once in a while, and take them at their word. It's not like you lose anything if they're lying to you, anyways.

• mj2002 locked this topic