Admin interference during active RP situations

bonk

22 hours ago, HaveADream said:

The truth is, as Lambchops said, reports stack up and there may only be one or two admins dealing with reports at any given time, there are things that usually happen prior to stopping RP that isn't immediately obvious (such as speccing and so on, in that exact situation I specced and on my screen he was ramming the pursuing vehicles and didn't respond to a PM), but ultimately, as disappointing as it is to stop RP and bring people out of immersion and, believe me when I say it's the last thing admins want to do as it has a tendency to drag out a situation, sometimes it is the path of least resistance.

I do agree with the premise that admin intervention should be limited in reports and be done privately where possible as to not intrude on RP, but I don't think it's a problem as easily solved as that.

That's not the point of the suggestion, the point is so that there is an internal rule/understanding between admins that if a player has not been reported and they're doing something minor that an admin should not interfere unless it is under extreme circumstances, if they just need to speak to the person a private message should be sent instead of pausing a whole rp situation.

• mj2002 locked this topic