Allow competing lease requests

This was relevant for me a month ago, but not any more, so now I feel unburdened to make this suggestion.

Please allow for competing lease requests to be submitted.

As I understand it, available lease properties are listed as available in UCP until the first person makes a request for this. If this understanding is incorrect, then please lock this thread. However, I am moderately confident that this is the case. I think this is not a good way to take in lease requests, because it introduces a factor of randomness when it comes to being able and allowed to submit a lease request for a specific property.

An example of a situation why this is important;

A specific leased property used to be the center of a small community of players (10-40 characters). The lease owner decided to stop playing GTAW, which is fair. Upon the owner cancelling this leased property, a group of unrelated and new characters were able to submit a lease request for this property just at the right time, and effectively OOCly forced out all those who were involved, by having their characters take over the property. Because this request was filed at the right time (no one had seen the property up for lease despite checking multiple times per day, for about 1-2 weeks straight) there was no opportunity to file a competing request for this property, and therefor no possibility to apply, despite the possibility that the request might have been of better quality, or make more sense in the story lines of many characters.

Now, let is be clear, I do not care about the specific incident described above. But I do think it is not right to apply a first come, first serve system to leased properties. It would be better for characters and players to be able to file requests (for let's say one or two days after the first application is submitted), and have PM review and evaluate each of them in order to see which request has the best motivations and quality behind it. In majority of lease requests, this ought not to play any role. However, in the case where there is interest by more characters or groups, at least giving them an opportunity to submit their request should be fair. If anything, a leased property wouldn't need to be available for more than a day or two after the first application is submitted to it, but having it disappear instantly is not a very user friendly experience.

I actually agree with this, people shouldn't be given lease based on timing of making their lease request, however, I can also see why it was put like that. If PM is to let multiple people apply for same building, it would more or less create a pitch auction-esque system where they will have to spend a lot of time reviewing a bunch of applications for a single lease, however, system does need to change.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

It's intentional that other people can't apply for the lease when someone already applied, like a first come first serve basis. That's how it was requested back in the day but I'm happy to change it if you'd like @Bombie

Yes please 

Edited by Bombie