Drug and alcohol effects.

Graham

So first of all, as many others have pointed out before, there is no incentive for drug use; there is a forwarded suggestion that proposes an effect, which is increased HP. I would also propose other things to add to that so it feels more immersive and adds some RP.

• A character could have a value: OnDrugs: Y/N; Every time you take a drug, or even drink alcohol, the value goes Y and a timer starts (depending on the drug this timer is long or short), when timer is over it goes N. LSPD/LSFD can have a command /drugtest [target] to do their thing.
  • Visual Effects: Each drug could have a different Effect (as the ones provided in Director mode, an example would be the one that you get in SP when you do pot).
  • Addiction: A hidden value, each drug has a value X, that value adds to the character's stats, when it reaches a point, you become addicted and each hour you lose a % of HP. LSFD could have an expensive rehab service. Maybe a timer could be set to this value on the character side; each hour it would decrease slowly if no drugs are taken if you are not yet addicted.

Sorry for the low effort suggestion, but I have to run and I accidentally posted it already!

Edited by Graham

I like the "OnDrugs" idea, especially for alcohol. But it would also require  alcohol to become a scripwise item. (bars and club and such) 
VisualEffect are already in the game

Addiction: No, it's just annoying on every server that had it, never worked. Drugs need to have positive effects and not negative, otherwise no one will use them.  

Visual Effects need to be removed. No to addiction, it creates less of a want and more of an annoyance for players. The timer can be just roleplayed by players. I don't really see a point in making it script. I don't want to be babied by a server's script as well.

I do think that visual effects should be enabled. So if you are really wasted your screen would shake and you'd wobble from side to side. Stuff like that. I also think that a parameter signaling if someone is high or not could be a great addition.

Addiction? Absolutely not.

I see the point on the addiction thingy, I don't have much experience in GTA RP, so I guess you're right; about the effects, I'm sure that it wouldn't be that annoying to have a few screen effects that aren't super harsh on screen and it's also incremental on strength. So:

• OnDrugs: Y/N. Every time you take a drug, or even drink alcohol, the value goes Y and a timer starts (depending on the drug this timer is long or short), when timer is over it goes N. LSPD/LSFD can have a command /drugtest [target] to do their thing.
  • A value on your char, when you take over X amount of drugs start to increase the intensity of a visual effect (like in SP), it should last for a few minutes.
Edited by Graham
On 11/28/2017 at 6:03 PM, Portz said:

Screen effects are annoying. If you want screen effects, it should only be in effect when you're in 1st person mode.

On 11/28/2017 at 9:15 PM, Roller said:

Yeah, enable it on first person, not the third person.

I do kinda like the idea right here, it may get a bit too carried away and there's still the option in FIRST PERSON if you do want that so called theme whilst Roleplaying. 

Edited by Christofo
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm on the fence here as I've seen people take drugs as way too much of a script mechanic when they were a script mechanic - going as far as trying to have the script changed so they could continue to exploit them for full benefit without roleplaying the effects.

Sure, that's an OOC problem but it could be avoided by not incentivizing drug use for script bonuses.

If this does get moved forward, there should be a 'fall off' of sorts when the drug expires, much like the end of a coffee high. And anything that pushes you past carry weight should then prevent you from running if 'overburdened'.

I like the idea of being able to check for drugs - while I trust most people oocly not to lie about it, having that ability to check requires less hassle between reports and admin intervention to determine if someone's lying. I've already seen it happen. I'm also indifferent about addiction except for the fact that if script benefits are added significant use should result in some form of addiction (such as reducing the effectiveness, but not requiring the user to keep taking them).

• Stefan locked this topic