Unrealistic Portrayal / Owning Houses in Poor Areas

aldo

1 hour ago, Brian said:

Personally, I don't see a reason why you'd live in the ghetto if you can afford a different suit every day and an expensive car. In agreement with the suggestion.

Now, in this case, how about The South-Central Network? It's a Black-based criminal organization situated in South-Central. You'll have higher ranking members driving fairly decent vehicles with suits, on occasions. Reason? They regulate the region and are protected by the local sets. Hence, it's more secure for them to reside in those regions.

Edited by DLimit
10 minutes ago, DLimit said:

I've been advertising renting a property in Rancho and in Roy Lowenstein for two entire weeks. I've witnessed people renting out apartments in Forum and Jamestown, as-well. You're not searching well enough.

if you're doing it via /ad, then that's not really a good way to do it. what about the motel system? I've rented a room and two other of my friends are also renting it

3 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Now, in this case, how about The South-Central Network? It's a Black-based criminal organization situated in South-Central. You'll have higher ranking members driving fairly decent vehicles with suits, on occasions. Reason? They regulate the region and are protected by the local sets. Hence, it's more secure for them to reside in those regions.

It's actually more secure for them to reside in the city/downtown.

6 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Now, in this case, how about The South-Central Network? It's a Black-based criminal organization situated in Davis. You'll have higher ranking members driving fairly decent vehicles with suits, on occasions. 

On occasion, with a reason. I worded my original reply poorly but I was referring to random mid-upper scale or wealthy characters that have no connections to any of the gangs or other organizations/factions in the ghetto.

Members of various gangs, DTOs or whatnot that base themselves out of let's say Davis that have an IC reason and whose development led to that, sure. What I wanted to say is - Why would someone who has more than enough money to buy a nice house elsewhere and drive a fancy car, and has no relations to any of the organizations operating there live there? Why would an investor, a doctor, a high ranking member of any LEA live in the ghetto?

Edited by Brian
  • Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, DLimit said:

You don't "/rent" places through the map, any more. You rent places through landlords. I suggest reading up on the new /rent system.

Not a new system for me i was speaking about the time when it was a thing, still no ads about people renting in these areas most of them just flip the houses for a quick buck

4 minutes ago, aldo said:

It's actually more secure for them to reside in the city/downtown.

It isn't... as they work above these sets and regulate South-Central, being already born and raised in the ghetto. They are protected by the black sets. Hence, it's secure to reside with the sets that they work with. That's identical to telling La Eme to reside in downtown. They'll be targeted by Italian and Russian mobs more easily if they resided in downtown.

Edited by DLimit
9 hours ago, aldo said:

Where are these real estate agencies that some of you keep talking about? Seen nothing about houses on roy lowenstein (the eastern part).

I've already advertised it and rented them out to two people, with their names, phone numbers, and contract agreements known as "Tenant Agreement". They're posted in a combination of the "Properties" section of the forums and the ads in-game.

I feel like an interior activity time limit, where you would need to revisit that interior before the timer goes down, would be a good idea, unless people don't agree with that.

If you live somewhere permanently such as a low-income neighbourhood where you usually kick it with the homies or generally do your roleplay there other than in extraneous events outside of that neighbourhood then you'd return there regularly. No reason to own a home you pay for and not use ever.

Definitely would reinvent that poverty-cycle vibe and spread around the roleplay to these areas that can't be used because of properties that are essentially being hoarded. Reporting those that break the rules is absolutely fine but there would be well too many of them to address and I'm not sure players, staff included, would want to deal with that.

Edited by gunman
10 hours ago, gunman said:

I feel like an interior activity time limit, where you would need to revisit that interior before the timer goes down, would be a good idea, unless people don't agree with that.

If you live somewhere permanently such as a low-income neighbourhood where you usually kick it with the homies or generally do your roleplay there other than in extraneous events outside of that neighbourhood then you'd return there regularly. No reason to own a home you pay for and not use ever.

Definitely would reinvent that poverty-cycle vibe and spread around the roleplay to these areas that can't be used because of properties that are essentially being hoarded. Reporting those that break the rules is absolutely fine but there would be well too many of them to address and I'm not sure players, staff included, would want to deal with that.

Well said