Unrealistic Portrayal / Owning Houses in Poor Areas

aldo

If you attempt to develop a character in a poor area most of the time there won't be any houses for you to roleplay in as they are all owned. However all of these houses are mostly owned (not all) by players that are not active or do not roleplay in that area and it doesn't even make sense for their characters to own a house in a poor area like that. 

68e9f2317fc67297857c7398d5f0ba24.jpg

Look at the contrast, 0 houses for sale in the southern area. It doesn't make sense for someone to own a house in this area yet spend all of their time up in the city spending lots of money on other things. These houses in the south should be reserved for characters that are actually attempting to properly portray a poor character. Most of these houses are only bought up by wealthy characters or new players just as a cheap place to stay. 

Because of the scarcity of houses in these areas, it's impossible to RP things in a house without having to possibly travel to a rival gang turf in order to purchase an apartment. There's also been instances of admins giving people ajails/warnings for /me'ing going to their homes and sleeping when they don't actually have a home. This is really stupid, so we're supposed to RP homeless? 

The properties need a serious look at as there are loads of factions with no houses to use as they are all owned by inactive/wealthy players instead of a resident from the actual area.

This isn't just for the south, if you look at the poor areas in blaine county, most of them are bought out by people who again have no IC reason to stay at a home like this when they clearly have lots of money to spend on cars/other things.

This is a no brainer, there's plenty of properties in the city and it makes a lot more sense for some of these wealthy(ish) characters to live up there, so why are ghetto residents forced out of their area to seek a house in a potential rival area? (Which is very dangerous to their character btw)

Edited by aldo
  • Upvote 4
  • Applaud 3
Just now, Daquan Kingston said:

They should just put up some more housing properties in South LS / Sandy / Paleto. I think they would make a bigger impact that the new supercool fire truck.

Problem is, as far as I know people do not lose properties due to in-activity here, which is bad. I know of a case where a player was banned for 6 months, before ban he had an apartment, after he was unbanned the apartment still was his.

• Upvote 2
38 minutes ago, Wirbelwind said:

I don't see why properties should be reserved if they are available without you needing to go in through house requests.

Because it falls under character portrayal. My character can’t buy a business when he’s a hoodrat as it wouldn’t make sense at all. This should apply to wealthier people owning poor houses.

38 minutes ago, Daquan Kingston said:

They should just put up some more housing properties in South LS / Sandy / Paleto. I think they would make a bigger impact that the new supercool fire truck.

Most of the houses are for sale on the south though.

Yeah I agree with this shit, as someone who's in the process of starting a fac in South LS, it gets pretty irritating having to sit and wait for a house to be admin-sold, even more frustrating when you've gotta beat a bunch of mallrats who aren't even gonna roleplay there to the house.

They should start utilizing the houses and apartments on the West/North side of the city and leave South LS to those who are roleplaying poor characters. Nothing kills immersion for ghetto rpers than seeing a white dude come out of his house wearing a suit, jumping into his sports car and speeding through the ghetto.

Edited by El Ghetto Man
  • Upvote 1
Just now, El Ghetto Man said:

Yeah I agree with this shit, as someone who's in the process of starting a fac in South LS, it gets pretty irritating having to sit and wait for a hosue to be admin-sold, even more frustrating when you've gotta beat a bunch of mallrats who aren't even gonna roleplay there to the house.

They should start utilizing the houses and apartments on the West/North side of the city and leave South LS to those who are roleplaying poor characters. Nothing kills immersion for ghetto rpers than seeing a white dude come out of his house wearing a suit, jumping into his sports car and speeding through the ghetto.

Well said.