BUYING ANY BUSINESS - Enforce stricter realism on ads

We already have some rules regarding unrealistic ads by way of phrasing, in rule 17.

When advertising, ads must only use fully in-character terms. Selling cars that are "maxed out", or using similar terms such as fully upgraded or decked out, is considered to be a breach of this rule. You should describe it in a proper IC way rather than using "maxed out" to tell other players that it cannot be upgraded any further by the script. For properties, default interiors and fully mapped interiors should not be advertised differently. A singleplayer or GTA Online interior that is furnished is still considered furnished. Adding additional objects to one of those interiors or making an interior from scratch should not be the factor to determine if something is furnished or not when advertising.

However, I believe this should be enforced more strictly and most importantly, be expanded to include tougher restrictions on roleplay quality. There is a trend where people use the ad system, and to a lesser extent, the forums, to convey messages that are either entirely OOC or demonstrate exceptionally poor roleplay quality, to the extent where I wonder why these people are playing here at all.

Examples;

image.png.1053036d0b4bd28645b82f827cfc5fd2.png

image.png.359b965358f27b6d73152992d3434b82.png

image.png.00535b277c4452ecbccbc1991575253d.png

These are just some results that pop up when searching for very limited terms.

These people are straight up playing an RPG, where they only care about money. Even worse, some people put 'any house, any business, any vehicle', in a single ad. No possible IC justification can be made for looking to buy any business or any house. I don't accept the excuse that people might be running an 'investment firm' or 'rental agency', because craigslist-type ads are not the way in which you go around trying to acquire a business or house of a random nature, as a professional.

Please punish this type of unrealistic behavior. If you want to roleplay as an investor, then roleplay as an investor. If you want to roleplay as a landlord, then do so. If you want to roleplay as a car dealership, then do so. This is just farming money.

Edited by mj2002
  • Upvote 8
  • Applaud 1

Simply enforce saying when looking to buy something it has to be specific what, but I agree its really stupid with the amount of people saying buying any house, any properties, any businesses, any cars, etc. Should be further restriction to the ad rule. +1

Edited by Timzii
typo