New Player Dealership Script

mj2002

On 8/17/2020 at 12:03 PM, Vato said:

Your thread and reasons for it are quite subjective. 

I will give one simple example that I noticed . 

Saw somebody bought a Nebula from another player who advertised it here on forum for like 60k and took small period of time to place it on sale list for 80k.

So you think that this is normal? 

To make 20k profit on a car? Does that look realistic for you? 

Who the hell makes 20k profit on a car just like that? 

This had to stop and I'm glad it did. 

IRL you make a couple grands reselling vehicles, and in most cases those vehicles require a new paintjob and some repairs before you resell it. 

But not here, people buy a car and in 5 minutes sell the same car in same condition with 20k more. 

About 2 years ago I used to run the only used cars dealership on server. 

I was buying/selling/trading cars 24/7. Had 50+ cars on stock 24/7. 

I remember somedays I would just buy a car for 500$ profit on resell just to keep the sale flow and have customers happy and a a big variety of vehicles. 

And yeah, I'm happy the 5% tax exists. Should be higher if you ask me as IRL you pay taxes for your profit. 

I'm glad all this crap stopped. 

-maxed vehicle

-custom plate

-registered

-insured

Who cares about all that crap? Is not like you're doing anybody a favour that you have the car registered. IRL you got to register the car in order to drive it on roads and that doesn't change the vehicle's value,hell,vehicles value drops the next second a new vehicle get out of the showroom when purchased. 

Some people don't care about mods and in most cases they have to pay extra money to have the mods removed or replaced and respray the car. 

Saw some people trying to sell vehicles for crazy prices just because they had a custom plate. Makes no sense. 

Modding, custom plate is current owner's decision and he has to be aware that investing in a car doesn't pay back or add value unless is a vintage/rare car. 

The nebula example was probably me and its a terrible one, because nobody pays the asking price for a car. Its always negotiated in the end, but asking more at first (and this was still a reasonable price, 90k is the unregistered price and I was offering it at 10k less, if someone gives their car away car for free dealers will always use that to their advantage) gives you the upper hand in a negotiation so you can safely make a bit of money and still lower the price for the buyer. From the time I was involved in car dealing rp I made between 3-10k (while usually trying to offer decent prices for the sellers too) on most cars but I was putting a lot of time into it. Big profits happen very rarely unless you get very lucky or try to scam people 24/7, Ive seen people claim they made millions in days with car flipping which is simply bullshit because you will always be stuck with some cars for a little while, and you'd have to flip insane amounts of cars for crazy profit every day to make that much, nobody can do that because the demand isn't THAT crazy. And don't let the asking prices fool you because its just a negotiating strategy. 

Car dealing was ruined and given a shit image by a specific few people that got too greedy and expected those 40k profit deals on every single sale. Lowballing the absolute hell out of people (offering half of unregistered price etc), all because of that thread with the excel sheet which seemed a bit fake to me considering I've never seen a sane person pay 350k for a drafter (let alone selling 2 of them for that price). Nothing changed about the market though if I'm honest and people are still asking dumb prices, while some even give dumb offers all on their own. 

• Upvote 2
On 8/21/2020 at 3:20 AM, Shiro said:

The nebula example was probably me and its a terrible one, because nobody pays the asking price for a car. Its always negotiated in the end, but asking more at first (and this was still a reasonable price, 90k is the unregistered price and I was offering it at 10k less, if someone gives their car away car for free dealers will always use that to their advantage) gives you the upper hand in a negotiation so you can safely make a bit of money and still lower the price for the buyer. From the time I was involved in car dealing rp I made between 3-10k (while usually trying to offer decent prices for the sellers too) on most cars but I was putting a lot of time into it. Big profits happen very rarely unless you get very lucky or try to scam people 24/7, Ive seen people claim they made millions in days with car flipping which is simply bullshit because you will always be stuck with some cars for a little while, and you'd have to flip insane amounts of cars for crazy profit every day to make that much, nobody can do that because the demand isn't THAT crazy. And don't let the asking prices fool you because its just a negotiating strategy. 

Car dealing was ruined and given a shit image by a specific few people that got too greedy and expected those 40k profit deals on every single sale. Lowballing the absolute hell out of people (offering half of unregistered price etc), all because of that thread with the excel sheet which seemed a bit fake to me considering I've never seen a sane person pay 350k for a drafter (let alone selling 2 of them for that price). Nothing changed about the market though if I'm honest and people are still asking dumb prices, while some even give dumb offers all on their own. 

Thank you! I own Los Santos Auto group I think one of the oldest vehicles I have I bought on July 2nd. I've had some cars/bikes for weeks. I didn't deal in high end cars to begin with but its gotten to the point its not even worth it to deal in cars over 60k. Now I can't operate on as small of margins as I use to and unfortunately I have to make significantly lower offers just to make it even remotely profitable.

And its crazy how many people don't understand the concept of negotiating.

Edited by Power
  • 3 months later...
  • mj2002 locked this topic