New Player Dealership Script

mj2002

It's really non rp to sell a vehicle in a dealership that's above the price of a new car. Unless they are one of a kind, limited editions or that old and a collectors car. Never understood people selling and buying overpriced vehicles. It's ridiculous and non rp. Would you IRL buy a second hand car that costs more then a new one? I'm glad that taxes are in place, however it's only a slight margin. A business realistically pays way more then only the 5%. I think it's all well thought out at the moment. Good job on the Second Hand Dealership overhaul.

Your thread and reasons for it are quite subjective. 

I will give one simple example that I noticed . 

Saw somebody bought a Nebula from another player who advertised it here on forum for like 60k and took small period of time to place it on sale list for 80k.

So you think that this is normal? 

To make 20k profit on a car? Does that look realistic for you? 

Who the hell makes 20k profit on a car just like that? 

This had to stop and I'm glad it did. 

IRL you make a couple grands reselling vehicles, and in most cases those vehicles require a new paintjob and some repairs before you resell it. 

But not here, people buy a car and in 5 minutes sell the same car in same condition with 20k more. 

About 2 years ago I used to run the only used cars dealership on server. 

I was buying/selling/trading cars 24/7. Had 50+ cars on stock 24/7. 

I remember somedays I would just buy a car for 500$ profit on resell just to keep the sale flow and have customers happy and a a big variety of vehicles. 

And yeah, I'm happy the 5% tax exists. Should be higher if you ask me as IRL you pay taxes for your profit. 

I'm glad all this crap stopped. 

-maxed vehicle

-custom plate

-registered

-insured

Who cares about all that crap? Is not like you're doing anybody a favour that you have the car registered. IRL you got to register the car in order to drive it on roads and that doesn't change the vehicle's value,hell,vehicles value drops the next second a new vehicle get out of the showroom when purchased. 

Some people don't care about mods and in most cases they have to pay extra money to have the mods removed or replaced and respray the car. 

Saw some people trying to sell vehicles for crazy prices just because they had a custom plate. Makes no sense. 

Modding, custom plate is current owner's decision and he has to be aware that investing in a car doesn't pay back or add value unless is a vintage/rare car. 

Edited by Vato
  • Upvote 1
On 8/16/2020 at 8:37 AM, mj2002 said:

Regulating markets like this causes problems.

What problems? It stops every player from getting rich from flipping cars. I speak for a lot of people when I say, when we first joined the server we just bought cars for cheap and then re-sold them at like 40k profit, then bought a more expensive car with that, and repeated the process until we could buy a house or business.

This shouldn't be encouraged, people should make money through RP not flipping cars. I could genuinely reach 1 mil today within 12 hours if I just spent it flipping cars the whole day. Unrealistic and it's literally a get rich quick scheme that works, flipping cars (not talking about dealerships, just regular people) is without a doubt the easiest and laziest way to get money on this server. This is why I willingly deleted my first character that I flipped cars on as the money was to easy to make and unrealistic. 

If i'm being honest, i'd assume you're someone who flips cars yourself and this will negatively affect you which is why you dislike it, but limiting how much people sell their cars for encourages RP and lowers the amount of people getting rich overnight.

Edited by Shekh
  • Upvote 1

The 5 percent tax changes nothing. . All it does it force people to take less money for their cars because they know they still have to pay the tax on private sales. We are just going to do exactly what every other business does in real life when they get taxed, pass the expense onto the consumer.

Don't make the same mistake LSRP did by making rules for every sort of "injustice" just because Admins have control over situations that don't exist in real life. Guess what people flip cars in real life to on all different levels and make good money doing with. Same with houses.

Edited by Power

I ran three largely successful used dealers for over a year in my time on this server (*Sherman Autos, Inner City Autos, Vinewood Auto Mart), As a rough estimate we had bought, sold and traded over 500 vehicles. We always bought and sold cars for below unregistered price. *minus very few exceptions* It is nice to see some love given to dealership RP. I always wanted to be able to post like sings on vehicles with the price and information on them but this seems more scripty, I walked into a dealer with no cars in the lot, no employee's, but was greeted with a scripted UI with a list of the cars. Not the experience I was looking for. As for the tax, Guess I'm glad I was doing it in the wild wild west days when it was totally unregulated. Though 5% seem's reasonable? We always did provide RP though with a actual dealership experience. Cheesy salesman and all.

The big money only really came from low end car's the people would sell for near scrap price, or higher end vehicles that people were desperate for cash and we could low ball them. I think the most I ever made on a car was close to 80k on a cheetah classic that I flipped in 24 hours, The guy was desperate for the cash to buy a gorgeous house in paleto bay on the ocean In all my time running dealerships, that only happened once. But for the most part, it was like 3-6k on average profit Which I personally feel was reasonable for the effort involved, you have to obtain the vehicle, by means of trade or buying which includes a lot of RP/time in itself when done properly. How do I know how much on average we made on vehicles? We kept track on google docs. Not sure who is out here making 20k on every car they sell, or who is buying and selling cars for over retail value? And if that's the case which I dont think people are that stupid, the market will control itself, Who the hell is gonna pay over retail value for a used car? 

For the amount of time my partner and I did the whole dealership thing, and the amount of money we earned, and the effort we put In, I feel it is justified. Not a fan of all the regulation, but I understand it was out of control.  I wanted to get back into the game, and bring back the ol' dealership, but with all this new regulation I'm hesitant, Not everyone needs their hand held. *for us, it was not a get rich overnight thing. It took a long time, long nights with no sales, sitting on cars for months, Endless google spread sheet input to keep track of inventory and sales, and all the BS rp people try to pull when you take on something like that. I had one of my sales people stabbed in the lot and endless car theft attempts, and countless headaches. People act like you can just set up a dealership, and the cash flows in instantly. It takes time, and effort. At least it did for us. Hope this provides input from someone who spent probably a good 400 hours just role playing a used car dealership. 

Edited by Devastante
  • Upvote 2
  • mj2002 locked this topic