[LSNN] Lifestyle - Catalunya Bar: Jewel in the Heart of Vespucci

1379202296_Logocomplete.png.65ed9d2f6de8eabb6d3cfd6a385f96e1.png

Catalunya Bar: Jewel in the Heart of Vespucci

By Nayeli Greyfeather

Disclaimer: The author has no financial interest in the product or business being reviewed. No financial or other incentive was offered or received.

gta-world-2020-8-1-3-12-13.thumb.png.0bec25eb854e41898ad224c45e78cdc0.png

Catalunya's unique façade.

Location: The corner of Palomino Avenue and Goma Street, Vespucci Canals (just a minute from the beach).

Owners: Tracy Cortez and Daquan Kingston.

Recommended dishAlmejas a la Marinera.

Point of difference: Open air experience in the heart of Vespucci.

I have to admit a personal fondness for Catalunya.

During my first 48 hours in Los Santos I felt totally lost; quickly finding myself stalked and robbed of my cell-phone and cash. A little dazed, I eventually slept in my hire car near the beach. I only gathered the confidence to venture out again late the next day. Driving aimlessly through Vespucci, I found Catalunya by accident. I’ve since returned many times.

gta-world-2020-7-31-6-55-10.thumb.png.b76b00faefb8af2850fc3f1e4b398be4.png

Catalunya's bar and friendly staff

Walking through the doors, you are greeted by the gentle hum of voices and cool Latin music. Gorgeous burgundy and gold wallpaper adorns the walls, and as your eyes settle on an impeccably neat service counter, the equally gorgeous megawatt smile of Catalunya’s owner and manager, Tracy Cortez, will serve to gladden your day.

IMG_9250.JPG

Owner and manager of Catalunya, Tracy Cortez

Seating arrangements are perfectly matched to the décor and include tables and booths, as well as free-standing couches for those desiring a purely casual experience. Speaking of décor, Catalunya is rich with artefacts specifically chosen to showcase the cafe’s Spanish heritage.

But it’s only once you’ve ordered your food and drinks - when you turn to decide where to relax - that Catalunya reveals it’s truly unique identity. Take the elevator to the second floor and you’ll have access to a socializing experience not found anywhere else in Vespucci. An open air balcony and terrace both bask in the gentle afternoon breeze of Vespucci Beach; offering customers boundless social and romantic opportunities. In fact, at the time of review, one couple was enjoying intimate drinks on the balcony overlooking the beach.

gta-world-2020-7-31-7-4-35.thumb.png.91da4ec190d14d2388f1a4f9a5f25f85.png

Catalunya's roof terrace, Vespucci Beach is only a few minutes away

When it comes to drinks, Catalunya has an excellent selection of cocktails (sadly none of which I can drink) but I am informed that their Catalan Martini is delicious. Obviously influenced by Spanish culture, the menu contains four different seafood options along with a burger, tortilla and lamb selection. Although I am not seafood inclined, I tried the Sardinas (grilled sardines) and Almejas a la Marinera, a clam dish which surprised me with its simple clean flavor that concealed a rich but subtle undertone of smoked paprika. My dining partner chose the Chuletas de Cordero, lamb chops infused with garlic and cloves. He was pleasantly surprised with the portion size and taste.

Almejas a la marinera

Almejas a la Marinera 

But, despite the delicious food, Catalunya is also a bar and social hub at heart. With plenty of opportunities to meet and chill with friends, perhaps over a game or two on the billiard table, it offers a warm relaxing environment matched by few.

It's also a great place to enjoy the sea breeze, alcoholic or non-alcoholic drink in hand, as you reflect on your day - or even your first unfortunate 48 hours in Los Santos.    

lsnn.gta.world

NUz7QJy.jpg

FEFeYvp.png

Edited by Greyfeather
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic