Vehicle pricing and exclusion of certain vehicles

Marty

1 hour ago, Nabi said:

I understand you can roleplay it having more than the mileage written /vstats. I'm simply stating that we are limited by the server's scripts, there are a lot of things that developers can do to fix make the cars and its pricing based on real life, but it'll be too tedious(ex. Putting base mileage on classic cars etc etc.). I honestly think that the prices should still be based on how much the player would be willing to pay for it (which is how the current pricing is made). The current pricing is mostly fair in my opinion but some can be seriously dumb like Sultan Classic, cheap price for a very good car.

Perhaps a dynamic pricing? Although it'll be really hard to implement and if done wrong it'll just be plain stupid.

Putting a Sultan Classic more expensive than a modern sport car or a classic is a mistake, they are more common vehicles than the classics or modern sports cars, as a curious fact, only the vehicles that can be modified the most are the most expensive, or should I say, the JDM? Because you can get an Omnis (Audi Quattro) for 80k, and that car is rare af, and although I don't like the car, the car can be beautiful for other people, the excuse of how beautiful it is sounds more like a cheap excuse to get out of trouble, nothing more.

I don't see why the Sultan price should be increased and the Komoda maintain its price, or that the classic Coquette costs 110k, or that the modern Coquette costs the same as the Penumbra, or a Lynx that costs 220k and it's a better car, the prices are high for the reasons that all we know, not because they're more beautiful or less.

I know what is going to happen, and I'm seeing that they are going to increase Sultan price but the rest of the vehicles won't be modified, and then we return to this point, point where prices are meaningless.

It's funny how realism is requested for certain things but not for these, we arent asking for realism at 100%, we are asking that prices have a bit of common sense.

Edited by Jennie
3 hours ago, Nabi said:

People have to stop comparing the car prices to real life. Otherwise your vehicle which is based on 199X shouldn't have 0 mileage especially the ones that are phased out IRL. So whenever you buy a car in game RP it as having production model on the year 2020, although it's not a big deal RP'ing it like it's from the 90s, but then again the mileage wouldn't make any sense. And obviously the prices may or may not be fair for a particular person, but I believe it is based on how much money the players would be willing to pay for it.

The exclusion however I have to agree with the OP, it doesn't make sense. The only time it would make sense if the vehicle is unfair/unrealistic/game breaking (ie. weaponized vehicles etc.)

If people stop comparing prices to real life, then they also need to stop comparing jobs to real life. It's not fair to only concern yourself with what aligns to your idea of good roleplay. You don't get to pick and choose, it stops making sense at all and you make it even more of a retarded shit show show. Then you get people that ignore realistic vehicle prices and call a fucking Miata some expensive high performance sports car so they can justify calling the owner a mallrat when it's in reality some cheap ass shitbox in real life that you can get from anywhere from 500 to 5000 dollars lmao.

Everything should be compared to real life, but for a base point, not relied on but rather used as an idea on how pricing should be relative. We judge everyone in every job based off of what the real life counterpart of said job would be making/be able to afford, so why don't we do that with everything else? It makes 0 sense and completely fucks the legitimacy of that. If we're throwing it to the wind, then we should also base the ingame jobs and their salaries/income solely off of what they make ingame. Cops are now millionaires after some time, mechanics, everyone if they save. Now it makes sense to have any car you want because since we're not basing things off of realism. That means all the money I make ig is ic and I now have enough to buy whatever I want and you can't say shit about it.

Realism is necessary. Not to rely on it as law, but it's needed. With everything, not just what someone picks and chooses and tosses the rest under. Whether people like it or not, cars are a big part of roleplay for a lot of people (no, not just mallrats) and throwing realism and rp standard out of the window with cars is not the move. That suggestion is ass. You don't RP a 90s car is some 2020 car just because it has 0 miles. Majority of people completely ignore the miles unless they're RPing a nicer find that they paid more for that has low mileage. Almost everyone I know in the car scene very rarely RPs that 0 miles means their car is pristine brand new from the dealer. What's more commonly RPed is that it's some old heap of shit shitbox that they're working on and maintaining and the miles are ignored because it doesn't line up with their RP for it to have 0.

47 minutes ago, Jennie said:

Putting a Sultan Classic more expensive than a modern sport car or a classic is a mistake, they are more common vehicles than the classics or modern sports cars, as a curious fact, only the vehicles that can be modified the most are the most expensive, or should I say, the JDM? Because you can get an Omnis (Audi Quattro) for 80k, and that car is rare af, I don't see why the Sultan price should be increased and the Komoda maintain its price, or that the classic Coquette costs 110k, or that the modern Coquette costs the same as the Penumbra, or a Lynx that costs 220k and it's a better car, the prices are high for the reasons that all we know, not because they're more beautiful or less.

I know what is going to happen, and I'm seeing that they are going to increase Sultan price but the rest of the vehicles won't be modified, and then we return to this point, point where prices are meaningless.

My argument doesn't make sense simply because you only factor the prices of the cars based on rarity in real life or what generation it was made in real life. There are other factors such as its performance (in game), demand, and others. If I was the one to decide it I'll even put history as a factor (Sultan Classic, which is the Sultan in GTA:SA is loved by a lot of people, RP server or not).

Setting aside the factors to create a proper pricing, it all comes back to my argument that it'll be too tedious to create a pricing that will actually satisfy everyone. It is much simpler to price it based on one single factor(how much a player would be willing to pay for a car). I only argue that Sultan Classic have an unfair pricing simply because it performs too well for its price. So if I were to base it on the current factor being used in pricing cars, it should have a higher price point.

EDIT:
@?????????
Real life cars that are old are actually old(which would make the car cheaper or expensive if there's a lot of demand especially on a phased out car). Cars in the GTA:W are technically brand new cars that are always available if you base it on the scripts.
EDIT2:
Sure compare it to real life up to a base point. But the classic cars in real life are limited and here in GTA:W there's infinite supply. Which is why I feel like it's unfair for a car to be based on real life pricing.

Edited by Nabi

All supercars and luxury cars should be at least 400k and require a character background check to be bought. Stuff that's cheap in real life but expensive IG such as the Sultan Classic/ZR-380 should be cheaper, but much more expensive to modify. That's my opinion. Makes no sense for an old Subaru to cost the same as a 2020 G-Wagon. Character background check is to stop people who work as a coffee shop barista from driving around in a Massacro.

Edited by Corey_
  • Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Nabi said:

My argument doesn't make sense simply because you only factor the prices of the cars based on rarity in real life or what generation it was made in real life. There are other factors such as its performance (in game), demand, and others. If I was the one to decide it I'll even put history as a factor (Sultan Classic, which is the Sultan in GTA:SA is loved by a lot of people, RP server or not).

Setting aside the factors to create a proper pricing, it all comes back to my argument that it'll be too tedious to create a pricing that will actually satisfy everyone. It is much simpler to price it based on one single factor(how much a player would be willing to pay for a car). I only argue that Sultan Classic have an unfair pricing simply because it performs too well for its price. So if I were to base it on the current factor being used in pricing cars, it should have a higher price point.

EDIT:
@?????????
Real life cars that are old are actually old(which would make the car cheaper or expensive if there's a lot of demand especially on a phased out car). Cars in the GTA:W are technically brand new cars that are always available if you base it on the scripts.
EDIT2:
Sure compare it to real life up to a base point. But the classic cars in real life are limited and here in GTA:W there's infinite supply. Which is why I feel like it's unfair for a car to be based on real life pricing.

If we take it realistically, the Sultan Classic should be way cheaper, IRL they're not that expensive and they're just as good in performance as they are on GTA V (more or less). They go for around 10-30k IRL (googled, I may be wrong), take 20k since it's in the middle, x5 it would be 100k on GTA W based off of my post. Saying "it performs too well for its price" is not a valid point for a car to be expensive just like "if it looks good, it's expensive". There's a lot of cars that are simply way faster than a sports car when you mod/tune them (or even just stock). Tuned performance should not be a factor in the pricing of a stock car, and the thing is, IRL I'm pretty sure almost every subaru (Sultan Classic) that is on the market has been tuned/modded, so it's basically 20k not for a stock car, but for a modded/tuned one, so on GTA W it would be 100k for the performance that the Sultan Classic actually has when tuned, making the price 100k for a stock Sultan Classic would be more expensive.

Edited by Puglad
4 hours ago, Corey_ said:

All supercars and luxury cars should be at least 400k and require a character background check to be bought. Stuff that's cheap in real life but expensive IG such as the Sultan Classic/ZR-380 should be cheaper, but much more expensive to modify. That's my opinion. Makes no sense for an old Subaru to cost the same as a 2020 G-Wagon. Character background check is to stop people who work as a coffee shop barista from driving around in a Massacro.

I agree with this for the most part. Idk about a background check though, cause it'll just make more hassle for admins which is never a good thing since they already have enough on their plate with the cloud of bad rpers constantly getting reported as it is already.

car prices should be based on one factor, not multiple or random things they decide about and that's the best way to do it. And yes 100% agree they are confusing af rn, like bro wtf gonna buy the worst car in the game aka the dominator Gtx for that price, geez, a Premier out performs and out looks it :)))) at 60k straight up

• Bash locked this topic