/frisk & /mug

Riggs

Hey guys.

So, I noticed that regular players are not allowed to use the command /frisk and there is no /mug.

Well, what I'm suggesting here is to give players the ability to /frisk someone while they have their hands up so you can actually see their inventory and so they don't play you to void being robbed. 

Also, the implementation of /mug that would allow you to take the other player's money till the maximum of $5,000 (as it is the max amount when robbing someone) and this would only be possible if the other player has his hands up or dead. (well, injured after a fight).

• Upvote 1

I agree that /frisk should be a universal command available for everyone. As for /mug, it could be misused or even abused. You should never force your actions on someone, meaning that if he disagrees that you would find the entire 5k, you could still just use /mug to take his money, which is unfair. Or people could just /mug people with their hands up. In general, it could be used wrongly in many ways so I disagree with this one.

4 hours ago, Kiddo said:

I agree that /frisk should be a universal command available for everyone. As for /mug, it could be misused or even abused. You should never force your actions on someone, meaning that if he disagrees that you would find the entire 5k, you could still just use /mug to take his money, which is unfair. Or people could just /mug people with their hands up. In general, it could be used wrongly in many ways so I disagree with this one.

You can always report a player on forums for abuse and get a refund.

3 hours ago, Enzo said:

The frisk option would be nice, however, the person being frisked must accept it via command as well.

As for the /mug thing - sounds too RPGish.

Well, tbh frisk would be fine for me, but /MUG is also good in case the player refuses to /pay

5 hours ago, Riggs said:

You can always report a player on forums for abuse and get a refund.

Well then just report someone who doesn't RP properly and isn't willing to pay up. At the end of the day you'll have to submit a report either way so I think it would be best to avoid implementing a command that could be abused in many different ways. Not to mention, like said above, that it's slightly RPGish, yeah.

29 minutes ago, xRandomGuy said:

/frisk with an option to accept or deny for the other player is good. /mug isn't, we don't want to turn this into a cops and robbers server.

As for me /frisk would be just fine, just thought about adding /mug in case others agree with it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Senior Management

Can't see any issue with allowing others to use /frisk as long as it is RPd and the player would have the ability to accept it, as some suggested here. Aside from that, /mug can be a serious subject to misuse and even when it comes to reports - it is best to simply avoid it in the first place.

A suggestion of this sort has already been done before, I will add this part of the suggestion in the original topic.

Thanks.

Edited by Everett