/bad advertisement limit.

Lomadias

For two days straight I've struggled to place a /bad when three particular businesses were open. They would continuously spam /bad instead of doing a /bad and then /cad's.

My suggestion is that /bad is literally limited to once every 30 minutes. You don't need to spam /bad every three minutes, you have the icon, do a /cad.

This will help to stagger /bads and prevent them being spammed.

Increasing the blip time would be ideal, then have people post /cad's ONLY if they have a blip up, but again this should be every 20-30 minutes, not as soon as possible.

It's not needed and should come under the common courtesy rule.

Edited by Jura

This is a problem that I have encountered only the last 3 months though, mainly between 6PM until 2AM game time. One solution is to hire staff and open your business based on hours that do not fall in this peak range, or simply wait for people to go back to school in September and the overall spam/activity will decrease.

+1 I totally agree up with this not just for /bad and /cad but also for /advert. It's totally dumb how you try to advert something while someone else is spamming to publish his/her advert. Yeah there is a limit like a 30 mins cool down after couple of times using /advert but still others would be doing the same thing with the same information which is hella annoying.I know adverts are important to reach for people in-game but if someone is interested in something, they should head to the discord and check it from there. I hope the system upgrades up in some sort of way that it would be fair for all with no abuse of the spamming.

Suggesting adverts to be made in a panel that would be clear for all like the vehicle spawn one or the shipment one. Only people looking/need items,jobs,vehicles,properties and such can open the panel if they wish and browse through adverts otherwise it shouldn't be just sent/seen in the player's chatbox. You can add too like a notification sound sent to the player's phone when there is a new advert is published and this can be toggled by players if they don't want anything to disturb them through a command or phone's settings.

Example of what I'm trying to say.

A title can be placed such like the business/company's name and what they are advertising.

Same thing for normal players if they're selling or buying anything.

6xVcLbl.png

And officially a different system would be made and implemented depending on the developers team and Nervous's decision in a way to be fair for all and still reach people out as I've stated above. Cheers ?

Edited by JJE
2 hours ago, ZestyLimon said:

For two days straight I've struggled to place a /bad when three particular businesses were open. They would continuously spam /bad instead of doing a /bad and then /cad's.

My suggestion is that /bad is literally limited to once every 30 minutes. You don't need to spam /bad every three minutes, you have the icon, do a /cad.

This will help to stagger /bads and prevent them being spammed.

Report them. It's already in the server rules that businesses should be courteous of others and not spam too many business ads in a short amount of time. Admins are usually quick to go talk to them once reported. I've done it plenty of times. It's already been discussed at length that a queue system won't work for many reasons. It would in fact just increase the time you have to wait to place an ad and nobody wants that.

Edited by Saidin
11 minutes ago, Saidin said:

Report them. It's already in the server rules that businesses should be courteous of others and not spam too many business ads in a short amount of time. Admins are usually quick to go talk to them once reported. I've done it plenty of times. It's already been discussed at length that a queue system won't work for many reasons. It would in fact just increase the time you have to wait to place an ad and nobody wants that.

I'd rather wait 15 minutes until mine pops up, than have to stop typing and race to hit that paste + enter button every 3 minutes without guarantee.

Just now, Daquan Kingston said:

I'd rather wait 15 minutes until mine pops up, than have to stop typing and race to hit that paste + enter button every 3 minutes without guarantee.

Be real, it's never going to be just 15 minutes. You'll have at least 10+ people in queue at most times of the day and at 3 minutes per ad, you'll have to wait a minimum of 30 minutes before your ad posts. This also doesn't work for businesses who are actively trying to advertise they have opened for businesses at that time. During peak server times, I would imagine the queue being even longer. It won't work. I've seen it attempted more than once across other servers and it never worked the way people thought it would.

Edited by Saidin
  • mj2002 locked this topic