How to solve or prevent server inflation

Lucie

Hi! I'm making this topic not as a complain about the server economics, but to give a helpful point of view. I'm finishing a degree in economics and I live in a country with high inflation, so I know quite much about the subject. 

Let's start with basic monetary economics:

M\cdot V=P\cdot Q

This means that the total amount of money in an economy, multiplied by the frequency with which a unit of money is spent is equal to the price levels multiplied by the total amount of goods produced. 

Let's say that in the server the amount of drugs, guns, vehicles, and in some cases apartments follow the growth in active players. The equation would be translated to the server as: The total amount of in game money, multiplied by its spend frequency, will be equal to the price level multiplied by the total amount of active players. Here we have additional issues, some players who have a lot of in game money, stop playing. Even people who have a lot of in game money and are active, don't actually spend their money as they want to RP humble. On the other hand a lot of money is spawned, specially to new players. That is not a bad thing, since people can spend time roleplaying than grinding for money. 

Given the characteristics of the server and its limitations, and understanding how monetary economics work, I think the best way to control inflation will be the following:

TOTAL amount of money spent per week / TOTAL amount of hours played per week

The total amount of money spent should combine all the transactions between players (/pay, /transfer vehicles and properties) plus all the money that players spent to the script to get things (buying houses, furniture vehicles from the server script for example). The total amount of hours played is self explained. If this ratio keeps stable as time goes by, the server will have a healthy economy. If the server management team sees that this ratio is increasing, they should do things to despawn money from the server, either with higher taxes or reducing the amount of money they spawn into the server. I'd be willing to help the staff team if they need so. 

I'm not smart enough to disagree or to know if your right. But... My algebra brain says it make sense. 

With that begin said, I feel as if the in game government would need to implement it because it changes something we deal with in character.

There isn't inflation as far as I can tell.

Players aren't earning 3% more than they did last week from government paychecks. They're not paying 3% more for soda / beer /  donuts etc.

Cars still cost exactly the same now as they did before and prices for the most part are entirely static.

The only exception I really see to this is property values in desired areas. However, this feels more a product of supply vs demand than it does what is meant typically by the term 'inflation'.

If you want property outside of highly desired areas, there are a plenitude of buildings you can request from property management.

Edited by Alyssa McCarthy

This is all speculation. The server provides no publicly available numbers so you're doing calculations with subjective and inaccurate estimates. People are already making up unsubstantiated sums and inaccurate assessments. You can't create a reliable model, you're essentially a carpenter without his tools. 

2 hours ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

There isn't inflation as far as I can tell.

Players aren't earning 3% more than they did last week from government paychecks. They're not paying 3% more for soda / beer /  donuts etc.

Cars still cost exactly the same now as they did before and prices for the most part are entirely static.

The only exception I really see to this is property values in desired areas. However, this feels more a product of supply vs demand than it does what is meant typically by the term 'inflation'.

If you want property outside of highly desired areas, there are a plenitude of buildings you can request from property management.

It concerns property only because the other examples you mentioned essentially have infinite supplies, they cannot go higher and therefor inflation is not applicable to them.