The Judiciary System & You

Denise

Similar to the SD and PD topics except for the judiciary system. This pertains to anything relating to criminal/civil court cases and the procedures/roleplay which surround them. If you've engaged with the judiciary system to some degree, whether that's through actively roleplaying within it as a lawyer or as a client, keeping up with cases, or meeting lawyers in game, I'd love to hear your opinions on how things go. I've thrown a few guiding questions down below--you don't have to answer any of them if you don't want to, but they're there in case anyone is stuck on what they can contribute to the discussion.

1. Have you had any positive or negative experiences while participating in the judiciary system? What did you enjoy about the positive experiences? How could the negative experiences have been turned into positives one?
  2. Are you satisfied with the way the [constantly improving] judiciary system is currently functioning? If you are, what elements do you like about the system? If not, what optimizations would you suggest?
  3. Are there features you would like to see incorporated in the judiciary system? Alternatively, are there features which are already incorporated but you would like to see them more flushed out/detailed?
  4. Have you noticed any discrepancies with how the judiciary system operates compared to in real life? Are these discrepancies reasonable given game limitations or are they game-breaking and immersion-breaking?
  5. Do you think engaging with judiciary roleplay is easy or hard? Do you find it fun or tedious? Why?
  6. Do you find it easy to locate and speak with lawyers in game/in character?

While I have to start off by saying that I immensely appreciate and value people's voluntary work to help the characters under accusation, I will write down some points that are not necessarily negative, but that could use some work to facilitate the process for players who are foreign to this area. I would like for the court cases to hold more power, be it for the person who was deemed guilty from the police, be it from the police officer who wrongfully put a person in prison to hold consequences. It would overall increase the professionalism from the PD ranks, while as for people who demand defense, they can  have their serving time increased in case they are still proven guilty. I personally found it hard, because the bottom players like myself are given little information on what will happen, or how does it happen while as for finding lawyers, I did struggle quite a bit. 

To put it short; this system is definitely one of the best things the server has to offer, but it needs facilitating which is not completely onto your shoulders, so do not stress much about it. Keep it up.

EDIT: I call for more power, because I spent a week of being unable to roleplay and do time in jail to wait for the verdict for the sake of saving my character's clean record, but on the other hand people with major crimes got out sooner, which is a penalty for some people as it blockades them from roleplaying anything else rather than sitting in prison for times longer than people who have done worse.

Edited by Daquan Kingston
  • Cheezy locked this topic