New Content Brainstorm

afrosamurai

6 minutes ago, El Ghetto Man said:

If you'd prefer actions over roleplay, i think you're playing the wrong server brother. The objects system isn't even an accurate comparison, objects are needed for rp, a script for pool isn't.. You're talking about the having developers spend painstaking hours (which they could be spending fixing server bugs or adding features that are really needed) trying to make it so you can strike a ball with a stick instead of simply doing a /me describing the exact same action. If players need the script to have a meaningful rp session, they're doing it wrong.

This isn't an RPG, nor is it GTA IV singleplayer, it's a roleplay server.

it doesn't always have to be about having meaningful rp, its okay to use scripted games like poker and whatever else to just have a little fun.

5 minutes ago, Saidin said:

What do you think was done before the addition of the items script came along? It was added to help enhance role play, but it's certainly not necessary in all cases.

Same can be argued for eating a burger (without needing the actual item), which as I said before -- what do you think was done before the item script was put in?

The point is many of the features we have weren't necessary, but they were put in for the benefit of our experience as the players and that's much appreciated. This is no different. 

Like I said, if you need a minigame to dictate the roleplay going on or to keep you interested in said roleplay, you've got the wrong idea of what an RP server is.

Not only that, but Nervous has already stated that minigames are too much of a pain to script, and won't be making an arrival.

With that said, I'm gonna discontinue responding to you, because  you keep glossing over the more important points and responding to the minor ones with (quite frankly) baseless arguments simply to fit your narrative.

Edited by El Ghetto Man
1 minute ago, El Ghetto Man said:

With that said, I'm gonna discontinue responding to you, because  you keep glossing over the more important points and responding to the minor ones (quite frankly) baseless arguments simply to fit your narrative.

Lol funny that's what you keep doing. I never said I needed anything. I keep saying it would be nice to have, same thing as many other features we have that were never necessary but they help to enhance our RP. Go take a look at our Feature showcase and tell me that we needed all of those? It seems to be your narrative that we can just /me everything for our ultimate RP exeperience. Corpses? Custom businesses? Custom drops/storage? Forensics? Did we need any of that? No, however it's certainly nice to have and much appreciated that the Devs spent the time to do it. This is again, no different.

Edited by Saidin
Just now, Saidin said:

Lol funny that's what you keep doing. I never said I needed anything. I keep saying it would be nice to have, same thing as many other features we have that were never necessary but they help to enhance our RP.

Actually no, I've been responding to you simply telling you why a pool minigame isn't feasible. Which you responded to me by saying that we should remove the item script. ?

Just now, my_g said:

not for everyone, there is a reason scripts exist.

Scripts exist so that roleplay can be enhanced, Not so people can sit around and spam buttons without RPing for the sake of fun.

Edited by El Ghetto Man
24 minutes ago, El Ghetto Man said:

Actually no, I've been responding to you simply telling you why a pool minigame isn't feasible. Which you responded to me by saying that we should remove the item script. ?

Clearly you didn't understand that I was just making a point that it was never a necessary script, not saying that we should actually do it. Now I'm going to stop responding before this gets any more ridiculous.

Edited by Saidin
7 minutes ago, Wirbelwind said:

Please keep your replies civil. If you call each other dense, the thread will be locked. 

Please be kind and keep respect in mind. You can disagree and discuss like adults.

Hello everyone,

As a reminder, this is to help brainstorm ideas so we can improve the server. We're all in this together so please be kind to each other when debating something. 

As a reminder... please stay on topic

what sort of content loops or "game-play loops" would you guys, the community, like to see?  

Edited by changooman