New Content Brainstorm

afrosamurai

Just now, Nervous said:

I would also like to see innovative ideas, the simple "more minigames, more UIs, etc" which are obvious additions we would also love to do with time aren't really needed, what we need are things we don't necessarely think of as developers and that you would like to see added as players. It could be for example weapon durability with a way to fix them (just an example).

Yeah, on a serious note. A system where you could store money inside a box/crate/suitcase/back alongside with drugs too. It would make drug deals and other stuff more immersive and also scams. I know people already roleplay it but having an option to force the player to check the content inside the bag instead of just watching the green text transaction thing. So it would be very good to stash stuff too.

On the other side, I'd like to see a faction or something that would force illegal roleplayers to wash their money instead of just withdrawing money from an ATM to do a drug deal. Maybe a script that allows LSPD to watch certain individuals bank transactions and check for something odd. Obviously the detective would need a judge to approve it before going for the bank account surveillance but it would be very good to enforce criminals to stash moneys at home or somewhere instead of just depositing illegal gains above 10k.

Don't know how hard it would be to implement Chess, but as I've said before it'd definitely be fun with potential to grow into something big.

It's a huge thing for inmates too, leaving something interesting to do in the pen.   

1 hour ago, Nervous said:

I would also like to see innovative ideas, the simple "more minigames, more UIs, etc" which are obvious additions we would also love to do with time aren't really needed, what we need are things we don't necessarely think of as developers and that you would like to see added as players. It could be for example weapon durability with a way to fix them (just an example).

I think you underestimate the impact of a mini-game such as pool would have on the bar scene. It gives people a reason to stay besides just drinking, having a couple conversations and then leaving. It's a great ice breaker and an awesome way to pass the time. There can be tournaments organized, small pool leagues, and so on. Pool/Billiards within bars can create longer, more meaningful interactions between people that may not even know each other. It would also be an incredibly unique feature for GTAW that would only further showcase the hard work and effort you as Developers make to create the best experience possible for everyone. I understand that it's something that would take a longer time to develop, but I'm 100% it would be worth it in the end.

Edited by Saidin
2 hours ago, Saidin said:

I think you underestimate the impact of a mini-game such as pool would have on the bar scene. It gives people a reason to stay besides just drinking, having a couple conversations and then leaving. It's a great ice breaker and an awesome way to pass the time. There can be tournaments organized, small pool leagues, and so on. Pool/Billiards within bars can create longer, more meaningful interactions between people that may not even know each other. It would also be an incredibly unique feature for GTAW that would only further showcase the hard work and effort you as Developers make to create the best experience possible for everyone. I understand that it's something that would take a longer time to develop, but I'm 100% it would be worth it in the end.

People can (and do) just RP it, though. I don't particularly think there needs to be a script for this, people just need to learn to have meaningful interactions.

2 hours ago, El Ghetto Man said:

People can (and do) just RP it, though. I don't particularly think there needs to be a script for this, people just need to learn to have meaningful interactions.

Might as well get rid of the item systems and any other sort of "objects" in the game that we now have. Can just RP it right? Point is that it's there for immersive purposes. Some people prefer actually doing the action versus simply RP'ing it, just like many people have come to enjoy having the custom item system for restaurants/coffee shops/custom stores and alcohol when they go to the bars. Why have a poker or blackjack custom script? Just RP it. I'm not saying it's wrong to just RP it, but it's also not out of the question to want something like this for more immersive interactions.

Edited by Saidin
5 minutes ago, Saidin said:

Might as well get rid of the item systems and any other sort of "objects" in the game that we now have. Can just RP it right? Point is that it's there for immersion. Some people prefer actually doing the action versus simply RP'ing it, just like many people have come to enjoy having the custom item system and alcohol when they go to the bars. 

If you'd prefer actions over roleplay, i think you're playing the wrong server brother. The objects system isn't even an accurate comparison, objects are needed for rp, a script for pool isn't.. You're talking about the having developers spend painstaking hours (which they could be spending fixing server bugs or adding features that are really needed) trying to make it so you can strike a ball with a stick instead of simply doing a /me describing the exact same action. If players need the script to have a meaningful rp session, they're doing it wrong.

This isn't an RPG, nor is it GTA IV singleplayer, it's a roleplay server.

Edited by El Ghetto Man
5 minutes ago, El Ghetto Man said:

objects are needed for rp

What do you think was done before the addition of the items script came along? It was added to help enhance role play, but it's certainly not necessary in all cases.

5 minutes ago, El Ghetto Man said:

instead of simply doing a /me describing the exact same action. If players need the script to have a meaningful rp session, they're doing it wrong.

Same can be argued for eating a burger or drinking a coffee or any other number of custom items we have now (without needing the actual item), which as I said before -- what do you think was done before the item script was put in? We don't need the objects. It's just nice to have them for immersive purposes.

The point is many of the features we have weren't necessary, but they were put in for the benefit of our experience as players and that's much appreciated. This is no different.

Edited by Saidin