Things from old LSRP you'd like to see here

Lucie

2 hours ago, verrevert said:

I hope that server management learn the lesson of not restricting every aspect of the server. LSRP management began implementing rules and regulations against everything that completely stifled any form of creativity, meaning role play just became a stale experience of the same things. Any form of business that provided passive income became state owned because they hated the idea of people not having to do anything for money (argued that it was to help combat inflation, but definitely more effective measures). Weapons and drugs, arguably the most important factor of a GTA game, became so controlled by out of character forces (and terribly at that point - the opposite happened of what they aimed for) that it resulted in people using OOC connections or buying them using real money. Faction management (legal and illegal) was a good concept when first implemented, but became driven by the agendas of people resulting in some pretty stupid decisions being made that killed the playerbase at times. Likewise, faction role play became completely regulated with their being rules about everything a faction could or could not do. Businesses and properties became a mainly forum-based activity, which led to OOC influence and a reliance on admins which itself had issues related to the nature of availability.

Basically, I hope management make a conscious effort to not always step in to solve issues that people complain about. Just because people complain about something, does not mean it needs to be an issue fixed by regulations, but rather allow players to explore solutions. Creativity is the most important aspect of a RP game, and regulation can sometimes kill that by forcing people into particular paths, without even realising it.

I never saw such things and I played from 2012 to 2015. But yes, staff there was really rude in general, I was even banned for a dumb reason and never unbanned. I was shocked about how helpfull staff is here in game.

8 hours ago, verrevert said:

Basically, I hope management make a conscious effort to not always step in to solve issues that people complain about. Just because people complain about something, does not mean it needs to be an issue fixed by regulations, but rather allow players to explore solutions. Creativity is the most important aspect of a RP game, and regulation can sometimes kill that by forcing people into particular paths, without even realising it.

This, I've seen so many many GTA roleplay communities make this mistake, Kowtow to the playerbase to make them happy reality they guys are just complaining about what they want with no care for the bigger picture and that is how bad decision get made. You just need good, smart leadership who can look at the facts and the needs of the server and make their own decision.

I'd vote for the "not restricting everything" path.  It's a slow but slippery slope and you end up with pages and pages of convoluted rules that only encourages people to halt RP the moment they don't like something and start reporting.  Additionally, I think the term "Deathmatching" had gotten way way too broad.  People were getting admin penalties for shooting at cops during a traffic stop, because in the admin and cop opinion the person should have waited in their car and talked to the officer.  Like, what?  You can't expect every single person you pull over to act like a model citizen.  DM rules are essential to stop people running around and just shooting random people, yes, but there has to be limits.

Same for "Non-RP" punishments.  If you dared to behave even slightly outside of what the admins deemed "normal", you were punished.  It just made everything predictable and stale and stifled creative RP.

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Paenymion said:

I'd vote for the "not restricting everything" path.  It's a slow but slippery slope and you end up with pages and pages of convoluted rules that only encourages people to halt RP the moment they don't like something and start reporting.  Additionally, I think the term "Deathmatching" had gotten way way too broad.  People were getting admin penalties for shooting at cops during a traffic stop, because in the admin and cop opinion the person should have waited in their car and talked to the officer.  Like, what?  You can't expect every single person you pull over to act like a model citizen.  DM rules are essential to stop people running around and just shooting random people, yes, but there has to be limits.

Same for "Non-RP" punishments.  If you dared to behave even slightly outside of what the admins deemed "normal", you were punished.  It just made everything predictable and stale and stifled creative RP.

Shooting a cop when being pulled over is not creative RP, it makes no sense at all. The idea is to roleplay realism.

3 hours ago, Paenymion said:

Yeah, reason why this is not allowed because you simply cannot allow everything, because it will just make the server a war-zone. Also, you can do this as long as you have a good reason on why to open fire on a Law Enforcement Officer i.e. warrant, illegal weapons, narcotics, etc. Allowing people to shot people for reasons why some people kill will just turn the server into Idle stacks on LS-RP, i.e. pure cancer.