LSSD Ethnic Discrimination

I wanted to acknowledge an OOC issue that is obviously discriminatory toward individuals who not only want to role-play a foreign-born character, but is also offensive to many who originate from a multicultural background in real life. As a first generation American, I find it incredibly offensive that a server which has implemented rules to safeguard against racism and bigotry, would allow an official faction to specifically deny players solely based on the ethnic identify of the player they wish to role-play as. 

I would like to point out that not only is it not only realistic for a foreign born individual to pursue a career in law enforcement within the United States, as it has routinely happened throughout the many years the country has existed; but that it is also incredibly unrealistic for a law enforcement entity within the United States to deny an individual from pursuing a career within their agency solely for their ethnic background/backstory. Please fix this GTA World, and please speak to those who have allowed this to be a normal practice within the faction.

Respectfully,

Abdullah Hussein

Proof: https://gyazo.com/e76e0f3667c2d7d9a7d93f725b4856e5

Edited by Abdullah Hussein

You must not understand the background screening it takes to become a government employee.  You literally have to acquire a security clearance and if you’re a foreigner you’re not getting that unless you have some sick credentials lol. It’s not about discrimination it’s about being realistic and your character is just NOT an American and this is America.

Edited by Captain
  • Upvote 1

@CaptainOh... My bad, here I was thinking that a Sheriff's Department was a county law enforcement agency, not federal... Hmm. My mistake. Not to mention, federal agencies typically prefer to hire individuals who are bilingual with a diverse background, so don't know where you came up with that.

Just now, Abdullah Hussein said:

Oh... My bad, here I was thinking that a Sheriff's Department was a county law enforcement agency, not federal... Hmm. My mistake. Not to mention, federal agencies typically prefer to hire individuals who are bilingual with a diverse background, so don't know where you came up with that.

You're right, a sheriff's office is not a federal agency.

To be completely frank, moving to the U.S in 2011 and becoming a citizen by 2020 is not at all a unrealistic proposition. I know someone who's been here for about a decade is is wrapping up his citizenship now.

Edited by bartman

Big dog, your character is called Abdullah Hussein.. America is racist. Your character would have his background checked like 3 times over if you tried to join a law enforcement agency irl. Being an Arab man from some far off country and joining is 200% different than being an Arab man who is American born and joining.

• Thanks 1

Where in that screenshot does it say you were denied due to  reasons of ethnic origin or identity? It specificaly states foreign. This could mean anything from white European, hispanic Latin American, Middle Eastern or South-East Asia. Ethnicity is irrelevant. It's to do with the nation in which a character is born in and how that character is not a naturalized citizen of the United States of America. Timid is completely correct in his response to your application, it is better suited to roleplay a character that is born in the USA. The process of a greencard, or any type of permanent residence status, is a long and difficult process. If these kind of limitations were not put into place then everyone would simply roleplay from the nation they are from OOC'ly instead of American. Infact, something like this is what has happened in the past.

There is nothing wrong here and if you disagree then I'm afraid that's simply your lack of understanding of the subject.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Captain said:

Big dog, your character is called Abdullah Hussein.. America is racist. Your character would have his background checked like 3 times over if you tried to join a law enforcement agency irl. Being an Arab man from some far off country and joining is 200% different than being an Arab man who is American born and joining.

Being as you just called a sheriff's office a 'federal' agency, I'm not sure you'd actually be from America to to accurately tell anyone how racist we are or aren't. It isn't that bad.

Just now, Marksman said:

Where in that screenshot does it say you were denied due to  reasons of ethnic origin or identity? It specificaly states foreign. This could mean anything from white European, hispanic Latin American, Middle Eastern or South-East Asia. Ethnicity is irrelevant. It's to do with the nation in which a character is born in and how that character is not a naturalized citizen of the United States of America. Timid is completely correct in his response to your application, it is better suited to roleplay a character that is born in the USA. The process of a greencard, or any type of permanent residence status, is a long and difficult process. If these kind of limitations were not put into place then everyone would simply roleplay from the nation they are from OOC'ly instead of American. Infact, something like this is what has happened in the past.

There is nothing wrong here and if you disagree then I'm afraid that's simply your lack of understanding of the subject.

Google is a useful tool. https://gyazo.com/3dd9a4c0c9b8e19e89279876b11498d8