New /openbusiness Rule

slick!

Alright, after reading all the comments.. It seems like the server is pushing players to own more custom businesses? I don't have to say why.

In past, the entrance fees were a thing. They were only restricted to nightclubs and other businesses because it won't make sense to have a tattoo parlor or barbershop with entrance fee. But.. now? It's not entrance fee, it's the government bonus which is more likely a different thing if we compare it to entrance fee script we had in past.

I don't know why they would even do this to non-custom businesses.

Edited by Zayyy
8 hours ago, effion said:

Don't clubs charge $500+ for entry and then there's "VIP" variants of these membership entry fees? Why are they getting that bonus?

8 hours ago, Bombie said:

Most clubs I've noticed don't have a fee and just rely on /openbusiness - as they don't have the 4k hourly, but have to pay bartenders, dancers, security, etc. 

Yeah, there's a rare chance of clubs charging entrance fee. With that still? They are not able to pay their employees. If you have 2 bartenders / 2 guards (One in / 1 outside ) And 1 manager? How the frick are you supposed to pay them? You can only make 20K per opening along with some drinks.. i'd say 2/3k from drinks.

Let me break this for you. In all other biz's.. the employees are getting paid about 4k an hour.

4K - 1 bartender 

4K - 2nd bartender

5K manager

4K - guard

4K - guard

image.png.01f1128b31089171404e3c01c7dab908.png

So, clubs are only making 2/3K profit atm. I don't know from where people are coming from and saying

"Oh nO! Admesn! cluBs ArE Maskding! so muuuch!!"

Edited by Zayyy

After reading all the comments and as a nightclub owner myself, I strongly agree with something that could assist/help nightclubs/bars more. The profit is not that much in the end really, I end up spending about 20k salaries(bartender, bouncers) so, in the end, I would just gain from 3 to 6k of profit. I'd suggest increasing the 20k limit or something else that Nervous would see fit really.

5 hours ago, Zayyy said:

Yeah, there's a rare chance of clubs charging entrance fee. With that still? They are not able to pay their employees. If you have 2 bartenders / 2 guards (One in / 1 outside ) And 1 manager? How the frick are you supposed to pay them? You can only make 20K per opening along with some drinks.. i'd say 2/3k from drinks.

Let me break this for you. In all other biz's.. the employees are getting paid about 4k an hour.

4K - 1 bartender 

4K - 2nd bartender

5K manager

4K - guard

4K - guard

image.png.01f1128b31089171404e3c01c7dab908.png

So, clubs are only making 2/3K profit atm. I don't know from where people are coming from and saying

"Oh nO! Admesn! cluBs ArE Maskding! so muuuch!!"

If you're making 2k profit with a nightclub and think that it cost you 21k and you only get 20k from gov bonus, you're doing it completely wrong, and I start to feel that taking your hands by giving bonuses isn't the solution if you only rely on that.

Night clubs should make money on entrances and drinks, if you sell drinks at $5 it's your own problem. If you don't charge at the entrance, it's also your problem. You can also charge VIP areas, and other creative services that you can come up with. I'm really not sure what's the problem here.

• Upvote 1

How long are your openings that a Bartender is making 4,000 alongside your guards, who are doing more work to earn that 4,000 than a Bartender is? That math and payscale is not at all Profit-friendly. Bartenders should be making less and keep what they make in tips. I tip well if my bartender actually puts effort into their RP, other than, '/me turns around, grabbing a glass of whiskey and offering it to *CHARACTER*'

Guards, I can see 4K, but again, is that 4K an hour? 4k an opening? How long is this opening that is deservant of 4k?

2 hours ago, Bycarbon said:

How long are your openings that a Bartender is making 4,000 alongside your guards, who are doing more work to earn that 4,000 than a Bartender is? That math and payscale is not at all Profit-friendly. Bartenders should be making less and keep what they make in tips. I tip well if my bartender actually puts effort into their RP, other than, '/me turns around, grabbing a glass of whiskey and offering it to *CHARACTER*'

Guards, I can see 4K, but again, is that 4K an hour? 4k an opening? How long is this opening that is deservant of 4k?

Most of the security I have used at my club charges, on average, 3-4k per hour. It also depends on the opening as far as how much effort a bartender is putting in. Sometimes there are 20 people lined up at the bar, and the tender ends up putting a lot more work into the RP than security. That’s not to compare the two, however, it’s just an observation. 

I’ve also noticed on an OOC standpoint that a lot of people don’t love bartender RP. So if I develop a good relationship with my bartender and have to dip into my profits a bit more to make it worthwhile for them, I will. Everyone’s RP benefits. 

Overall, I think this change makes a lot of sense and will simply cause people to adjust how they’re operating their business, which isn’t a bad thing. 

4 hours ago, Nervous said:

If you're making 2k profit with a nightclub and think that it cost you 21k and you only get 20k from gov bonus, you're doing it completely wrong, and I start to feel that taking your hands by giving bonuses isn't the solution if you only rely on that.

Night clubs should make money on entrances and drinks, if you sell drinks at $5 it's your own problem. If you don't charge at the entrance, it's also your problem. You can also charge VIP areas, and other creative services that you can come up with. I'm really not sure what's the problem here.

We are not charging 5$ for drinks.

Most of the drink prices are between 250 to 350$

Let's say 30 ppl buy drinks from your club? You'd still make around 5k only with decent prices.

VIP Lounge? = Extra guards = extra paying. So.. after all this, it comes to the same topic again.

12 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

Clubs are not that great of a business at all. 

Isn't that fairly realistic though?

19 hours ago, Zayyy said:

We are not charging 5$ for drinks.

Most of the drink prices are between 250 to 350$

Let's say 30 ppl buy drinks from your club? You'd still make around 5k only with decent prices.

VIP Lounge? = Extra guards = extra paying. So.. after all this, it comes to the same topic again.

If you ask those 30 people an entrance fee of $300, you'll also have 9k.