New /openbusiness Rule

slick!

Just now, RSZach said:

So who exactly are they targetting, here? What other businesses are there?

I can only assume that they're targeting shops such as tattoo parlors, barbershops, and other script related businesses that technically don't require anyone behind the counter for the shop to be opened.

I can only assume such, though.

Just now, JackMiller07 said:

I can only assume that they're targeting shops such as tattoo parlors, barbershops, and other script related businesses that technically don't require anyone behind the counter for the shop to be opened.

I can only assume such, though.

The answer is right above your post.

This is extremely stupid and completely and utterly demotivating. I spent ~600K building a shop that wasn't even finished now, how the hell am I supposed to get that back now? In an economy as stupid and ficticious as the one we have in GTAW, you can't strip off the most profitable part (which is, either way, a really slow and long term investement) off a business of which the establishment costs 200k plus 600k for interior fees. What's the point in even trying? I tried to work on an idea that was unique and genuinely engaging to roleplay from both an owner and customer perspective. I should've just opened a generic night club? Shaking my head.

13 minutes ago, acidicfriday said:

I heavily disagree with this, running a store myself. Why should bars and clubs get to get the entry bonus, as well as get to charge entry fees into the club to make more money, while I'll have to be forced into selling packets of Ramen for insane amounts of money to try and make up for the money? No one is going to pay 1 grand for a single item.

You need to read the rule properly, you're included in that.

23 minutes ago, changooman said:

@Nervous When I ran the import store, I would charge literally tens of dollars because I was in it for the RP. The govt bonus checks were just there to support creating content and pay for my employees. Now people are going to be forced into hiking up prices of goods. 

This is the point though. You're not supposed to charge low prices because that's not what our economy looks like. People make $800 + an hour. Just because you're in it for the RP, doesn't mean you should ruin the pricing in the economy. 

4 minutes ago, JuanTwoThree said:

This is extremely stupid and completely and utterly demotivating. I spent ~600K building a shop that wasn't even finished now, how the hell am I supposed to get that back now? In an economy as stupid and ficticious as the one we have in GTAW, you can't strip off the most profitable part (which is, either way, a really slow and long term investement) off a business of which the establishment costs 200k plus 600k for interior fees. What's the point in even trying? I tried to work on an idea that was unique and genuinely engaging to roleplay from both an owner and customer perspective. I should've just opened a generic night club? Shaking my head.

You need to read the rules, shops which sells low values items are included and can use it. If you have a 24/7 then yes obviously you're not included as you'll make back the money quite quick compared to what you spent.

13 minutes ago, Saidin said:

This is the point though. You're not supposed to charge low prices because that's not what our economy looks like. People make $800 + an hour. Just because you're in it for the RP, doesn't mean you should ruin the pricing in the economy. 

Oh? Good to know. @RSZach Feel free to just milk money out of people now I guess lol. 

16 minutes ago, Saidin said:

Oh lord, a ten dollar package of ramen?! The economy is in shambles. You're missing the entire point, which is to give people an incentive to come to our store and buy things, because we don't have the same appeal as a bar or a club. Even if you were making an inkling of sense, your point still falls flat, because if you want your picture perfect economy, our price still makes more sense. It even says it in the tutorial, $1 in real life equates to $10 in GTAW.

11 minutes ago, RSZach said:

Oh lord, a ten dollar package of ramen?! The economy is in shambles. You're missing the entire point, which is to give people an incentive to come to our store and buy things, because we don't have the same appeal as a bar or a club. Even if you were making an inkling of sense, your point still falls flat, because if you want your picture perfect economy, our price still makes more sense. It even says it in the tutorial, $1 in real life equates to $10 in GTAW.

When you make $500+ an hour at a MINIMUM, $10 products shouldn't exist. It counteracts the entire design of the economy. You should be basing prices relative to the amount of income people receive. That's common sense. This isn't a real world economy and prices shouldn't reflect as such. The issue of people not wanting to pay prices more accurate to our GTAW economy is because of those who charge real world prices in a purposefully inflated economy. You're just perpetuating the system. If you don't understand that, then this discussion will go nowhere.

Edited by Saidin

Personally I don't see the issue. As Nervois said previously, many businesses can still use this. Not just bars/night clubs. It makes perfect sense when we're talking about Gun shops, clothing stores, etc. They make more than enough money as it stands already.