Copyright Infringement & The Fight For Original Content.

Frizzle1360

Just now, Declan said:

Let’s rp ballas grove street vagos ( the street gang ... no more mc : D ) aztecs da nang boys and many More. say No to real Gangs 

That part, there's a lot of graffitis/banners of certain gangs ingame, why not make use of it?

Just now, TOrtiz said:

Was about to ask the same thing.

Such as la eMe, pen1 and such.

They might come with their AKs instead of their lawyers.

For sure, if we introduce this, I feel it should be all around, not just one specific sect of factions. It would create such uniqueness, and opt for more roleplay before faction threads are created in order to have a good starting post.

Also yeah, they comin' with dracos.

Just now, TOrtiz said:

Was about to ask the same thing.

Such as la eMe, pen1 and such.

They might come with their AKs instead of their lawyers.

I don’t rp la eMe anymore because last time I did they sent scottish hitters to my address but luckily my contacts in HMP Polmont let me know so I’m now living in witness protection under the alias ‘Declan’

• Upvote 3

I rp with one of these factions, still I agree to this post. But as Bash said we can't just straight up archive these factions and call it a day. That will discourage a lot of people, who have put a lot of time and development in building these factions and charecters along with it.

The Vagos Motorcycle Club on the server were encouraged by IFM at the time to portray a real MC as opposed to a fictional one. I do not know the opinion the Vagos would have about this. The Mongols however do not care about their image being used on RP servers, the Hells Angels do. 

Edited by Ted
5 minutes ago, Bash said:

The only thing that kind of turns me away from personally supporting this completely is that it would cause a lot of established factions with a lot of time put into their development. It would hurt them if not cause a lot of them to get archived.

It could hurt the faction system, but maybe give a grandfather-clause to existing factions? ?

The solution I see to this is maybe the factions all take some time to begiven the chance to write and rebrand themselves for the furture? The events and buildings of them that have happened in the past can still oocur, just change some detailes like names and logos! Alot of people on redit or when recounting stories, do it for the sake of privicy and copy write.

Definitely agree, people should be creative and although they can be influenced by real life organizations for their factions, they should still seek to create something original. 

As for established factions already? Maybe they can be rebranded ICly, cutting off ties with their "parent" organizations and going their own way? That way the faction doesn't end up dead in the water but can maintain their characters and journey thus far.

Realism needs real life examples to go off of, this is how it works. Universally, factions are all the same but with a different coat of paint (Piru gangs, blood, crips and Sureños are all the same but the same sets get re-made consistently). Stop being a Randall, copy and pasting all material from real life is of poor taste yes — but you're being overly weird about it. 

I'd rather someone accurately represent an already existing club than someone make something shit and look bad. This whole server is copy-write infringement so... leave it.

It's common knowledge that people shouldn't use other peoples faction threads, but using real life examples is completely acceptable and basing your faction off of them is OK. Just don't use their logos (proven to be fine in other communities) and you'll be OK. 

Stop being weird about it. You didn't need to make this long of a post to prove people use real life examples, it is 100x better than making up terrible fake motorcycle clubs and roleplaying around them poorly. 

PS;

Most of us who research into the 1%er and outlaw club life know very well how disrespectful using their logo is. There is an entire brotherhood built upon the MC name and patch that takes effort and time to earn. Ethics wise, these logos are not ours to use or reproduce, especially when we are the ones who advertise the server to potential donors with such materials

This is really nerdy.

Edited by owen