New property changes discussion

Timzii

7 minutes ago, BobBob said:

As someone that used to do Landlord RP I fully support the changes they made. I personally have not seen anyone put the effort needed to properly be a Landlord (doesn't mean it doesn't happen). People used the public rent thing to earn money quick and easy with no RP.

Getting paid hourly for someone renting your property is stupid. You should be drafting up a tenants agreement that will be a weekly or monthly payment.

At the end of the day this update fixes something that was my main concern when it came to the tenant-landlord relationship, which is the RP and connection. This update makes sure you actually talk to your tenant, writing up a tenants agreement etc.

Is it more inconvenient now to be a Landlord? Yes, and thank god for this change, it shouldn't be a walk in the park to earn thousands and thousands of dollars a week. Hopefully the next step is fixing the mechanic garages earning so much.

Thanks for the reply, 

I agree with your point with the public renting, and I'm very happy that it has been dealt with. However, just because you haven't seen anyone put effort for the needed company doesn't mean it doesn't exist, one of those companies which puts effort and time into their landlord business is Heathoak, which is getting negatively effected with the latest update. The tenants have reached out to the owner that with the current system they won't be able to afford the payments, as they need the money to continue their roleplay. Lowering the amount drastically is always possible but isn't worth in the end if you've invested millions into the properties only to get 20k in the end of the week as rent money from multiple properties. The hourly rent isn't stupid as everything operates hourly, if the only payday which players received would be per week, then the current system with weekly/monthly rent would've made sense. You can interact with the tenants as landlord with the old system as well, reaching out to them, asking how their stay is, and so on. 

I hope you realize that real estate agencies and agents in real life operates the same way as they do ingame, regarding the rent. Once the tenant is found and payment is agreed on there's little to do after signing the documents. Payments are in most automatic, meaning the you don't need to chase tenants down for money, which the current system promotes. 

As somebody who currently runs a garage, to let you know we've had a discussion with Thirteen and changes will be done to it hopefully soon. I totally agree that mechanics are getting overpaid and I'm looking forward to the balancing. 

23 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

For the first paragraph, I already explained how you can avoid the problems of payment. If you cannot figure a problem like this out for yourself, then perhaps you are not business savvy enough to be a successful landlord. No offense, but this is a complete no brainer. Challenges like these are part of your business environment and this is a level playing field for other landlords. Deal with it, you're a landlord.

For the second part, you have yet to explain where these financial difficulties are coming from. It is really simple, there is a demand for rented housing in GTAW. You have access to properties. There are no maintenance costs. Property taxes are negligible. If you cannot survive as a businessperson in this environment, then you shouldn't be considering this sort of roleplay. 

Are there improvements possible to this system? Sure.

- Be able to set managers for buildings, ability to give them access to the new commands.

- Be able to schedule bank transfers (this really isn't even necessary, but I'm not opposing QoL improvements)

What else do you really want? There's certainly nothing that has been brought up in this thread that you need.

I did not come here to discuss but just to give my opinion on it. I can see that your level of perception is limited as I mentioned that I am NOT a landlord nor have I been or want to be and I noticed that no matter what anyone says you are just countering with your ideas and accusations. Also as I mentioned you seek reality(or solely Roleplay when things are run not as you explain) when GTAW environment isn't really that realistic when it comes to the aspects you provide, so connecting those two dots are not something I would do if I was seeking for what you are. Don't get me wrong, not that I don't like the update or it has any influence on me. I think that GTAW environment as you call it is more about $40.000/week than the realistic $20.000/week with taxes and so on that you explain. If you imagine to pay taxes of let's say 5K a week while making 20K, alright but if the tenant doesn't pay well then comes the problems and good luck taking the IRL based 3 weeks up front of 60K from someone. But then again the whole system gets more complicated so.. 

Just now, Timzii said:

However, just because you haven't seen anyone put effort for the needed company doesn't mean it doesn't exist

I know, thats why I wrote (doesn't mean it doesn't happen).

Just now, Timzii said:

I hope you realize that real estate agencies and agents in real life operates the same way as they do ingame, regarding the rent. Once the tenant is found and payment is agreed on there's little to do after signing the documents. Payments are in most automatic, meaning the you don't need to chase tenants down for money, which the current system promotes. 

There is still stuff to do after the agreement is signed, I like to keep the contact by having stuff in the contract such as a weekly or monthly checkup of the property, and at the same time ask how things are going and if there are any issues they have with the property etc.

As for the hourly paycheck that's just something we have to agree to disagree on, however, I do see how people might get turned off by the idea of renting when paying a huge sum of money upfront compared to the hourly check because the damage doesn't seem to be just as big. That could cause some issues down the line but I still believe this is a good change ?

22 hours ago, Timzii said:

What I wish to achieve is using the old renting system, make manual confirmation from both sides, meaning the landlord sends an offer to the tenant, in example offering rent to a certain person per X$ per hour. This means that people couldn't rent out their homes to the whole server as they would actually need to be there in order to offer rent. Admins are also going to be setting the limit on how many tenants you can have per your property. This system would encourage renting from both sides.

Okay re-reading through the thread, I can agree there needs to be a change to help both sides. This seems like a decent compromise. I am NOT a fan of automatic renting, however:

This still forces a face-to-face interaction for the initial renting phase between a landlord and a tenant. It also solves the problem of landlords just leaving the /rent open for anyone, as this would force players to still seek out landlords in order to scriptly be able to rent the property. The other issue that I see people have brought up is the fact that many players won’t shell out thousands of dollars up front, even if they charge less. The entire server runs on an hourly income setup. It makes sense to allow a hybrid system that runs based on paying rent for the hours you play and not a predetermined price that assumes you’ll play X hours a week. 

3 minutes ago, eMe said:

Just for the record no one is in favour of allowing /rent to be as it was before. We just want an automatic payment system in the sense that once a tenancy is agreed that money is deducted automatically.

Per hour using the script as it was for previous renting system?

Edited by mj2002
10 minutes ago, eMe said:

Just for the record no one is in favour of allowing /rent to be as it was before. We just want an automatic payment system in the sense that once a tenancy is agreed that money is deducted automatically.

I don’t think this is an issue. I have my mortgage paid every month through an automatic payment. I don’t see Quicken Loans interacting with me every week to see how I’m doing outside of the occasional automated email trying to convince me to refinance. The apartment I used to rent also had an online payment system that allowed me to setup an automatic payment. I never saw any landlord for the 2 years I lived there. 

Honestly if people as a player want more interaction for your own RP benefit, make the landlord work for it. Call in broken sink or a busted refrigerator. Say the electricity went out and won’t come back on. Call in a busted sliding glass door, etc. It shouldn’t be solely placed on the landlord to create a memorable experience for this system to work.

The hourly rental system is a good idea because the economy runs on hourly paychecks. Just get rid of people being able to /rent without a landlord to tenant interaction, as the original post suggested. 

Edited by Saidin

the same people who complain about this probably drop about 100,000 a week on a new car and 50,000 the next day to "fully upgrade it".  learn to budget your money better. work jobs you wouldn't either, cause if you have time to spend four hours in game then for sure you can work 1-3 hours day.

47 minutes ago, Saidin said:

The entire server runs on an hourly income setup. It makes sense to allow a hybrid system that runs based on paying rent for the hours you play and not a predetermined price that assumes you’ll play X hours a week. 

I suggested that here:

Copy and paste:

At least the script could be different, something similar to the script for legal factions (They pay when they get paid, if he has been online for 10 hours then he pays 10 hours, read below) with minor changes, here:

- You set the price using the command (/setrentable), and when you want to receive the payment, 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks or a month (/rentdays) I don't know.

- The tenant plays and each paycheck he receives receives it in its entirety, but each paycheck is saved in the database.

- After a week or when you have set the week to pay the rent, a notification appears with the total to be paid, example:

• You have set the price, $300, weekly (1 week).

• After a week, he has been online for 10 hours, then he receives a notification that he has to pay $3000$ (10Hx$300), after this, he must use a command to pay the rent, I don't know, /payrent confirm, for example.

It's fairer for everyone, the notification appears on your screen notifying you that you have to pay, etc.

They can even create a command to do it automatically, /rentcontract name/id price days (Usage; /rentcontract name/id 300 14) and not allow you to evict the tenant until the contract expires, and we have that RP between tenant and landlord.

Edited by Jennie
1 hour ago, Ribbit said:

the same people who complain about this probably drop about 100,000 a week on a new car and 50,000 the next day to "fully upgrade it".  learn to budget your money better. work jobs you wouldn't either, cause if you have time to spend four hours in game then for sure you can work 1-3 hours day.

So basically if I'm RPing a realtor it's totally realistic for me to work as a cashier in 24/7 and drive a 300k car for example? Just because I have time. I'm sorry but that how I understood this.

Edited by Beatrix