New property changes discussion

Timzii

I really don't understand all of this fuss about ''only active players can rent'' yada yada. You can literally make 4.5k an HOUR working at ANY business. (4k + 500 unemployment bonus), so, it would literally take you ONE HOUR to rent an apartment/house out for a week.. If you don't play for 1 hour a week, you DON'T NEED an apartment or a house since you're never online anyway, I mean, come on...

5 minutes ago, Clara Tusk said:

Now they cant do that anymore since renting out need an owner being present. 

This is an interesting issue. Is there perhaps an opportunity to allow approved businesses to own a certain amount of apartments and have employees with a manager's role be given access to the new key commands?

I think you should also be aware that this update does fix certain issues. Before this, you could simply buy an apartment, set it out to public rent and then receive money with zero roleplay required. Do you not agree that it is good that this system is no more?

Just now, mj2002 said:

This is an interesting issue. Is there perhaps an opportunity to allow approved businesses to own a certain amount of apartments and have employees with a manager's role be given access to the new key commands?

I think you should also be aware that this update does fix certain issues. Before this, you could simply buy an apartment, set it out to public rent and then receive money with zero roleplay required. Do you not agree that it is good that this system is no more?

Well thats true. But dont GTAW have a whole section for inactivity reports? Wasnt it like 30 days of inactivity and the propery gets released?

7 minutes ago, Pogis said:

I really don't understand all of this fuss about ''only active players can rent'' yada yada. You can literally make 4.5k an HOUR working at ANY business. (4k + 500 unemployment bonus), so, it would literally take you ONE HOUR to rent an apartment/house out for a week.. If you don't play for 1 hour a week, you DON'T NEED an apartment or a house since you're never online anyway, I mean, come on...

Well some people who work every day, maybe want to come home and rp having fun, not come home and go rp work.

Just now, Clara Tusk said:

Well some people who work every day, maybe want to come home and rp having fun, not come home and go rp work.

If their character only has fun and never goes to work, perhaps a heavy roleplay server is not the right kind of server for them.

Edited by Pogis
2 minutes ago, Clara Tusk said:

Well thats true. But dont GTAW have a whole section for inactivity reports? Wasnt it like 30 days of inactivity and the propery gets released?

Well, if the landlord stays playing actively, they can just fetch rent with zero interaction.

Just now, mj2002 said:

Well, if the landlord stays playing actively, they can just fetch rent with zero interaction.

Its actually not that easy. I would of killed for a tenant that I could just fetch money from. Alll of the tenants who go to open rent usually quit after couple days. Just stop playing or get an exclusive apartment that requires interaction. Its just what I’ve came to learn after a year of putting my 100% into landlord rp.

5 minutes ago, Pogis said:

If their character only has fun and never goes to work, perhaps a heavy roleplay server is not the right kind of server for them.

All Im saying is that some people who enjoy text-only rp. And I think its only server with this type of traffic. Maybe just want to rp doing spare time activites.   But we’re getting off track.

1 minute ago, Clara Tusk said:

Its actually not that easy. I would of killed for a tenant that I could just fetch money from. Alll of the tenants who go to open rent usually quit after couple days. Just stop playing or get an exclusive apartment that requires interaction. Its just what I’ve came to learn after a year of putting my 100% into landlord rp.

Are you saying that the way you have done '100% landlord RP' was to put a property up for /rent and just letting anyone and everyone rent there, or am I misunderstanding you?

Just now, Clara Tusk said:

All Im saying is that some people who enjoy text-only rp. And I think its only server with this type of traffic. Maybe just want to rp doing spare time activites.   But we’re getting off track.

Lets get it back on track then. What's a good range for a weekly rent price?