Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sixth

What do you wanna see from gang RP?

Recommended Posts

Shekh    122
9 hours ago, Tsarna said:

this was literally closed because the officer that reported solved it ooc and found out they had justified reason to kill. Don't comment on things u dont even know about or werent involved in. The person who reported literally willingly dropped it.

Share this post


Link to post
Shekh    122
On 8/1/2020 at 10:48 PM, Gambler said:

Apparently we have to get EDUCATED on gang culture. As if anyone in here is part of a gang irl and why not RP it as well. Gang members have emotions too. They fear going to jail, they regret killing at time, and they get PTSD from murder once they try it. But yeah, my main suggestion is, RP FEAR. At least against mobs or any organized crime group that normally and realistically can obliterate and exterminate a gang. If you're 14-15 y/o and you get bitchslapped by a man three times your size, then RP that, instead of pulling out a marvelous and heroic comeback on someone you shouldn't.

Teen gang members are literally told from a young age to fight back, the initiations are usually them being attacked by several people, so even if they were outnumbered they're usually told to fight back. 

If you're RPing a character who's scared like that thats fine. But the average gang member wouldn't take a violation like a slap, they would 100% rather get beat up. People could even get shot over things like that if it escelates. If you're big IRL, i invite u to go to south central and try slap a random teen thats in a gang, they wont just back down and let u walk away after bitch slapping them just because ur stronger than them. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, El Ghetto Man said:

I use my faction as an example because it's what I know, but basically. Lets say my character orders one of his little homeboys to shoot a cop. No matter how he feels about it IC, he has to do it. If he doesn't? He'll likely be killed by the gang for failing to follow orders, or worse, he'll be exiled from the neighbourhood itself for being a coward.

 

Now lets say said little homeboy decided to follow my character's orders, out of fear of being killed by his own gang. He goes and shoots said officer while said officer is alone. Would you call that non rp fear/poor portrayal? I personally wouldn't. Yes, shooting at the LSPD has extreme consequences, but the LSPD has rules when it comes to coming after you, said character's gang doesn't, if you catch my drift. Said character could refuse to shoot you on the basis that you're an LSPD officer and as a consequence, various things could happen to him and/or most likely even his family. With the LSPD, all they're really gonna do if you play your cards right is handcuff you, take you for booking, maybe kick the shit out of you beforehand, and then you're gonna end up in a place (prison) where literally everybody respects you because you're a cop killer.

 

Not only that, but if said character killed said LSPD officer? Whether or not he got away with it in the end, he'd be treated like a god by his gang. There's an 18st member who killed a cop in LA close to 25 or so years ago, and he's still known by said clique of 18th Street and his name is constantly put onto walls 25 years after he was put to death by the judge.

That's interesting.

But why order to kill a cop. Like I said, there is nothing but extremely bad consequences attached to it. To me, the uninitiated, it makes far more sense to order to kill a rival gang member, or anyone BUT a cop. Worst a rival banger can do is be upset with you guys and retaliate. Where if you kill a cop, the entire city's department of (Realistically anyway) thousands of people turns their undivided rage and attention squarely onto y-o-u and everyone associated to you. 

Is it purely for the notoriety? Why do certain OG's murder their own for bringing heat to their hood, when others like this case, applaud it, different gang different rules?

Edited by Kenshi Haroku

Share this post


Link to post
El Ghetto Man    163
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Kenshi Haroku said:

That's interesting.

But why order to kill a cop. Like I said, there is nothing but extremely bad consequences attached to it. To me, the uninitiated, it makes far more sense to order to kill a rival gang member, or anyone BUT a cop. Worst a rival banger can do is be upset with you guys and retaliate. Where if you kill a cop, the entire city's department of (Realistically anyway) thousands of people turns their undivided rage and attention squarely onto y-o-u and everyone associated to you. 

Is it purely for the notoriety? 

There's various reasons that gangs like MS-13 or other Hispanic gangs put out orders to kill police officers. But what I will say is that it's generally detectives and/or decorated officers that have these kinds of hits placed on their heads. Usually it's for completely different reasons than why they send people after rivals. Most of the time if my character sends his little homie to hit a rival, he doesn't have a specific target in mind, it's more of a 'go kill somebody from this gang to prove yourself' type of thing, but lets say my character was to order a hit on a cop and send some of his members? It'd be a special type of situation where everybody understands the risks.

 

BTW for your info, when I say little homie, I'm not particularly talking about an un initiated member, I'm more referring to a lower echelon member of a street gang (freshly initiated etc) who's still being told what to do by his leaders and is still on the road to proving himself as a valuable asset. Unfortunately these types of gang members (in certian gangs) are sometimes used as cannon fodder for dangerous missions (Such as attempting to murder cops/witnesses/etc)

 

Usually it's a detective or an undercover that's getting too close to the group, maybe a gang cop who's a little too comfortable with the little homeboys, it could also be simply for the notoriety. A gang like MS-13's goal is to be quite literally known as the most vicious gang, the one with the most murders, the one with the most cliques across the country, the one with the most fear behind it etc. For most gangs, a bad reputation with the PD is a good reputation.

 

Or it could be similar to what happened in LA during one of the articles I linked. Those two detectives were shot down after they came across a shootout between two rival gangs (MS & 18), so as a result, the detectives were shot at and subsequently downed.

 

Oh, and yes. Different gang, different rules is also a thing. While some gangs will celebrate its members killing cops, others will feel the need to get rid of said member who bought heat to the gang, which is usually accomplished by either (somehow) getting said member out of the city/state, or by simply killing them in a secluded location and letting it be what it is.

Edited by El Ghetto Man

Share this post


Link to post
Jedbediah    12
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, El Ghetto Man said:

There's various reasons that gangs like MS-13 or other Hispanic gangs put out orders to kill police officers. But what I will say is that it's generally detectives and/or decorated officers that have these kinds of hits placed on their heads. Usually it's for completely different reasons than why they send people after rivals. Most of the time if my character sends his little homie to hit a rival, he doesn't have a specific target in mind, it's more of a 'go kill somebody from this gang to prove yourself' type of thing, but lets say my character was to order a hit on a cop and send some of his members? It'd be a special type of situation where everybody understands the risks.

 

BTW for your info, when I say little homie, I'm not particularly talking about an un initiated member, I'm more referring to a lower echelon member of a street gang (freshly initiated etc) who's still being told what to do by his leaders and is still on the road to proving himself as a valuable asset. Unfortunately these types of gang members (in certian gangs) are sometimes used as cannon fodder for dangerous missions (Such as attempting to murder cops/witnesses/etc)

 

Usually it's a detective or an undercover that's getting too close to the group, maybe a gang cop who's a little too comfortable with the little homeboys, it could also be simply for the notoriety. A gang like MS-13's goal is to be quite literally known as the most vicious gang, the one with the most murders, the one with the most cliques across the country, the one with the most fear behind it etc. For most gangs, a bad reputation with the PD is a good reputation.

 

Or it could be similar to what happened in LA during one of the articles I linked. Those two detectives were shot down after they came across a shootout between two rival gangs (MS & 18), so as a result, the detectives were shot at and subsequently downed.

I appreciate you trying to dumb it down for us that haven't entered the realm of that RP at all, and things like 'little homie' could easily be misconstrued so I appreciate you going further into it and adding clarification for us that would otherwise not know better. (Nor should we* (*Your average civilian) be expected to, quite honestly.)

Edited by Jedbediah

Share this post


Link to post
El Ghetto Man    163
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jedbediah said:

I appreciate you trying to dumb it down for us that haven't entered the realm of that RP at all, and things like 'little homie' could easily be misconstrued so I appreciate you going further into it and adding clarification for us that would otherwise not know better. (Nor should we* (*Your average civilian) be expected to, quite honestly.)

Nah man don't get me wrong, people who rp civilians in MY opinion need to know atleast the basics about gangs and what's what when it comes to to them.

 

Unfortunately I've noticed that some (not all) civilian rpers rp reacting pretty unrealistically to gang members. While most people are civil, some people don't realize that they're dealing with dangerous people no matter how they view said person ICly. No regular everyday civilian is gonna provoke an MS-13 member on Facebook (Facebrowser) for example, no matter how big their balls are. Let alone to provoke a member of the same gang in person, you're basically signing a death wish when you do that. I'd personally like to see civilians rp more fear of street gangs and other organisations that are out there IC. (Especially the ones with a more notorious namesake such as MS & 18).

 

99% of the regular civilians out there in reality genuinely want nothing to do with any drama revolving around gangs and for the most part only associate themselves with them at points in their life for access to narcotics and or because one of your family members is part of said gang, other than that they don't want any kind of problems with street gangs and most go out of their way to avoid offending street gangs in person or on the internet, no matter how they view or feel about gangs.

 

For that to happen here though, there needs to be more of an understanding on both sides.

 

Certain things that some people's characters do in an effort to be funny or whatever (Such as mocking gang members on facebrowser by putting K's behind certain letters where they don't belong.)

 

For example, writing a phrase such as hey man but putting a 'K' in the word like 'hkey mkan' would get you into a whole world of trouble in pretty much all cases if you live in any city where there's a gang presence. However if I acted how my character would in a situation where a player was mockingly saying 'MK' on Facebrowser for example where I subsequently found and killed them, they'd likely try to report me for it. Because most people don't understand the seriousness behind gang culture and the fact that it's quite literally something that fogs your mind and makes you see things less rationally.

 

Something that'd seem completely irrational to a normal civilian (like being shot for saying 'mKan wKhats gKood?' on facebrowser or for wearing a hat with the wrong letter or number on it) is a reality for most if not all gang members and gang bangers, because they've either been shot at before, or had a close friend killed for doing something of that nature on social media.

 

Because when you add 'K's behind certain letters, you're pretty much claiming to be a killer of whatever gang the letter you put a 'K' by represents. For example 'MK' could stand for anything from 'Mafia Crip Killer' to 'MS-13 Killer' and 'HK' would stand for 'Hoover Killer'

 

In short, if you did what i just described on Facebrowser, the reality is that your character would be falsely identifying him or herself as a threat to over 10 different criminal gangs. People end up dead for things like that, and if anybody doesn't believe me they can look up the case of Pedro Espinoza and his victim Jamiel Shaw, who was shot down in Westside Los Angeles for writing 'eK' and 'cK' on his myspace page several times, identifying him as an enemy of the 18th Street Gang and most Crip gangs.

 

Also, I feel the need to elaborate on something else. There's a difference between a gang member and a gangbanger. A gang member is someone who's part of a street gang and has been initiated, nothing more, nothing less. A gang banger is somebody who is actually out there putting in work for the street gang, furthering its agenda by killing people who they think are enemy gang members, pulling up on rivals to beat the fuck out of them, robberies, drive by's and other forms of violent crime.

Edited by El Ghetto Man
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Avon    28

It's such a provocative thread title lol everyone RP's gangs different but from what I see if people make a crip gang or blood gang or something based on a real-life gang or how that gang acts in real life they try to imitate it in-game and to be honest I find it frustrating... You don't literally have to rob everyone or attack everyone you see.

 

I RP in a gang and we don't cause any problems with anyone to be honest, we have a few scuffles with people but that's all IC and minor issues. I talk to everyone and try to adapt my RP based on the person I'm RP'ing with... I try to look at peoples demeanor and how they're typing and try to adapt what I'm saying and how I'm acting based on them and I'm in a gang.. 

 

I think it's all based on perception and the people role-playing and what they're actually trying to achieve from the gang RP they're taking part in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Engelbert    53

More realistic portrayal, more in-depth characters and less 20 gangs on 1 block stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
El Ghetto Man    163
1 minute ago, Engelbert said:

More realistic portrayal

 

1 minute ago, Engelbert said:

less 20 gangs on 1 block stuff.

no offense but ur contradicting yourself there bruv. In reality there's certain blocks that are contested between more than one gang, so it's not particularly unrealitic that there's '20 gangs on 1 block' because that's how it is in reality, they're portraying shit realistically.

Share this post


Link to post
Shekh    122
2 hours ago, Engelbert said:

More realistic portrayal, more in-depth characters and less 20 gangs on 1 block stuff.

gangs are a lot of time on the same street or even buildings right next to each other, look at the LA turf map there's literally barely any distance inbetween them.  https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1ul5yqMj7_JgM5xpfOn5gtlO-bTk&ll=34.091288205495026%2C-118.40766917964874&z=9

idek what gangs ur referring to ingame though most are pretty spread out anyways.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...