What do you wanna see from gang RP?

Sixth

20 hours ago, Artz said:

I'd like to see the good streak we have build in the area stretching between Chamberlain and Rancho continue prospering as it has the past month. We've had no major wars happening around the local gangs, some minor shootings. I feel that gangs have started to intermingle more and I have personally made friends from other gangs on my current character, even going as far as working together and handling a lot of the disputes with words. The usage of guns have also not been as prevalent as it was a year ago, if you ask me. Usually things are solved with your fists, a blade or a hammer - while still weapons, your opponent usually survives and you can decide if you want to spare them or not, which I personally have used quite a bit to deal with disputes rather than actual murder and it hasn't backfired on me yet.

Also, I feel like law enforcement has been real cool with us lately around the south. Justin Avena, Natalie Florence, Carlos Medina and Dylan Ochoa + company. It's been absolutely refreshing, being able to run into these guys, without immediately being tossed onto the ground and turned inside out, because "your shoes are blue, so let me terryfrisk you". Sorry if it went a bit out of topic.

I'm on the same boat as you when it comes to everything you said. The law enforcement side has also been really refreshing lately with certain individuals such as @Sacred and @KLVN when they come around the hood.

• Upvote 2

I feel like this covers South LS entirely, not just gangs; but it falls into factions as well. I feel as though gangs should have a certain internal rule about what they drive or what they're allowed to own as a vehicle for realism purposes. No one that lives in South LS should be flaunting a super car; that makes you a MASSIVE target; and if you can afford a car that's worth more than some of the full sized houses on the map, you shouldn't be living in the south. I've only seen this happen a handful of times with gangs, though.  To limit this, I'd suggest that they make a 100k rule if they're centered in South LS. No vehicles over 100k, just to keep a level of realism without taking away a selection of nice vehicles.

Edited by Dustyboi
  • Upvote 1

I wanna see more gang roleplay outside of South Central LS, personally. What the factions down there have going on is great, but I'm hoping to see some more of it out in West Los. Right now we've got skinhead gangs, an MS-13 clique and a Sureno gang, but honestly there's room for more, would be dope to see 18st, some other West Los barrio like Playboys/Crazy Riders or a West Los Crip/Blood gang out here.

Other than that, I agree with what the OP said here

I think gang RP is cool but right now with the way the server is with the majority of roleplayers siding against it and calling it deathmatch? I believe we should get even more immersive with the roleplay and really try to get more attention onto our characters' stories. We've had factions like GBZ, Hillside 13, SSCC, Outlaw 20s etc doing this and I think it should be a continued thing. I think that what everyone brought to the table roleplay wise is good but I think it should be expanded on just a little more.

Violence amongst gangs is more often than not labelled deathmatch by those outside of gang roleplay, not only that but when young teenage characters shoot/stab eachother it's sometimes labelled as poor portrayal... What they need to understand is that the vast majority of gang members that actively commit violence against eachother are children. It's all children killing and hurting other children, it's a horrible thing but it's a harsh reality when it comes to gangs. 26 Y/O Jose Salazar isn't gonna pull up in his rival's hood and gun down some teenager from the enemy gang, he's gonna send his little homeboy to do that, and his little homeboy 9 times out of 10 despite fearing the repercussions, is going to go do what he's told... 

Because if he doesn't? He's most likely going to die, or worse if he's part of a gang like MS-13? Someone close to him could be hurt if he decides to go against his gang's orders and/or betray his homies. Gang members don't particularly needa RP fear around this, because they already are.

Gang roleplay is already based off of fear, hate and a desperation to survive.

Regardless, I wanna see more factions roleplaying realistic rivalries. Not everything has to go straight to gun violence. Brawl your enemies, hit their block when there's fuck all people around and cross their graffiti out, approach their homegirls when their homeboys aren't around and try to hit on them, catch their members slipping, jump them, try to humiliate them... We did alot of that in my old faction Ghetto Boyz (GBZ) atleast in the FIRST generation and it was very fun for all other factions involved. I remember at the time there was a Playboys 13 faction active, we used to have back to back fights and petty shootings,

i believe a few times we even rped spraying at eachother and shooting at eachother's homes with airsoft guns because thats all either side had. ?

Edited by El Ghetto Man
4 hours ago, Dustyboi said:

I feel like this covers South LS entirely, not just gangs; but it falls into factions as well. I feel as though gangs should have a certain internal rule about what they drive or what they're allowed to own as a vehicle for realism purposes. No one that lives in South LS should be flaunting a super car; that makes you a MASSIVE target; and if you can afford a car that's worth more than some of the full sized houses on the map, you shouldn't be living in the south. I've only seen this happen a handful of times with gangs, though.  To limit this, I'd suggest that they make a 100k rule if they're centered in South LS. No vehicles over 100k, just to keep a level of realism without taking away a selection of nice vehicles.

How about made men that have the entire south-central on lockdown, though? Potentially, they are capable of owning expensive vehicles. In the process, they would not leave an environment that is 100% loyal to them as it offers them protection and countless services due to their status in the region.

Just now, joaoivis said:

Roleplay the weight of taking a life.

wdym by this? If you expect a teen gang banger to rp getting depression because they shot someone from a rival gang that they hate, then you needa educate urself on gangs in LA. OFC if you mass murder people it might affect your mind, but if a gang banger shoots someone from the rival gang it is a daily occcurance and they are desensitized to it so they wont go home and cry into a mirror, it might not even stay in their head for too long at all.

• Fenrir locked this topic