What do you wanna see from gang RP?

Sixth

I'd like to see the good streak we have build in the area stretching between Chamberlain and Rancho continue prospering as it has the past month. We've had no major wars happening around the local gangs, some minor shootings. I feel that gangs have started to intermingle more and I have personally made friends from other gangs on my current character, even going as far as working together and handling a lot of the disputes with words. The usage of guns have also not been as prevalent as it was a year ago, if you ask me. Usually things are solved with your fists, a blade or a hammer - while still weapons, your opponent usually survives and you can decide if you want to spare them or not, which I personally have used quite a bit to deal with disputes rather than actual murder and it hasn't backfired on me yet.

Also, I feel like law enforcement has been real cool with us lately around the south. Justin Avena, Natalie Florence, Carlos Medina and Dylan Ochoa + company. It's been absolutely refreshing, being able to run into these guys, without immediately being tossed onto the ground and turned inside out, because "your shoes are blue, so let me terryfrisk you". Sorry if it went a bit out of topic.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Bloodseeker said:

i would like roughly 9 out of 10 of them to choose a different area of roleplay that doesn't involve violence, and have the rest regulated & monitored by server staff so they don't end up like the former 9... at this point, this seems to be the only way of achieving mj's goal from above :^) 

on a more serious note since I'm aware that what I wrote will never happen; I'd like to see people be more considerate when it comes to killing a living breathing humanbeing. also what kipps said, I want to see it stay in character!! 

Living in a poverty stricken environment can be violent, it is what it is. 

If you dont interact with a gang or bad neighborhood, 9/10 times you won't be killed or messed with. And if you dont like the violent, you do not have to interact or role play in a gang! 

To be honest, a proper development within gangs is golden. A character starting at a specific age, learning how it all works out. (Obviously not being stupid)

But getting to learn how things are etc, based on IC screnarios. I'm not sure about here, but usually a lot of people just wanna get done with the age, development get to the shootings, get to the action and no proper roleplay were involved.

18 hours ago, Bloodseeker said:

i would like roughly 9 out of 10 of them to choose a different area of roleplay that doesn't involve violence, and have the rest regulated & monitored by server staff so they don't end up like the former 9... at this point, this seems to be the only way of achieving mj's goal from above :^) 

on a more serious note since I'm aware that what I wrote will never happen; I'd like to see people be more considerate when it comes to killing a living breathing humanbeing. also what kipps said, I want to see it stay in character!! 

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/teens-injured-killed  (it also shows the sources, all the data is in 2020, mainly summer time from that url ) this is a site that reports when a teen was injured or killed across United States in 2020 from gun violence. Violence occurs in low poverty environments. It is what it is.  There's actually a lot where I live shootout is a typical thing in an enviroment where gangs are active in especially in SUMMER, US gets crazy in low income areas.

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 12.42.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 12.51.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 12.56.56 PM.png

Edited by NBA

Actually, not much! The problem muggings of "aight, I did the patdown emote, now /showinv and give me everything you have" have been rarer these days, and instead gang roleplayers seem more realistically aware of time constraints, to the point of snatching what's presented voluntarily and bugging out to minimize exposure. It makes the experience more enjoyable knowing I am not going to lose everything to the Los Santos equivalent of the Flash.

Good work! Muggings are fun now. 10/10, would be mugged again.

Edited by DasFroggy
  • Upvote 1

Personally, I'd like to see more gangs interact better as rivals than they do now. I get the killing aspect a lot but not every gang breeds a killer or a fighter, I'd like to see someone roleplaying an individual who's in a gang that really tries to avoid putting his/her life at risk on a day to day basis and less regularly than the in-game normal. I'd also like to see allied factions actually doing ally faction shit like baseball games/football games/basketball games/cookouts/friends from each hood hanging out.

It's also rare to see people having friends from enemy neighborhoods or having friends that start off as civilians and then y'all grow up in enemy hoods, but still behaved as friends. In fact I became inspired off that last suggestion off of Lil Doc from 66 East Coast Neighborhood Crip's story on Kev Mac Videos, he had a friend from Mad Swans Bloods (66ECNHC's rivals) that was into it with his friends from ECC. Lil Doc's friend even threatened to shoot Lil Doc's friends, but he wasn't even mad at him because he knew that his gang homies did his friend wrong. However, he did warn his ECC friends about this but took no action against his best friend from Swans. The Swans friend ended up shooting at Lil Doc's homies and they were still cool.

I think gang RP is cool but right now with the way the server is with the majority of roleplayers siding against it and calling it deathmatch? I believe we should get even more immersive with the roleplay and really try to get more attention onto our characters' stories. We've had factions like GBZ, Hillside 13, SSCC, Outlaw 20s etc doing this and I think it should be a continued thing. I think that what everyone brought to the table roleplay wise is good but I think it should be expanded on just a little more.

• Upvote 2
  • Fenrir locked this topic