What do you wanna see from gang RP?

Sixth

3 minutes ago, DLimit said:

You're producing these statements as-if shoot-outs happen every day. As a former gang member from the early 2000s (which had a higher violent crime rate than 2020)... it's not like that. It isn't every day, or even every other day, within a hood. By Hood, I'm referring to a block. Let's examine Davis LTD, a location that generally has the majority of homicides within the server. Yesterday, alone? I had witnessed four murders as a gas station employee, in four different scenes. This VERY RARELY happens within ANY state in the U.S., far enough to even claim that it NEVER happens (excluding during riots, which would be labeled as one scene on server standards). Overall, we're addressing that homicide is becoming too common on the server, recommending that gangs should resort to alternative methods towards handling disputes beyond homicide. P.S. We're referring to gang-related shoot-outs, not homicide as a whole.

Not even heated Triple OGs resort to shoot-outs. They hire youths to stomp out a person.

Violence? Of course... homicide over every dang altercation? Not needed. That's the point that we're addressing.

What other methods do you recommend when a gang dispute is intense? Because if I'm being real with you, there's only so long that the whole brawl thing can be done before knives or guns are drawn regardless.

9 minutes ago, Ears Up said:

What other methods do you recommend when a gang dispute is intense? Because if I'm being real with you, there's only so long that the whole brawl thing can be done before knives or guns are drawn regardless.

If an opposing force loses a brawl, cool it off. I've rarely observed situations where sets from different hoods harass one another, on a daily basis, at retaliation for past incidences. After a brawl? It's squashed... until another case arises. Petty beefs get squashed after fights, most of the time.

Why are gang disputes getting intense, all of the time, between sets? It's not as common as one can imagine. Set wars should be minimalized, while actual internal hood R.P. should be maximized. I.E. Fist-fighting over a girl rather than continuously entering opp's territory to tag up the place. Heck, most hood fights exist when two people are intoxicated and argue over a shot of liquor or some thing petty along those lines.

People fight MORE FREQUENTLY within THEIR OWN SET than against other sets. Facts.

OG's and fams from Limehood use to fight each other, all the time, over the most pettiest of things... Wanna-be gang members fighting other wanna-bes etc... More internal conflict than external conflict. Most of the time, external rivalries were caused in high schools, as opposing sets would be in the same institution, same classes, same hallways etc... RARELY, would you observe a Crip entering a Blood neighborhood or a Blood entering a Crip neighborhood. You'd be stupid to do that.

Edited by DLimit
7 minutes ago, DLimit said:

If an opposing force loses a brawl, cool it off. I've rarely observed situations where sets from different hoods harass one another, on a daily basis, at retaliation for past incidences. After a brawl? It's squashed... until another case arises. Petty beefs get squashed after fights, most of the time.

Why are gang disputes getting intense, all of the time, between sets? It's not as common as one can imagine. Set wars should be minimalized, while actual internal hood R.P. should be maximized. I.E. Fist-fighting over a girl rather than continuously entering opp's territory to tag up the place. Heck, most hood fights exist when two people are intoxicated and argue over a shot of liquor or some thing petty along those lines.

People fight MORE FREQUENTLY within THEIR OWN SET than against other sets. Facts.

Gang wars get intense over an array of things bro. Especially with Hispanic gangs, most gangs are at war irl over women bro.

14 minutes ago, Ears Up said:

Gang wars get intense over an array of things bro. Especially with Hispanic gangs, most gangs are at war irl over women bro.

Now, since you also have experience (at least I think you had stated that you did) with gangs, in real life... How often would members of your set walk into an enemy's territory to cause problems? Please, correct me if I'm wrong if you've never experienced it in real life. Cause, in all honesty, my set wouldn't think TWICE about even rolling twenty-deep in enemy territory, regardless of our massive numbers. Crips don't enter Blood territories and Bloods don't enter Crip territories, because they'd know that it'd cause problems... real fear R.P.

P.S. You're right about wars happening over women, 100%. We've brawled over a person scamming a half-ounce of weed from a woman. Just sort of assessing how often this occurs, though, from your experience, since we're not talking statistics, any more. However... however... here was the chain of events.

1. Man scams woman for half-ounce of weed.

2. Confrontation + curses ensue between boyfriend and scammer.
3. One on One fight.

4. Two on One jumping (one day after the fight)
5. 20 on 25 man-brawl, three days after the jumping, which it ended with a man brandishing a pistol, before leaving the area. P.S. He didn't aim it at any one.
6. Beef was squashed. Incidents never escalated beyond that brawl.

P.P.S. My experience is from Black sets whom were allied with both Surenos and MS-13, yet rarely interacted with them... just smoke-out sessions to discuss hood politics. Even though we were allied, it'd only be one or two diplomats smoking it up with two diplomats from another set. I.E. Black set and MS-13.

Edited by DLimit
16 minutes ago, Ears Up said:

this is what you and most faction leaders don’t seem to understand buddy, we are not saying people shouldn’t pull out guns, what we are saying is that it’s utterly retarded to go 4deep ready to wipe out their sisters and aunties and anyone else who’s on the way just because you lost a brawl

and to answer your question, there’s numerous things you can do, rob a rival gang member, expose him on social media, force him to diss his own set, when you role play with and against decent players this kind of thing happens on daily basis, it’s not all about beating someone up and getting gunned down, if it is, i’m sorry but the faction management should have a firm grip upon it.

ill never forget the beef our faction had with sunnyside crips back in lsrp, the way they handled themselves and the beef was just so good that we would log in hoping that we would have at least one interaction with them, took almost 5 weeks to have guns out, before that it was all about death threats and catching someone slipping, pretty much what i said above. more of this should happen in here

Edited by Homie
10 minutes ago, Ears Up said:

no? who told you that? seriously buddy you gotta stop believing everything you see on the internet, yeah there might have a set beefing with another set because someone fucked a women from that other side but it’s ridiculous for you as a faction leader to come out here and say that MOST GANGS are in war just because of women. quit the bullshit, this even makes your faction look bad

if you wanna talk about this gang shit as a whole at least speak facts and not the bullshit you see on the internet, MOST gangs are beefing for decades, their newer generations were taught to hate that other set growing up, most of them are beefing and don’t even know why, it’s pure hate

dont come up with “oh it’s mostly because of women” cause u talking shit buddy

1 minute ago, DLimit said:

Now, since you also have experience (at least I think you had stated that you did) with gangs, in real life... How often would members of your set walk into an enemy's territory to cause problems? Please, correct me if I'm wrong if you've never experienced it in real life.

Heh nah bro I didn't state that I have experience with gangs, I used to do graffiti IRL and I was part of a 'crew' or whatever, but that's nothing compared to gangs in places like LA. Although. I know a couple of people who are/were about that life, so they've told me certain things here and there, they may or may not have played it up, but yknow.

Movie on though, to answer what ur asking, in my opinion? I doubt they actually go ahead and walk into their rivals' turfs very often, atleast not to cause trouble. Most gang members passing through rival territories genuinely want to get the hell out of there because they know they're in danger (Atleast from what I'm told/led to understand). 

Although, I've definitely heard of gangs going into rival territory (mainly in their cars) to press rival gangs, or sometimes running into them by chance and pressing them, that's usually where brawls happen and shit.

5 minutes ago, Homie said:

no? who told you that? seriously buddy you gotta stop believing everything you see on the internet, yeah there might have a set beefing with another set because someone fucked a women from that other side but it’s ridiculous for you as a faction leader to come out here and say that MOST GANGS are in war just because of women. quit the bullshit, this even makes your faction look bad

if you wanna talk about this gang shit as a whole at least speak facts and not the bullshit you see on the internet, MOST gangs are beefing for decades, their newer generations were taught to hate that other set growing up, most of them are beefing and don’t even know why, it’s pure hate

He's sort of right, though... from personal experience? Gangs would often fight each other because one member of a different set had approached the other set's lady. Often, a boyfriend becoming jealous when another man is speaking to their girlfriend. When the boyfriend confronts the other man, it results in egotistical wars by representing their set and claiming that "their niggas will fuck them up"... it escalates to one-on-one fist-fights, to jumpings, and then to brawls.

Sets don't just randomly enter enemy territory and say "fuck your gang"... it usually stems from altercations in high-school, most of which actually DO occur because of a girl. If you aren't trespassing on another set's hood? Guess what you're doing... trespassing on their property. The woman is their property. That's how it begins. Otherwise, these issues also stem from petty arguments in class-rooms to narcotics disputes when a customer buys weed off of another set etc... petty things in high school. Rarely, do these altercations occur because some one "walked through their hood"... gang-bangers rarely step into opposing hoods, any more, unless heavily necessary.

Edited by DLimit
3 minutes ago, Homie said:

Because it's true bro, it's a known fact. Most gangs in LA's wars originated over a chick. 

4 minutes ago, Homie said:

Exactly bro, most gangs have been beefing for decades and for the most part? The origins of their rivalries have been forgotten about, it's just a senseless feud for the most part now.

4 minutes ago, Homie said:

I mean if you can show me that it isn't then I'll believe u bro I'm willing to have my mind changed lmfao u act like im over here tryna dictate shit or something. 

18 minutes ago, Homie said:

this is what you and most faction leaders don’t seem to understand buddy, we are not saying people shouldn’t pull out guns, what we are saying is that it’s utterly retarded to go 4deep ready to wipe out their sisters and aunties and anyone else who’s on the way just because you lost a brawl

Nah bro I understand, I'm not saying I don't lmfao it's a general question.

19 minutes ago, Homie said:

and to answer your question, there’s numerous things you can do, rob a rival gang member, expose him on social media, force him to diss his own set, when you role play with and against decent players this kind of thing happens on daily basis, it’s not all about beating someone up and getting gunned down, if it is, i’m sorry but the faction management should have a firm grip upon it.

yeah ofc bro, those are all valid ways of doing things to your rivals, I (and my faction) genuinely only shoot when our hands are forced, for example if a rival gang does something to one of our homegirls, or if there's just constant attacks on us by them, then yeah man we're gonna shoot at them, but for the most part, we've been keeping shit to brawls. We're currently roleplaying a great rivalry with the new Florencia 13 faction, in which we've agreed to keep things roleplay oriented as opposed to shooting eachother constantly.

20 minutes ago, Homie said:

ill never forget the beef our faction had with sunnyside crips back in lsrp, the way they handled themselves and the beef was just so good that we would log in hoping that we would have at least one interaction with them, took almost 5 weeks to have guns out, before that it was all about death threats and catching someone slipping, pretty much what i said above. more of this should happen in here

I had a beef similar to what u describe in a previous fac of mine, we had a beef with a fac on lsrp called 46 mafia crip, their rp was pretty dope, but unfortunately in gang rp, beefs like that seldom come around.

14 minutes ago, Ears Up said:

Heh nah bro I didn't state that I have experience with gangs, I used to do graffiti IRL and I was part of a 'crew' or whatever, but that's nothing compared to gangs in places like LA. Although. I know a couple of people who are/were about that life, so they've told me certain things here and there, they may or may not have played it up, but yknow.

Movie on though, to answer what ur asking, in my opinion? I doubt they actually go ahead and walk into their rivals' turfs very often, atleast not to cause trouble. Most gang members passing through rival territories genuinely want to get the hell out of there because they know they're in danger (Atleast from what I'm told/led to understand). 

Although, I've definitely heard of gangs going into rival territory (mainly in their cars) to press rival gangs, or sometimes running into them by chance and pressing them, that's usually where brawls happen and shit.

I'm not even in L.A., and people from Set A would NEVER even THINK of driving into Set B's territory, even if rolling 4-5 deep in a car while armed. Only to perform carefully-selected hits, late at night. Never to press any one.  Even then, hits don't occur in set territory. They usually happen when walking in-between hoods. I.E. Leaving HQ to visit the plaza or stand at the bus stop. Generally, a contested area or "middle-ground" location that's away from the main headquarters of a set. 

To add on to this, as a completely different matter... unsure as to whether most people R.P. this. But... not every gang member needs a car. Most of them travel on foot or on a bike. During certain days, every one has a car. Other days, they're on a bike. Haven't RP'd in Davis, HEAVILY, since Mid-August. However, it's good to take note on that recommendation.

South-Central IS small enough for people to walk around without having to always use a bike or car.

Edited by DLimit
  • Fenrir locked this topic