What do you wanna see from gang RP?

Sixth

38 minutes ago, vally said:

doing wars, shootouts, etc, would be about faction development, the faction that manages to bring these scenes with consistency will define itself as good faction, but competing for which faction manages to simulate real life spending hours staying at the headquarter won't make it a good faction

Factions don't develop when their wiped out through a CK war on the first week of their existence.

6 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Factions don't develop when their wiped out through a CK war on the first week of their existence.

never said they must be ck scenes, but still dying after a week would be more productive for a faction than staying around the headquarter for a year

2 minutes ago, vally said:

never said they must be ck scenes, but still dying after a week would be more productive for a faction than staying around the headquarter for a year

I honestly believe that most of the server would disagree with that claim. But, to each their own. 

Edit: I mean, it's not simply "standing around the hood"... it's more of "Hood politics" and tons of other experiences that people from the hood experience beyond shoot-outs and armed robberies. People should be creative with their R.P. in the hood to enhance the R.P. experience, without having to continuously resort to violent crimes to attain that "rush".

Edited by DLimit
27 minutes ago, DLimit said:

I honestly believe that most of the server would disagree with that claim. But, to each their own. 

Edit: I mean, it's not simply "standing around the hood"... it's more of "Hood politics" and tons of other experiences that people from the hood experience beyond shoot-outs and armed robberies. People should be creative with their R.P. in the hood to enhance the R.P. experience, without having to continuously resort to violent crimes to attain that "rush".

btw it's not like they only have to carry crime scenes, they'd need to rp in their headquarters with their characters as well as they need to carry crime scenes, not to dedicate the 70-80% of their playtime only around the headquarters

Edited by vally

Reading through these posts, I think a lot of people agree that there's just a lot of violence between gangs, as in real life, but a disproportionate amount of violence between gangs that just isn't that realistic for real life. I think a lot of people who roleplay street gangs generally want the same thing, less shootouts, lets wars, and so forth. I think a big part of the issue for this, however, is new and undocumented gangs that pop up on the server. From my experience, It's all too common for new, undocumented gangs to suddenly appear with about 4-5 members, and suddenly wants to start issues with a well established faction that has been around for several months+. I think what we need in the gang roleplay is passive roleplay, definitely. However this is hard to achieve when other gangs are constantly provoking and escalating in unrealistic manners. This isn't to say gangs don't exactly passively RP. I jump around to many faction threads and love the passive roleplay I see, so this "I wish to see more passive RP" is more directed towards new and developing gangs mainly, but you know. Gang RP has it's up and it's downs. We do what we can.

• Upvote 1

I'm fairly new but so far, GTA World seems to be lacking gang presence to me. I just don't happen to see much of it.

It's necessary to remember that gangs are essentially communities. You've got teens hanging and messing around, being recruited to slang dope and whatnot, you've got people watching out for their own. They are by no means friendly to outsiders, but they're not exactly looking to cause trouble — kinda forming a rather passively hostile environment.

Just haven't really seen many examples of gang presence being roleplayed in any area beyond some graffiti, but I'd love to see more of it.

more research into 2020 gang banging so they at least feel more natural and in tune (this is especially towards latino gangs) and how they form/act towards their communities instead of going off shit like 90s TF midget/woodie/chuckie, FOX news la taggers and mainstream movies portraying old era sur gangs cus though they're accurate on some parts a lot of it's changed over the years, stuff like american me & mi vida loca is good for knowing the history of ur sht but the new gen wouldn't gaf about it unless you're playin like a 30-40 yr old OG

i also wanna see people play more civilians in the area that gang members will be acquainted with and not just seen as robbing victims as those civilians may know their families and friends etc.

also quit the shit where you just mix spanish words in sentences for the fk of it or just to be "authentic" lol. might be different in a lot of areas cus i only know what i know, but i know even in the 00s the people who did that shit were paisas who didnt perfect english or the OGs and even then it wasnt as crazy as every other sentence containing "jale" or "cuete" or "carrucha"

alot of this comes from earlier transcripts of what gangs used to be like here on gtaw though and nowadays they're very few n i've recently seen that a lot of this has been meditated by more experienced rpers. IFBG and tongva are a personal favorites

the general mentality of gangs going out their way to go rob ppl out of their hood still appears and really should be seldom. i'd rather see more functional gang rivalries be used as the medium for these kinds of acts rather than civilians being targeted like they ain't gonna call the cops on them asap to get em 18 hrs in jail.

Edited by baby woo
  • Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, baby woo said:

more research into 2020 gang banging so they at least feel more natural and in tune (this is especially towards latino gangs) and how they form/act towards their communities instead of going off shit like 90s TF midget/woodie/chuckie, FOX news la taggers and mainstream movies portraying old era sur gangs cus though they're accurate on some parts a lot of it's changed over the years, stuff like american me & mi vida loca is good for knowing the history of ur sht but the new gen wouldn't gaf about it unless you're playin like a 30-40 yr old OG

i also wanna see people play more civilians in the area that gang members will be acquainted with and not just seen as robbing victims as those civilians may know their families and friends etc.

also quit the shit where you just mix spanish words in sentences for the fk of it or just to be "authentic" lol. might be different in a lot of areas cus i only know what i know, but i know even in the 00s the people who did that shit were paisas who didnt perfect english or the OGs and even then it wasnt as crazy as every other sentence containing "jale" or "cuete" or "carrucha"

alot of this comes from earlier transcripts of what gangs used to be like here on gtaw though and nowadays they're very few n i've recently seen that a lot of this has been meditated by more experienced rpers. IFBG and tongva are a personal favorites

the general mentality of gangs going out their way to go rob ppl out of their hood still appears and really should be seldom. i'd rather see more functional gang rivalries be used as the medium for these kinds of acts rather than civilians being targeted like they ain't gonna call the cops on them asap to get em 18 hrs in jail.

Pretty decent points all throughout your post.

That's what I mean in my post above by interactions that'd give you a feel of the community. Like my character being known to be a quiet white dude working at a grocery store nearby, etc.

16 minutes ago, baby woo said:

where you from? i've lived in LA for 2 years of my life and came across a bunch of gang members, to this day here in Vegas i still end up talking with one or two every once in a while

you can't generalize like you're doing, it ain't like this in real life but you probably don't know cause you're from europe or some shit

you'll come across dudes that dress like full blown cholos and youll come across dudes that wear skinny pants, there is no main rule about this, it's each to their own.

i can't come up and say that nowadays southsiders allow blacks to get jumped in their gang just because there's a clique or two that do that

the only thing i agree on is mixing spanish words in sentences, that shit is corny as fuck and nobody does that, not even people that come from mexico, just stop with this shit.

now, what i wanna see from gang roleplay? something new, ive seen it all already, the rarest thing to come across is a fictional set with fictional rules that will still provide you immersion and look realistic. 

and to gang roleplayers, know your shit, specially yall in those white supremacist factions, yall really make it look like a joke (no offense) but i can't take any of yall seriously

most of us came from LSRP, just dont be ashamed of browsing through the old faction/character threads and taking something out of it, there's always people that know what they're doing but for some reason this is lacking here

• Upvote 1
  • Fenrir locked this topic