What do you wanna see from gang RP?

Sixth

31 minutes ago, Jola said:

Same as the PD topic, I don't think its okay to derail the topic with no real feedback or suggestions to just point out that "gang rpers are bad" with a cringe video. If you feel that the situation was not realistic, report it, we're trying make positive changes on this topic with real feedback and concerns.

I can write a feedback on it, if the video did not show it clearly.

I liked the post that some gangs research (@El Ghetto Man) what they are portraying and kudos to them. Those are probably those gangs, which will not shoot up police officers in the middle of the street during a traffic stop.

But those who do - take a slice from them and actually research about the gangs you portray. If people put in the work off game, in doing research and finding info, they probably will care more about their portrayal and RP too. 

Me, personally, would want to see gangs and gang members with stories, not just blank killing machines or as seen in video, non-realistic people.

Edited by Tsarna
2 hours ago, Jola said:

Same as the PD topic, I don't think its okay to derail the topic with no real feedback or suggestions to just point out that "gang rpers are bad" with a cringe video. If you feel that the situation was not realistic, report it, we're trying make positive changes on this topic with real feedback and concerns.

And you think that video isn't cause for real concern? 

Just now, Jola said:

No I think that this isn't the right topic to just post a video with no context. 

So a topic asking what you want or don't want to see from gang rp'ers isn't the place to post a video outlining exactly what 1 of the major issues is with gang RP. 

Gotcha. Understandable.

Just now, Kenshi Haroku said:

So a topic asking what you want or don't want to see from gang rp'ers isn't the place to post a video outlining exactly what 1 of the major issues is with gang RP. 

Gotcha. Understandable.

Kinda double standard, because if someone did that on Big Smoke's topic they'd get the same response, we don't know what happened before the video or what lead up to it, its just a video as I said use the right platform if you want to report it. We're looking for suggestions on how to make gang rp better.

4 hours ago, Jola said:

Kinda double standard, because if someone did that on Big Smoke's topic they'd get the same response, we don't know what happened before the video or what lead up to it, its just a video as I said use the right platform if you want to report it. We're looking for suggestions on how to make gang rp better.

Big Smoke’s thread and this one have to different purposes. 

one is to ask questions about LSPD, the other is to give feedback to improve. 

I have nothing more to add other than... do the research, everyone, including me. 

knowledge of how to portray something brings great RP. 

1 hour ago, Glitch said:

Big Smoke’s thread and this one have to different purposes. 

one is to ask questions about LSPD, the other is to give feedback to improve. 

I have nothing more to add other than... do the research, everyone, including me. 

knowledge of how to portray something brings great RP. 

"The idea is that I'm wanting to get a sense of what type of macro changes the community would be interested in to help our faction improve from their standpoint. I might not agree with all your suggestions nor might I find them tenable, but that does not make them any less valued. I will try to respond to this thread as often as I can and also answer any questions you might have."

5 hours ago, Kenshi Haroku said:

And you think that video isn't cause for real concern? 

Considering the PD members who filed the report about that incident have retracted it, no, it's not real cause for concern. If you knew why it happened and what led up to it (like they do now), they would accept it. I'll however agree as an outsider looking into it, it definitely seems weird.

The people who did that are already paying the price IC.

Edited by Naeno
31 minutes ago, Naeno said:

Considering the PD members who filed the report about that incident have retracted it, no, it's not real cause for concern. If you knew why it happened and what led up to it (like they do now), they would accept it. I'll however agree as an outsider looking into it, it definitely seems weird.

I think this is what people should be focusing on.

We are all outsiders to the situation, but from the looks of the report it looks like everyone was in agreement. I'd like to see EVERYONE take it IC. What I mean by this, four LSPD officers were gunned down in broad day light. That's a situation with potential for tremendous amounts of RP. PD, you can crack the whip, get aggressive with them. They knew what they were getting themselves into when they shot those officers.

1 hour ago, Naeno said:

Can you point to the part in the report that says the retracted? Because it isn't there. I see them saying that "We're not looking for punishment, we're just seeking that admins verify that there was reasonable excuse for them to act the way they did." which from the very limited view we have is quite frankly laughably abhorrent. Gunning down four sets of officers in broad daylight... the report is quite reasonably justified because without serious backup there is no reasonable outcome other than DM. Please please point out where in the report it says they retracted because AFAIK that does not exist and it would be an incredibly weird thing to lie about considering how public the information is.

E: Thank you for pointing it out!

Edited by Jedbediah
I was pointed to the evidence, which I appreciate as it wasn't available at the time of my viewing.
  • Fenrir locked this topic