Del Perro Pier PD

Tsarna

3 minutes ago, Tseard said:

Making this building a safezone will only have influence on it's direct area. The pier itself and the beach wouldn't fall under that protection. 

Again - the thing is, that realistically speaking: beach and pier are tourism areas and not only populated, but over-populated. I would any person, who thinks, that commiting robberies, grand theft auto, murder, taxation of skatepark/gym (xD this is so freakingly unrealistic xD), beatings, and other crimes, on a REGULAR basis - please show me a beach area in the US, how thats the case. We live in 2020. Oh, and yeah - it is hilarious how cars speed 110-130 mph to the end of the pier, while it is a WALKING zone and would be full of peoples. But all are terrorists, I guess, practicing to mow people down with a vehicle? Totally agree with @St3fan[NL] - beach area+pier=realism is NEEDED.

8 minutes ago, Tsarna said:

Again - the thing is, that realistically speaking: beach and pier are tourism areas and not only populated, but over-populated. I would any person, who thinks, that commiting robberies, grand theft auto, murder, taxation of skatepark/gym (xD this is so freakingly unrealistic xD), beatings, and other crimes, on a REGULAR basis - please show me a beach area in the US, how thats the case. We live in 2020. Oh, and yeah - it is hilarious how cars speed 110-130 mph to the end of the pier, while it is a WALKING zone and would be full of peoples. But all are terrorists, I guess, practicing to mow people down with a vehicle? Totally agree with @St3fan[NL] - beach area+pier=realism is NEEDED.

I'm not talking about the beach and pier and the unrealistic interactions that take place there. All I am saying is that a safezone for a police building can not be stretched over the entirety of Vespucci Beach. It only holds ground around the direct area of the police building. 

image.png.695f68fbe3b1bbfe12c1b28c67f379c2.png

Edited by Tseard
39 minutes ago, Peak. said:

I would love this but we already have one situated around the corner that covers this region. Shouldn't we just assign a patrol to go here as part of their patrol? 

Had this on LSRP didnt last very long.

Did LSRP have an active Lifeguard division that can sort of help enforce it, though? As well as, if they became a rule - people could easily just kindly remind the roleplayers attempting to commit a crime in that area that it is a non-crime area?

It'd be nice if both of these stationed were manned by PD, but realistically speaking - you can't expect PD to become beach cops permanently. I think a good middle ground is making the two police stations a non-crime area and reminding people how close the skate-park is to one police station.

Seeing people murdered and getting taxed right next to a police station is immersion breaking, especially when as others have commented - realistically speaking, the beach would be overpopulated. It's getting better, activity is increasing - but we'll never pull 200/300/400 players there.

If we go by the rules of, "You wouldn't rob someone on a high-way or in front of an open business" then you wouldn't rob someone at a beach with active lifeguard presence and two police stations within 150 meters of each other either. 

• Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1

I don't see why not make a temporary station for 6 months of the year, things like that happen in real life (At least in Albania) that during summer season there are more forces assigned to popular areas and the coast overall to facilitate the high number of tourists. It's not like anybody will go there during autumn or winter as close as in summer.

Edited by Daquan Kingston
11 hours ago, Tsarna said:

Again - the thing is, that realistically speaking: beach and pier are tourism areas and not only populated, but over-populated. I would any person, who thinks, that commiting robberies, grand theft auto, murder, taxation of skatepark/gym (xD this is so freakingly unrealistic xD), beatings, and other crimes, on a REGULAR basis - please show me a beach area in the US, how thats the case. We live in 2020. Oh, and yeah

Just because a neighbourhood  is a popular tourist spot and would (during the day at least) be pretty densely populated doesn't mean it can't be a dangerous area. Additionally, everything you've mentioned happens at the real life Venice Beach. In that neighbourhood alone there's 3-4 street gangs, not even gonna count the ones on the borders of the neighbourhood and in neighbouring areas. I'm not sure why you're acting as if a rundown, gang infested neighbourhood like Vespucci Beach is Beverly Hills just because it happens to be in the Western (and as a result, SLIGHTLY less ghetto) part of the city... It's not Beverly Hills and shouldn't be treated as such. Cause let me tell you, people get robbed and shot in Beverly Hills aswell. ?

Edited by El Ghetto Man
19 minutes ago, El Ghetto Man said:

Just because a neighbourhood  is a popular tourist spot and would (during the day at least) be pretty densely populated doesn't mean it can't be a dangerous area. Additionally, everything you've mentioned happens at the real life Venice Beach. In that neighbourhood alone there's 3-4 street gangs, not even gonna count the ones on the borders of the neighbourhood and in neighbouring areas. I'm not sure why you're acting as if a rundown, gang infested neighbourhood like Vespucci Beach is Beverly Hills just because it happens to be in the Western (and as a result, SLIGHTLY less ghetto) part of the city... It's not Beverly Hills and shouldn't be treated as such. Cause let me tell you, people get robbed and shot in Beverly Hills aswell. ?

Not true at all.

The crime statistics on Santa Monica is actually pretty low per population. Bare in mind, this is not just the beach.

• The Santa Monica CA crime rate for 2018 was 860 per 100,000 population, a 13.37% increase from 2017.
  • The Santa Monica CA crime rate for 2017 was 758.59 per 100,000 population, a 50% increase from 2016.
  • The Santa Monica CA crime rate for 2016 was 505.74 per 100,000 population, a 6.6% increase from 2015.
  • The Santa Monica CA crime rate for 2015 was 474.43 per 100,000 population, a 30.75% increase from 2014.

Whilst there has been an increase in crime over the years, most forms of crime that happen are muggings/robberies on tourists. In 2018 there were 7 murders for the calendar year of a reported 5529 incidents. I've been on scene with 7 people murdered in one incident. 

The issue Vespucci has for us is the constant murders in the vicinity of two police stations. By introducing crime free areas to those spots, it could help lower the amount of death we see on the daily in an area that realistically wouldn't be ridden with assaults and murders.

Edited by ashlyii
2 minutes ago, ashlyii said:

Not true at all.

The crime statistics on Santa Monica is actually pretty low per population. Bare in mind, this is not just the beach.

• The Santa Monica CA crime rate for 2018 was 860 per 100,000 population, a 13.37% increase from 2017.
  • The Santa Monica CA crime rate for 2017 was 758.59 per 100,000 population, a 50% increase from 2016.
  • The Santa Monica CA crime rate for 2016 was 505.74 per 100,000 population, a 6.6% increase from 2015.
  • The Santa Monica CA crime rate for 2015 was 474.43 per 100,000 population, a 30.75% increase from 2014.

Whilst there has been an increase in crime over the years, most forms of crime that happen are muggings/robberies on tourists. In 2018 there were 7 murders for the calendar year of a reported 5529 incidents. I've been on scene with 7 people murdered in one incident. 

Those are only the crimes that get reported. I promise you things still happen in Venice Beach & Santa Monica despite what you think. The area's been a gangbanger & skinhead ridden hellhole for 20 years, just like neighbouring areas such as Koreatown and Culver City.

Also, i'd say 860 crimes per 100,000 people is still quite a lot. Let alone 5529 incidents in a single area.

Edited by El Ghetto Man
Just now, El Ghetto Man said:

Those are only the crimes that get reported. I promise you things still happen in Venice Beach & Santa Monica despite what you think. The area's been a gang ridden hellhole for 20 years, just like neighbouring areas such as Koreatown and Culver City.

Yes but we're strictly talking homicides and murders here. And as shown, the actual homicide and murder rate in Santa Monica is actually very low. Whilst gangs do operate there - the main form of crime is muggings and robberies. Not "beating a 15 year old kid to death at the skate-park with a baseball bat for refusing to pay $200 to ride his BMX there". 

I'm all for crime happening in Vespucci. It would be dumb if the area was off-limits. Crime /should/ happen there. But its plagued with murders and assaults in the immediate vicinity of two police stations - there is a question of realism that comes into play when this happens frequently. And it really is daily. 

Edited by ashlyii
  • mj2002 locked this topic