Illegal Roleplay Melee Weapons Apps | Revamp Knuckles, Switcheblades & Suppliers.

Oaks.

Short description:
Allow illegal roleplayers to be able to obtain certain weapons via an application system similar to the PF License jazz.

Detailed description:

To preface;

I know this is going to cause some controversy especially given the discussions in certain Discords and so forth. I've put a lot of thought into this so that ILLEGAL FACTION ROLEPLAYERS can benefit from it. I don't mean to cause offence when I type this, but this is primarily focused at scripted gangs/factions/mobs and so forth, not some maniac alter-ego at night sportscar driving vigilante, god knows we need less of them.

Alright, so with that out of the way the idea is to be able to allow illegal faction roleplayers to be able to apply on the forums or UCP to be able to obtain such weapons that would be beneficial to their roleplay. Legal roleplayers are able to utilise the PF System in order to gain legal weapons and use them to enhance their roleplay, it seems only fair that illegal roleplayers should have something to benefit themselves also. 

The restrictions to this, I believe that only scripted factions should be able to take advantage of this. As a scripted faction, you have to go through a process of being accepted by IFM regardless, so your roleplay/threads must be up to a certain standard. Anyone who is invited into a Faction should be able to take advantage of this suggestion as to be invited you should be held to a standard anyway as you're representing an approved Faction.

If you're not invited, then you won't be allowed to use this method of obtaining melee weapons, it's merely for illegal roleplayers to be able to obtain melee weapons that make sense rather than calling up someone for a pool cue etc.

This suggestion is NOT asking for battle axes, tomahawks, hatchets or cavalry daggers, fuck all that noise.

Why is this going to help and how?

Let's be honest here, without spouting hatred to the legal side it makes no sense to myself that people are able to obtain firearms which are arguably the best weapons on the server (duh) with a simple application process, background check and so forth.

As an illegal roleplayer primarily, I'm able to obtain melee styled weapons much easier and cleaner than that, for example;

You can literally go into any kitchen and obtain a kitchen knife (most common knife used in irl crimes because of how easy it is to obtain).

You can go to a sports store and purchase the following;

• Baseball Bat
  • Golf Club
  • Pool Cue

You can go into any hardware store and obtain:

• Hammer
  • Wrench
  • Crowbar

These weapons are very easy to obtain, yet we have to ring up a supplier to obtain them, which in terms of mimicking IRL and Realism which this server pushes for heavily, it seems very silly that we have to call Pablo the Pusher and ask for a couple of golf clubs, hammer, a broken bottle (pls add) and a couple blades.

Blades I can understand, and believe that the higher valued ones should remain in the hands of suppliers. 

Combat Knives for example.

But a switchblade? You can buy these very easily, and are common across the whole of the US (Someone can call me out on this, I'm going from a friend who lives in the US word on this one). 

I'll go into detail of why switchblades shouldn't be obtained from car parts later also.

How would it work?

After thinking about it, I truly believe the UCP would be the best form of action to use this however due to it being a suggestion that enhances roleplay I will leave it in the Game Suggestions for discussions and so forth. But you would perform the roleplay in game in order to receive such items, these items would be limited to basic melee weapons such as knife,bat and so on to avoid every Tom Dick & Harry wielding a bloody axe of some sorts.

Simple application process, but the roleplay surrounding it must be performed at a high standard.

Char Name:
Faction:

Weapon(s) Requested:

Evidence of obtaining the weapon:

What will it be used for?: (Not sure about this one honestly, but it could drive up some good answers)

(I'm shit with formats, Admins etc can debate a better one if approved)

What restrictions would there be?

The main restrictions I feel would be ideal, which of course would be subject to change is;

Must be /invited into a Faction.

Player who is invited must be actively roleplaying, and been in the faction for X amount of time. (Should filter out people being invited for access).

Limited to X amount of weapons. (Personally, I think 2-4 is ideal, given they aren't firearms).

Screenshots must be up to a pre-determined par, none of this /me buys a knife in a store. 

Anything else that people think I will happily add to the restrictions.

Weapons that you would be able to obtain from this system:

• Pool Cue
  • Baseball Bat
  • Switchblade
  • Knuckles
  • Crowbar
  • Broken Bottle (pls)
  • Hammer
  • Pipe Wrench
  • Knife (So long as rp'd as a kitchen one)

Anything else should be kept with the suppliers, machetes and so forth allowing them to be obtained as normal. 

Revamp Knuckles & Switchblades

We shouldn't have to take a car apart to obtain these, should be fixed with the aforementioned system.

Aaaaand FINALLY.

I know a lot of people are going to state "but every mallrat, legal roleplayer etc can abuse this" and I say this to you.

Potentially, yes. But people who abuse this system should be subject to punishment, if you're a faction leader or similar and inviting friends so they can obtain the items then you should be subject to punishment yourself or a faction strike. We as illegal roleplayers are the blood of the server as much as people seem to think we aren't and we should be held at a high standard, especially if we're scripted in game with properties, faction permissions and so forth. 

AND, we have an admin team for a reason. If someone is abusing this then they should be subject to player punishment like the rest of us.

With the restrictions I feel we as an illegal community would benefit greatly from this, allowing only our roleplay to continue enhanced.

Commands to add:

N/A,UCP/Game Based.

Items to add:

Any in the weapon list that aren't present at the current moment.

Additional information:

Open to a criticism as a whole, if the idea is dumb then I don't mind at all. Just an idea for us illegal roleplayers to benefit further.

• Upvote 2
7 hours ago, Rumbunctious said:

Bats, crowbars, hammers and so forth can already be bought at in-game stores.

No, crowbars cannot be bought at in-game stores.

Only alternative to this suggestion is finding a supplier that has melee, which isn't as easy as you think, and when you find one then you have to do meetings with them to get machetes, makes no sense realistically. Melee weapons are not that big of a deal, just let us apply for them.  I get for guns but, why am I speaking to some high class gun smuggler to get hold of a pool cue or an axe?

Golf Clubs, Machetes, Axes, Pool Cues, Broken Bottles, Daggers/long knives (Antique Dagger), ect.  These things need to be easier to aqquire for illegal factions.

These things would be good for RP, and It makes no sense to have to meet up with some russian man in a suit to buy a machete, or have the OG from ur sureno gang meet up with la eme to buy an axe.

Letting factions apply for melee supplier even if they have another form of supplier, making melee supplier something more common/opening it back up as it's own thing and letting people apply, or letting individuals apply to get specific items like Oaks said. Those are the only solutions I see.

As for switchblades and knuckle dusters, they should be kept the same IMO they're fairly common and give the car theft system an actual reason to exist, but as for machetes, golf clubs, axes, ect, those should definently be easier to get hold of for RP purposes.

Edited by Shekh
2 minutes ago, Shekh said:

Golf Clubs, Machetes, Axes, Pool Cues, Broken Bottles, Daggers/long knives (Antique Dagger), ect.  These things need to be easier to aqquire for illegal factions.

You already can apply for a melee only supplier, there has been a few around but it doesn't seem like there is huge interest in it. Current system is fine as is.

14 minutes ago, shiroq said:

You already can apply for a melee only supplier, there has been a few around but it doesn't seem like there is huge interest in it. Current system is fine as is.

u sure? it just says weapon supplier on forums, doesn't really specify.

either way even if ur right, it's still way too hard to get those specific melee weapons, so if u want to rp with them ur essentially fucked since most suppliers are OC's and some street gang member wouldn't have contact with them.

Melee weapon supplier has been a thing, and if you have a valid and realistic reason to apply for it I'd say go for it next time the supplier applications open up. Personally, I don't think all of the other melee weapons should be held behind the supplier role though, or even behind this system. I agree that wrenches, hammers, flashlights, bats, crowbars, switchblades, knives, golf clubs, pool cues and broken bottles should be easily obtainable while the rest could be reserved for supplier positions or something similar, some of which you should be able to just purchase from specific stores.

Denied, would be a hell to manage so many single applications. You can go through suppliers for now, and having free access to more melee weapons isn't going to happen until Rage 1.1 drops, which will allow us to change the damages of melee weapons.