In-Character Graffiti Section

Garras Up

Simply put, as a substitute for the missing graffiti system that was utilized by illegal factions. I propose another section for the 'in character' part of the forums labelled graffiti, possibly a sub-section or thread for each neighbourhood in Los Santos where regular civilians and gangbangers alike to can post images of their graffiti and/or respond to graffiti posted by others by crossing them out.

Graffiti plays a big part in gang life, gang roleplay and also in everyday life in communities that the street gangs are located in. Residents often know when things are going to go south in their communities based on the presence of graffiti by one gang in their neighbourhood which has been crossed out by another, as this is usually something that points towards imminent violence.. It also marks territories and can assist players and gang members in knowing what kind of graffiti would be in their area.

• Upvote 2
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Found this golden suggestion after I published the graffiti guide yesterday.

Huge support, as even with the /cim system somewhat working on keeping graffitis on walls for up to a week, this is still an issue.

My two cents to this now is the thread structure.

I'd say that there should be threads for each pieces like this:

1) - pieces that are clearly affiliated with a certain gang/movement (Thread name: [GangName]/[MovementName] - [Location])

2) - pieces that carry the tagged signature of a known artist. (Thread name: [ArtistName] - [Location])

3) - pieces that don't have any clear affiliation (Extra "Others" section > Thread name: [Location])

These threads should contain a picture of the graffiti and if necessary: emote (marked with a *)

Another important thing I think should be added is a clear indicator where these pieces are located.

I suggest having a screenshoted location of the map added below the original piece inside a 'Spoiler' segment.

Something that could also be possible is over-spraying or removal of individual pieces, adding it in the following way:

"* A rather new coat of paint would be covering up the graffiti, that was once located on the wall"

OR

"* A completely differerent graffiti can be found on the wall (( Link to Thread ))"

Something that should also be possible is the simple overtagging and destroying of the piece. It would be still be visual below the tags, so the tagger should add the tags and then post the "destroyed" piece below the original, also including a * if necessary.

This way, graffiti wars could actually take place and competition would emerge out of it.

Overall, I think this would be a good addition.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

As long as there is a relation to the graffitis ingame through e.g. an admin placed info marker, I am okay with it. Otherwise, it has little to no use considering not everyone wishes to keep themselves updated on the forums to know whether or not that 'clean' wall ingame is tagged or not. 

There has also been a suggestion of combining the info marker with note system images, if that suggestion is ever picked up and possible to be scripted, it would make this idea and forum section obsolete. 

I like this idea and support it, however I have to also agree to orca. I think notes or info marker need to be placed to wherever the graffiti was made. After all, this increases the rp Potential and creates another environment to have a look at, especially for new and old gamers to give it a go, maybe!

• mj2002 locked this topic