UCP Turf Map

Just now, PapaDoc said:

I think not bro. If anything I think turf maps on the UCP should be exclusive to street gang style factions all other turfs should be private to IFM only. Street gangs are obvious as hell to see, so why not make it to where Bloods/Crips/Hoovers/Surenos (etc) turfs are viewable on the UCP while Mafias/Bikers/Crime Orgs are not because those are illegal factions that require in-character access.

Hm, interesting.

We can agree to disagree. ?

Just now, Wirbelwind said:

Hm, interesting.

We can agree to disagree. ?

Basically when I said "require in character access" it's not obvious when someone's in a mafia faction, maybe a biker faction but they use clubhouses anyway don't they? Anywho, it's easier to spot a street gang's hood than it is to spot a mobster or a person in a crime organization with a naked civilian eye.

Not sure if someone already posted it but here's the thread to the turf system that was used a while back and disbanded:

I honestly am for this but it does have it's pros and cons, I wont go through them as they already have been listed plenty of times but with everything you're going to have your up's-and-down's. I feel as though the rewards far more outweigh the risks with this one though. 

58 minutes ago, aldo said:

whats wrong with this idea? the la gang map is easily accessible to anyone that wants to view it? how is this any different?

Because an arbitrary map haphazardly constructing gang jurisdictions like some kind of established autonomous zones designed to determine, control and restrict roleplay is very different from a gang map made by somebody out of interest in gang culture. People can keep a gang map IC, or OOC. What is being suggested here is a map that renders defacto power to warlords who manage to squeeze through administrative requirements to claim very limited real estate, and subsequently want to use that in an effort to extend influence that they don’t have. That’s the difference.

17 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Because an arbitrary map haphazardly constructing gang jurisdictions like some kind of established autonomous zones designed to determine, control and restrict roleplay is very different from a gang map made by somebody out of interest in gang culture. People can keep a gang map IC, or OOC. What is being suggested here is a map that renders defacto power to warlords who manage to squeeze through administrative requirements to claim very limited real estate, and subsequently want to use that in an effort to extend influence that they don’t have. That’s the difference.

as long as its kept IC then its no problem

I'm kind of for a Turf map, just to add some organization to the gang scene. I feel it needs to be unofficial. Like someone suggested it's easy to look up turf maps irl for certain cities, I just don't think it should be hardwired to the server/scene/ to the point where it's going to cause issues. Keep it IC as much as possible. It'd also help if you're looking to start a new faction or roleplay in the cracks being to see or have an idea of where you'd like to begin.

I think a turf map would be fully reasonable for factions with a stable foundation, taking for example Hillside 13, which has been up in El Burro for a while and has shown consistent activity. It’ highly realistic that most people know where they reside or plan to visit, there’s way too many clueless players on the server. Since there’s no real graffiti system on the server as of now a turf map should also show that there’d be visible graffiti associated to the street gang until maybe one day we get a good graffiti system.

For now it is confusing and there are a lot of players who maybe want to start a project/faction of their own. I’ve for example been punished in the past for ‘creating a faction in anothers territory’, 

Fully behind this.

Edited by gachette!
13 hours ago, eTaylor said:

Put down the grammarly.com and actually make sense. Your argument is subpar man lmao. 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, PapaDoc said:

Put down the grammarly.com and actually make sense. Your argument is subpar man lmao. 

Yes, because resorting to personal attacks instead of responding to the posted content always reinforces your position and arguments. Positively not a fallacy either. Would you prefer if I typed in African-American Vernacular English for your reading pleasure? I would most definitely be broken if I were to upset you with words.

• Upvote 2