UCP Turf Map

Just now, MickeyO said:

My guy, trust me. I did. Speak for yourself.

I would show you evidence but that would compromise a lot of shit.

Buddy. Clearly you didn’t. Otherwise this wouldn’t have been a thing. A magical turf map wouldn’t have protected you. People are free to roleplay as they wish. You don’t run a monopoly on city blocks. People are free to roleplay and live where they please. If 4 guys want to start a crew in another territory there shouldn’t be a problem. The problem should only occur when that crew starts shit with a large established gang. Territories overlap IRL as wel, and criminal enterprises aren’t on equal planes.

37 minutes ago, Nervous said:

This already happened many times, the faction was denied very quick and forced to disband. You have an IFM discord to contact us immediately if such things happen, and we enforce the server continuity.

We also force CKs on new groups that are way too agressive with current occupants whereas they've been established for 2 days versus 6 months.

So far this has never been a long lasting problem and it was always solved very quick, so it's not a good one for this thread.

What about the legal side, I.E: Me as a citizen, I purchase a house in a crime free area, then suddenly tomorrow it becomes a gang nest? In real life things don't change like that within a day, and keep in mind that a property is a big investment when it comes to it's value from a realism point of view, and it's weight into the roleplay background of your character. I can't imagine spending 200,000$ in real life to buy a good apartment, and tomorrow wake up to see a  bunch of teenagers stabbing everybody underneath it like in the server. This is why I think this suggestion has a lot of good aspects, even for people who role play legal citizens.

I disagree, it destroys the whole purpose of IC knowledge and learning about the gangs. How about areas that are held by multiple faction, like Little Seoul, Vespucci, Morningwood, Sandy and Grapeseed? Honestly, this would be borderline metagaming and I don't see any point of adding it as it adds an unwanted and unnecessary RPG factor that no one benefits from. 

@eTaylor when you or others say this is an RPG element, but then encourage people to fall into non realistic provocations that could easily lead to an OOC plotted setup for a good faction to get arrested or just take L's with the cops, it's just wrong. The way things work right now is indeed like an RPG, why? Because if you say play Gang Wars 2.1 and forget about lore and the effort you've placed roleplaying human beings, just be shooting robots, well, that's not what a HEAVY TEXT rp server is about. "Phat" lore as you call it SHOULD matter in a heavy text roleplay server, and lore it's not about how bad ass a gang has been bro, it's about a faction identity and concept.

If a faction has earned this by months of activity it's good. And it is NOT about street soldiers, you clearly have NO idea of what you are talking about. DM unrealistic scenarios have happened, I've witnessed some as well as all the people who support this who actually are involved in this sort of RP. Admins usually take time to react and by when they do, it's too late, damage has been caused IC already to the good faction that was unrealistically provoked.

I don't think anyone who is in denial of the suggestion has gotten the point.

1.- This would be for street gangs, not mobs.

2.- This would be for ACTIVE factions with MEMBERSHIP that, not just because they have guns and "street soldiers" and strong alliances, want to engage in stupid provocations whatsoever that could build an investigation on them due to an UNREALISTIC scenario.

3.- If you say just use your IC muscle to solve it, you are in an RPG gang wars mentality, because what the gang community wants is an instrument for admin action to be QUICKER and more efficient, because clearly is not the case right now.

4.-  This is not METAGAME, anyone saying this is just not reading anything of what we said, so please do so or explain how can this be MG abused.

Y'all acting completely irrelevant, is not like there's A LOT of active illegal factions, the ones that are, are always there, posting their progress, it's a hand pick from a bunch, and they deserve their lore, concept and area realistically protected because as someone also said GTAW = NOT real life. Servers need some scripted element to keep things balanced, therefore ROE exist.

@nateX Little Seoul just has the Koreans and MS13, it's not like Los Santos is super huge and the ghetto areas are even smaller, as we said factions can share turf and all, when a faction is not trollish is clear and IC negotiations happen, all is good. But when there's some OOC bad intentions, a tool like this is needed so action is taken quicker.

Also when someone wants a turf, this map can be a good instrument to contest for it in an organized way with some new ROE.

Not to mention how hard it is to get houses in the ghettos due to the ones holding them to sell them on sky high prices are still around.

Want a completely IC solution to this? How about we remove PK's then so everyone actually fears on their actions.

Edited by ElDiablo
51 minutes ago, nateX said:

I disagree, it destroys the whole purpose of IC knowledge and learning about the gangs. How about areas that are held by multiple faction, like Little Seoul, Vespucci, Morningwood, Sandy and Grapeseed? Honestly, this would be borderline metagaming and I don't see any point of adding it as it adds an unwanted and unnecessary RPG factor that no one benefits from. 

Nailed it.

As I said previously, I'm fine with this being a thing only accessible for IFM.

Not for the UCP.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Wirbelwind said:

Nailed it.

Not for the UCP.

I can agree and support on that, a private updated map for IFM, but maybe it could be viewable by the faction leaders that are part of it? in order to make sure that IFM has it well updated and such and provide any feedbacks if needed.

8 hours ago, Katja said:

I live in Chicago. I assure you that no real street gang is referring to a turf map when trying to establish themselves.

I live in California home of gang banging.

The turf maps are usually made by people with gang knowledge or police officers to keep civilians safe. 

Not to mention, Chicago also has a turf map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1FVUBmjkxRobrU39d8e2cL_WhwwHa7bvh&ll=41.90929333243948%2C-87.72169335225465&z=12

Edited by Hustle
4 hours ago, MickeyO said:

This has not been solved very quick and I can give a recent example. BD's they were around and the only reason why they stopped being around is not because of admin justice it's because players had to war them constantly. No ck's were forced, nada. It got to the point where four/five factions teamed up to wipe them out. 

4 hours ago, eTaylor said:

Sounds like nobody files for the appropriate CK’s or filed the appropriate reports and complaints. Should’ve locked your block down tighter and filed accordingly.

@eTaylor He's not the only one who went on file to report against the BDs lmao. I did it when I was trying to start a gang in that area and you know what happened? Nothing, nothing happened at all which is why I stopped roleplaying in that area (Strawberry) completely.

5 hours ago, eTaylor said:

This is essentially the entirety of your post. It’s stupid, this is metagame. If you as a gang have turf you have that turf. Lore doesn’t change because you have a map. People aren’t going to stop, check a map and read lore before roleplaying. You can have a phat lore talking about how badass your gang is and how you claim a block but when you only have 4 dudes, it’s stupid. Now imagine if another organized group comes along with diversified members covering different zones providing different avenues, now they have to apply to you to be able to play and set up?

This is stupid, it gives no form of meaningful recognition only arbitrary claims that have no credence in the real world. Half of these gangs start their own drama anyway, they’ll bang on some fools and start a fight they can’t win because of their inexperience or ignorance. I’d rather not give people the power to hide behind a stupid meaningless IC OOC mixing map. It’s IC, keep it IC. Claim your hood IC through actual claims, not a map on some forum or website. Gangbang, keep your numbers up, diversify and expand. Maps are only beneficial to whiners and LSRP idealists.

My brother you do realize that I had a faction called South Side Carson Crip and we did "gangbang" 24/7 right? But each and every time we "gangbanged" on an individual it ended up with a sour OOC interaction and multiple reports against us (some we've won). And due to other players trying to create a bad rep for us I'm sure that the trust that admins had with us at the beginning dwindled down to nothing because of others complaining on how we "gangbang". Apparently "gangbanging" is what got gang roleplay ignored/insulted by admins & players who don't care to participate in it and most of our suggestions usually get trashed or revoked because some of the gang community aren't fluent in roleplaying as much as deathmatching.

You want to know why? Shit happened in the turf and some of the admins that took on these reports were not aware of us being stationed on Brouge Avenue. Dude, we NEED a turf map. Period point blank.

Edited by PapaDoc
3 hours ago, Wirbelwind said:

Nailed it.

Not for the UCP.

I think not bro. If anything I think turf maps on the UCP should be exclusive to street gang style factions all other turfs should be private to IFM only. Street gangs are obvious as hell to see, so why not make it to where Bloods/Crips/Hoovers/Surenos (etc) turfs are viewable on the UCP while Mafias/Bikers/Crime Orgs are not because those are illegal factions that require in-character access.