UCP Turf Map

As it was said already, there is an easy way to metagame gangs and their turfs, even who is in the gang, by simply reading their threads. A turf map would by no means be anything new to be abused, given the gangs don't even hide and update their roleplaying and faction threads daily.

The map also would not serve to IC purposes, but imagine how many gangs are in Los Santos, yes and Illegal faction management have to keep track on them no? I think personally think, this would also help them to manage the gang factions. Not to mention one and personally for me the MOST important thing. Getting on the map, means you are no longer in the shadows and what is technically a common sense ie you represent your faction when you roleplay, being in a recognized gang, should remind you to stick to that rule. Because let's be honest, there are factions that put their efforts, time and their heart into their roleplay, they do not simply roleplay a gang, they roleplay people in a gang. And then there are factions which let's be honest are a carbon copy of a faction next door. I know I know, what would you want from a gang? Well you know irl it's not really bout daily beefs and yelling at people who don't live there.

Edited by Engelbert
10 hours ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

It’s unrealistic when countless factions claim the same area. And it spikes unrealistic amounts of mass murder that are always “IC”. 

dont support.  Certain factions in the past have claimed a large area and complained when a faction rps there even though the area isn't small. An official turf map would just make that problem bigger since the the server would be recognizing their turfs officially.

Want to count several streets as ur turf? do it ICly, dont force factions from not opening there. This happened in the past with me where a faction claimed countless streets and complained because we wanted to rp on one of them, but now this would make it even worse because there's gonna be an official turf map. 

If a faction literally opens in the middle of ur territory and does it with terrible RP, then I would say you report the faction.  I agree with the premise that factions shouldn't just rp in the middle of others turfs, but this creates a lot of problems that nobody is giving any solutions to. What if someone tries to complain a turf way too big? What prevents PD and other factions MGing this and just showing up on ur turf to beef? Do you expect FM to individually vet every faction and make sure they have the numbers and actively rp in all the areas they want to claim?

Edited by Shekh
  • Upvote 1
10 hours ago, MickeyO said:

No. Do you think Playboy 13 is going to say fuck it and set up a clique in MS-13 territory irl? No.

It happens. One of MS-13's first ever cliques to form in LA was formed right in the heart of Playboys 13 turf, this caused Playboys 13 to lose that turf... although this is rare, so I see where ur coming from. Gangs typically stick to their boundries and avoid fucking with eachother's turfs unless they're enemies. 

Although, the whole 'turfs are IC' thing needs to be addressed. We've got factions starting up in territories that are ruled by already established gangs all the time. I think the existing factions should be able to mark a block or two via sending a request to FM. The addition of turf maps would ease up disputes between players, lower dming and stop players from starting where other factions already are.

Edited by El Ghetto Man
44 minutes ago, Shekh said:

dont support.  Certain factions in the past have claimed a large area and complained when a faction rps there even though the area isn't small. An official turf map would just make that problem bigger since the the server would be recognizing their turfs officially.

Want to count several streets as ur turf? do it ICly, dont force factions from not opening there. This happened in the past with me where a faction claimed countless streets and complained because we wanted to rp on one of them, but now this would make it even worse because there's gonna be an official turf map. 

If a faction literally opens in the middle of ur territory and does it with terrible RP, then I would say you report the faction.  I agree with the premise that factions shouldn't just rp in the middle of others turfs, but this creates a lot of problems that nobody is giving any solutions to. What if someone tries to complain a turf way too big? What prevents PD and other factions MGing this and just showing up on ur turf to beef? Do you expect FM to individually vet every faction and make sure they have the numbers and actively rp in all the areas they want to claim?

We have mentioned that this would be implemented with requirements and regulations, haven't we? No where has someone ever stated that factions would claim unrealistic big amounts of anything?

This is to protect whatever is already claimed IC by solid street gang factions from unrealistic OOC happenings. Not to aid factions in any OOC way.

Everything should be done properly and street gangs should only get the area where they are mostly active around. 

I dont how this hurts anyone's role play. You already have to get approved to be an official faction. 

To the players saying it'll keep others from setting up, you wouldnt realistically set up in another's turf anyway.

Another benefit to this one is that people will join existing factions instead of always trying to make new ones.

I see a lot of narrative from the gang roleplayers that are for this. Here's one coming someone, albeit one who isn't playing at the moment, which can offer a different opinion.

There's a lot of talk about respecting IC lore and helping established street gangs. All of that is fine and swell, but I find it rather ironic that nobody bats an eye when continuously groups that feel they are entitled on some egotistic power trip step into a territory with their OOC pals and completely overwrite the pre established lore of the faction that came before them. You can't claim you've ruled with an iron fist for decades a week after an 8 month old faction shuts down and then get upset OOCly when the next group comes along to challenge you, it's hypocrisy. I don't see many who aren't guilty of that in the gang community at the moment, sadly.

Personally either way the coin lands it won't make much of a difference. I see zero weight in the arguments offered that it will be abused, factions claim too much turf, it will be metagamed, etc, etc. There's so much metagame already happening through the forums and discord that a colorful map with some boxes and gang names sure as fuck won't do much more damage. Give the people what they want.

By the way, are you all going to push and shove eachother around to decide who has the right to be on said map? I know the one floating around on discord seemed to be the product of favoring certain groups because of who they're friends with. It's either everybody or nobody, because if this hits the server? It's no longer owned by a friend group in the gangland discord. Whether you appreciate the faction or not, they're going to be able to have their turf showcased and respected just as much as yours.

I'm not directing my response at one person in particular, nor at the OP. It's just an observation more or less.

Edited by Chef
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

Half of what you-- infact most of what you said is invalid. How is it metagame? The most you'll get from a turf map is seeing where a faction operates which you already see on their thread, and people check the thread more often than not to also MG locations of houses, etc. I love honestly how the MG argument is brought up, but it's clearly invalid.

Invalid? Just because you see a faction talking, having discussions in one part of a map doesn't mean that's where they "operate" in. Personally, I have no clue on 90% of South LS turf situation because i don't involve myself with that side of the map. And guess what, it's great because i have no clue who is who, if i need information i have to go out and find out icly somehow. Put up a map of "turfs" and now you gonna get people going from turf to turf looking for that faction and they will go "hey bro, uh i heard there is some business to do down here" Not everyone checks every thread, this suggestions makes absolutely no sense let's be real. If you want power and respect ic? Earn it, i know a few factions that have been around for over a year now and they are very powerful in terms of IC and they are heavily respected by most due to what they have built, If you want to create a faction and have a "turf" over a week, well guess what that's now how it works. Build it from scratch. No one was born as the top dog anywhere.

Because at the end of the day, no matter what some ooc map says, if someone doesn't like you and you gave them a reason to dislike you they are going to walk all over you and not care for your "turf" if you can't back that turf up icly.

EDIT: If there is factions that set up in areas that make no sense, report them. That is an IFM issue and factions shouldn't be accepted in areas that it makes no sense for them to be in.

Edited by shiroq
45 minutes ago, ElDiablo said:

We have mentioned that this would be implemented with requirements and regulations, haven't we? No where has someone ever stated that factions would claim unrealistic big amounts of anything?

This is to protect whatever is already claimed IC by solid street gang factions from unrealistic OOC happenings. Not to aid factions in any OOC way.

Everything should be done properly and street gangs should only get the area where they are mostly active around. 

Fair enough. I support this then and can see how it could be a good thing, but only if it is ensured by IFM that there's nothing weird happening like people claiming places they don't even RP in, which would be pretty hard in the long run and might be a reason they deny this since it will take some policing to make sure inactive facs aren't taking a lot of space, or factions aren't taking up unrealistic amounts of space/spaces it makes no sense for them to be.

11 hours ago, Katja said:

Turf maps don’t exist in the real world.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1ul5yqMj7_JgM5xpfOn5gtlO-bTk Yes they do, especially for cities such as LS/LA where there's gangs pretty much everywhere. It's common knowledge to most people in these communities which gang rules where, there's never any confusion, there's never any random gangs popping up in other turfs, unless it's an already established gang trying to take another established gang's turf by like half a block or so.

• Upvote 1