Server Rules: Questions and Answers

3 hours ago, Narinna said:

Wow that's crazy... no wonder there's so many people who just rob people in this town, they win no matter what.

You are expected to RP at all times, but there's nothing wrong with putting in a /report during an RP, either. If you feel like you're getting PGed, I don't think admins will mind at all if you /report and let them know. They have the authority to come in and stop the scene. If there are no admins on, that's where you kind of just have to roll with it and report it afterwards, I think. That still sucks, but at least when there's admins it's not always going to be like that.

• Upvote 1

This pertains to the wording under the Power gaming section, mentioning robbing people in populated areas. My question is in a situation such as a robbery down at the courier docks (especially in broad daylight) where ICly obviously it's a ghost town, but in IRL circumstances a place like that would have security, workers, cameras, etc.

So, is that area to be treated as presented in-game, as a non-populated area, or would it be looked at realistically as being a place that would otherwise in real life be extremely busy? Similarly, the Airport is listed as a crime-free zone, which under the same logic, would be populated with police, security, workers, etc, but in-game it's a ghost town just like the port. Shouldn't the same logic be used down at the Port in terms of allowing crime?

I get that there's an element to letting people RP, but frequent robberies down at a main city port, especially in broad daylight, just seems way out of place to be honest. Would like to hear some clarification on this, please and thank you.

Edited by Polleus
On 5/13/2019 at 11:10 AM, Narinna said:

Wow that's crazy... no wonder there's so many people who just rob people in this town, they win no matter what.

Honestly that is the main reason I keep my ShadowPlay running at all times (I set it to record last 20 minutes, yes it makes a heavy file but definitely captures the beginning of the scene most of the time), so in case such a shit show happens where the other party fails to accept loss and try to Powergame or report me, I can save the video of the situation & present it to the admins in case where I or the other party place a forum report allowing them to have more perspective on how the scene went down. 

I've seen allot of reports containing only screenshots that show text chat mostly, and the moment the other party posted a video of the scene you see in some instances that the person who opened the report is at fault and not the reported person. So honestly, if I get into a situation where I encounter a person who tried to harm any of my characters once, lost the situation and reported I tend to avoid the areas where said person could be mainly due to the reason he represents a low roleplay level which I don't accept honestly.

• Upvote 1

On 5/13/2019 at 3:02 PM, Sabess said:

You are expected to RP at all times, but there's nothing wrong with putting in a /report during an RP, either. If you feel like you're getting PGed, I don't think admins will mind at all if you /report and let them know. 

Honestly, the way people pay2play and just try to win every RP scenario no matter what, everyone should just /report IG before RPing anything bigger than just visiting a bar or a club.

7 hours ago, Polleus said:

This pertains to the wording under the Power gaming section, mentioning robbing people in populated areas. My question is in a situation such as a robbery down at the courier docks (especially in broad daylight) where ICly obviously it's a ghost town, but in IRL circumstances a place like that would have security, workers, cameras, etc.

So, is that area to be treated as presented in-game, as a non-populated area, or would it be looked at realistically as being a place that would otherwise in real life be extremely busy? Similarly, the Airport is listed as a crime-free zone, which under the same logic, would be populated with police, security, workers, etc, but in-game it's a ghost town just like the port. Shouldn't the same logic be used down at the Port in terms of allowing crime?

I get that there's an element to letting people RP, but frequent robberies down at a main city port, especially in broad daylight, just seems way out of place to be honest. Would like to hear some clarification on this, please and thank you.

This is actually the exact scenario I was in, probably the same person. It was at the courier docks. I think it should be listed as a crime-free zone because really, all they're doing is waiting for people to earn money then taking it from them immediately.

1 minute ago, Narinna said:

all they're doing is waiting for people to earn money then taking it from them immediately

Crime-free or not robbing from the courier job should be considered metagaming, seeing as they know the character is getting paid in cash. If courier jobs paid directly into the bank there would be no robberies there at all.

10 minutes ago, Pan Grama said:

Crime-free or not robbing from the courier job should be considered metagaming, seeing as they know the character is getting paid in cash. If courier jobs paid directly into the bank there would be no robberies there at all.

Very solid point.

11 minutes ago, Pan Grama said:

That's a bit of a stretch; people are robbing you because they see an opportunity, not because you carry cash. You don't get safety zones in real life if you get paid cash for your job. Invest in conceal and carry or find a way to protect yourself. Blotting the map with all these safe zones is unrealistic.

• Upvote 1
Just now, zUgg zUgg said:

That's a bit of a stretch; people are robbing you because they see an opportunity, not because you carry cash. You don't get safety zones in real life if you get paid cash for your job. Invest in conceal and carry or find a way to protect yourself. Blotting the map with all these safe zones is unrealistic.

While I agree with you for the most part, are we really gonna say people are gonna rob people at the courier jobs cause of the "opportunity?" Back when the double pays were a thing, the moment some robber saw the OOC title, they'd hop on their bike and rush there. It's not really opportunity. They'd use OOC info to go there to easily get rich by targeting people getting paid double. Plus, the docks are filled with CCTV plus dock security. Robberies wouldn't be worth it IRL as there's too many risks. While I do agree that throwing down too many safe zones is silly, the robberies have really been getting out of hand with fairly unrealistic scenarios.

• Keane unpinned this topic
  • Björk locked this topic
  • Björk unlocked this topic