Server Rules: Questions and Answers

4 hours ago, Rekhoem said:

Can we get a proper, in-depth and official definition of "PK" and how it is to be carried out/roleplayed afterwards?

Basically, a PK means that you would forget any details and specifics leading up to a situation resulting in the PK of your character. Meaning your character would still have all the development and memories from before, just minus whatever lead up to the death of your character at the time that resulted in a PK. If you need anything more feel free to leave me a PM on here and I'll gladly answer you back as soon as possible.

5 hours ago, SpawnMatrix said:

Basically, a PK means that you would forget any details and specifics leading up to a situation resulting in the PK of your character. Meaning your character would still have all the development and memories from before, just minus whatever lead up to the death of your character at the time that resulted in a PK. If you need anything more feel free to leave me a PM on here and I'll gladly answer you back as soon as possible.

I think he wants a more in depth PK rule so there is no more confusion with admins and other players.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Fernando said:

I think he wants a more in depth PK rule so there is no more confusion with admins and other players.

What he said.

Currently, some people use PKs as means of escaping injuryRP or voiding situations that could get them in IC-Trouble alltogether

(See this thread:

)

So to avoid further abuse and misuse of some "Shadow Rules", a proper in-depth explaination including what a PK must not be used for would be really great ^-^

6 hours ago, Rekhoem said:

What he said.

Currently, some people use PKs as means of escaping injuryRP or voiding situations that could get them in IC-Trouble alltogether

(See this thread:

)

So to avoid further abuse and misuse of some "Shadow Rules", a proper in-depth explaination including what a PK must not be used for would be really great ^-^

I see what you mean now yea, I'll bring this up to the staff team.

Hi. I don't understand this scenario on the quiz.

Katie is a police officer within the Los Santos Police department, freshly recruited. Katie recently bought a small apartment, spending all of her money on it. Her dream's to buy a brand new elegy for herself but she cannot buy it due to her low paycheck, so she decides to mine for the money. Eventually, after some mining, Katie makes enough money for the sale, buying herself that car and even a house. What's wrong with this scenario? (At least 2 paragraphs are expected)

On 11/6/2018 at 2:21 AM, asv321 said:

Hi. I don't understand this scenario on the quiz.

Katie is a police officer within the Los Santos Police department, freshly recruited. Katie recently bought a small apartment, spending all of her money on it. Her dream's to buy a brand new elegy for herself but she cannot buy it due to her low paycheck, so she decides to mine for the money. Eventually, after some mining, Katie makes enough money for the sale, buying herself that car and even a house. What's wrong with this scenario? (At least 2 paragraphs are expected)

Consider the realism level of a police officer who decides to mine in order to gain extra cash, and all of a sudden is able to purchase a high-end vehicle and a house (the dealership price of Annis Elegy Retro is $265,000 and a middle-class house would be around $250,000, for reference).

You will obviously have to elaborate in detail and explain what's wrong with this scenario on your own; what I wrote above is merely a hint.

Edited by Franelli
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been wondering about something. 

The rules state that you can't rob for over 5000$, but is that only counting actual cash or is that also items? 

Like say a person is carrying or is storing fish, copper or alchohol on their person or vehicle. That sold would be worth more than 5000$ can you then take it all or does the rule prevent you from taking the stuff from their person or their car and its content

5 hours ago, Netsrac said:

I've been wondering about something. 

The rules state that you can't rob for over 5000$, but is that only counting actual cash or is that also items? 

Like say a person is carrying or is storing fish, copper or alchohol on their person or vehicle. That sold would be worth more than 5000$ can you then take it all or does the rule prevent you from taking the stuff from their person or their car and its content

This only applies to cash. Any item can be stolen as well - this is not overtly stated in the rule, but the ruling on a particular player report implies that items do not count to the cash limit. Worthy to note is that items do not factor into the rule at all, which means you could potentially steal $5,000, a truckload of ore, a shotgun, two pistols, and a taco if the target of the robbery has all of these things.

10 hours ago, Smilesville said:

This only applies to cash. Any item can be stolen as well - this is not overtly stated in the rule, but the ruling on a particular player report implies that items do not count to the cash limit. Worthy to note is that items do not factor into the rule at all, which means you could potentially steal $5,000, a truckload of ore, a shotgun, two pistols, and a taco if the target of the robbery has all of these things.

Yeah thats what I thought, thanks for making it clear.

• Caporegime changed the title to Server Rules: Questions and Answers
  • Keane unpinned this topic
  • Björk locked this topic
  • Björk unlocked this topic