Server Rules: Questions and Answers

Just now, jcat said:

Well, it shouldn't be, considering the maturity level I see ingame.

I'll elevate this question to Staff.

Dont need staff to tell you theres no age limit on gtaw buddy. Players below the age of 18 can be mature enough to be in a roleplay environment.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 3

CCTV are permitted within a person's residence, if a player has mounted cameras outside their residence, in their vehicles or any place filming the public, they must get the consent of all parties involved.

So as a victim you can't do anything at all to defend your property? I mean as a criminal I would steal a car and always say no if the CCTV is hanging near the car. Feels like this is so much in favor of a criminal.

Edited by NukeDuck
6 hours ago, NukeDuck said:

CCTV are permitted within a person's residence, if a player has mounted cameras outside their residence, in their vehicles or any place filming the public, they must get the consent of all parties involved.

So as a victim you can't do anything at all to defend your property? I mean as a criminal I would steal a car and always say no if the CCTV is hanging near the car. Feels like this is so much in favor of a criminal.

Quoting admin (lambchops) from discord here

"I mean, if you can prove you installed it and have video evidence of what happened because you have a modern computer with something like NVIDIA Shadowplay you can easily prove your version of events."

Further clarification

So, basically, if I have the RP screens of purchasing, installing it and then I ACTUALLY utilize it with Shadowplay, I'm gg? - player question

I would suggest so, although I also need to point out the fact we generally expect the other party to be aware of the existence of such a device (seeing it would be visible) - admin response

On 7/23/2020 at 10:28 PM, jcat said:

Are you serious?  Any kid can play on GTAW?

Staff, can you confirm?

It's not the server's job to moderate who plays GTA V - it's the parent's job, if the parents find that their child is mature enough to play the game, I don't see why they shouldn't allow it given they're not too young. Age ratings only apply only to the retailer, it's illegal for retailers to sell the game to those underage, it's not illegal to play it if a parent bought it for you and deemed you mature enough.

The rules as I see it were put in place precisely for this reason, to make the server a space where parents feel more comfortable allowing their near-adult children to play and should be widely accepted.

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm curious, what happens (or what should happen) when someone is shot and looses 5-10hp due to sync issues, but server never registers hit? I'm talking about ‚‚being shot'' but never getting the ‚‚You've been shot in _body part_ for X damage'' messages, and your injury not showing in /damages ?

• Björk locked this topic
  • Björk unlocked this topic