Server Rules: Questions and Answers

17 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

What are you supposed to do when you are PKed ?

Do you just carry on, on your character, because the PK is NPCed and happened to someone else? Are you expected to roleplay injuries? 

You forget everything leading up to the PK. Such as the guy who killed you, why you got killed etc.

10 minutes ago, Tennplugg said:

You forget everything leading up to the PK. Such as the guy who killed you, why you got killed etc.

Well I got shot in the head you can't really come back from that so I assume it was NPCed. Do I keep RPing like nothing happened? Cause I obviously wouldn't survive the events of the PK.

Just now, pateuvasiliu said:

Well I got shot in the head you can't really come back from that so I assume it was NPCed. Do I keep RPing like nothing happened? Cause I obviously wouldn't survive the events of the PK.

As said, you don't remember you being shot. You don't remember who did it or anything leading up to it. You still remember friends etc etc.

On 12/1/2019 at 2:35 PM, Mike said:

12.0 Crime-free Areas

What are the rules regarding the outskirts of crime free areas? It says ammunations are a crime free area but to what extend? Are you allowed to rob them right outside the ammunation? Are you able to rob someone when he exits the bank?

@Keane have you had time to form an answer on this?

On 12/1/2019 at 1:35 PM, Mike said:

12.0 Crime-free Areas

What are the rules regarding the outskirts of crime free areas? It says ammunations are a crime free area but to what extend? Are you allowed to rob them right outside the ammunation? Are you able to rob someone when he exits the bank?

For the current rules, the ammunation was added to protect someone purchasing guns in a store since they were in a menu. Robbing a gun store will likely result in being shot in real life due to the fact that the person behind the counter is always armed. Not every store is owned though so that's a secondary reason for the ammunation to be added to that list. 

The rule itself is to make up for the fact that it's impossible to properly simulate the security presence that certain areas have. A bank would have a lot more security than a gun store so robbing someone in the immediate area of a bank wouldn't be allowed, but outside of a gun store would be. 

I'll be sure to add some clarification to the rules update due this month to make sure this is clearer.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

With the rule of illegal ads being prohibited being recently written down proper, I had a question!

Does advertising a desire to purchase car parts constitute an illegal ad? As far as I'm aware, they come from an illegal source (chopping) and nowhere else, but they're mostly using to make metal parts, which is entirely legal as far as I'm aware. If I want to get car parts to make metal parts and legal knives, is that okay to advertise?

3 hours ago, Sabess said:

With the rule of illegal ads being prohibited being recently written down proper, I had a question!

Does advertising a desire to purchase car parts constitute an illegal ad? As far as I'm aware, they come from an illegal source (chopping) and nowhere else, but they're mostly using to make metal parts, which is entirely legal as far as I'm aware. If I want to get car parts to make metal parts and legal knives, is that okay to advertise?

I agree with Adero. The object itself is not illegal, as far as I'm aware.

"Dismantling" a car is something that could be considered as legal, depending on how RP is approached. There are states, including California, where you can become a licensed "dismantler" or run a salvage yard. Yeah obviously you would have to OOC'ly use the "chop" script, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that it could be RP'd legally. Generally it's old cars or cars that have not passed a smog check, etc. so maybe a set of guidelines could be established (certain mileage, length of time owned, etc.) that would make sense for the server. Could also provide an incentive for someone to scrap a car this way through a player owned salvage yard. Maybe this way it gives 30-35% instead of the 20% to OOC'ly use the /vscrap function. This creates more RP and everyone wins ?

Edited by Kestalas
  • Upvote 2
  • Keane unpinned this topic
  • Björk locked this topic
  • Björk unlocked this topic