Server Rules: Questions and Answers

This topic is created for community members to ask any questions regarding server rules. Bear in mind that you are not allowed to post suggestions or question admin's verdict here - please use suggestion or report forums instead.

There is no format, however try to make your questions as simple as possible, without any unneeded information.

• Upvote 1
  • 4 months later...

10. Robbing and Scamming

Players will only be permitted to rob a maximum of $5,000 and scam a maximum of $75,000. In order to scam a property you will need to receive a lead administrator's permission beforehand. This includes, but is not limited to, vehicles, houses and businesses. There will be no limitations to the amount of weapons and drugs you can rob or scam.

So.. how does the highlighted portion of this rule make any sense? If a guy's carrying a briefcase containing $500,000 and me and my friends hold him up in an alley way, what's the in-character reasoning for not being able to take more than $5,000 from the briefcase? OOC barriers like this are retarded and should not exist.

• Upvote 2
39 minutes ago, hubba said:

So.. how does the highlighted portion of this rule make any sense? If a guy's carrying a briefcase containing $500,000 and me and my friends hold him up in an alley way, what's the in-character reasoning for not being able to take more than $5,000 from the briefcase? OOC barriers like this are retarded and should not exist.

OOC barriers like this is meant to protect players. It makes no sense to be able to rob everything of a player, leaving the player without anything and in the end losing the will to play, because everything they worked for has been lost by a greedy guy with a gun. The amount is set to match the economy.

• Upvote 5
1 minute ago, HemmaX said:

OOC barriers like this is meant to protect players. It makes no sense to be able to rob everything of a player, leaving the player without anything and in the end losing the will to play, because everything they worked for has been lost by a greedy guy with a gun. The amount is set to match the economy.

That's just silly. It makes perfect sense to be able to take all of the cash a person is carrying. People shouldn't carry dumb amounts of money if they aren't willing to lose it.

• Upvote 2
27 minutes ago, hubba said:

That's just silly. It makes perfect sense to be able to take all of the cash a person is carrying. People shouldn't carry dumb amounts of money if they aren't willing to lose it.

It's not a game of win, loose, it must be balanced, otherwise chaos ensues. The limit is to keep roleplay sensible, otherwise you'd be driving your car down the street and it'd just be jacked and stolen - then should the user get the car to keep? No, it balances realism with people understanding it's a game - otherwise it'd be chaos.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Justus said:

It's not a game of win, loose, it must be balanced, otherwise chaos ensues. The limit is to keep roleplay sensible, otherwise you'd be driving your car down the street and it'd just be jacked and stolen - then should the user get the car to keep? No, it balances realism with people understanding it's a game - otherwise it'd be chaos.

I never said anything about stealing property. I'm arguing that a robbing limit on cash is dumb, and players should be able to rob whatever amount a person has on them.

• 4 weeks later...

15.0 Scrolling Weapons

It is not allowed to scroll weapons without roleplay with the exception of handguns. 

E.G.

• Player scrolls an assault rifle.

Though it says only handguns, could it be argued that scrolling would also be allowed for compact handgun-sized SMGs, specifically the mini SMG?

Edited by Iosif
2 hours ago, Nasty said:

Will the player slot be increased? Is it possible to increase it? And if so how high can we go because honestly I see this shit blowing tf up withing a year or so and having only 150 player slots may cause problems. 

Multiple servers till GT-MP can support a stable amount of players.

• Caporegime changed the title to Server Rules: Questions and Answers
  • Keane unpinned this topic
  • Björk locked this topic
  • Björk unlocked this topic